Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
Hello everyone, I'm quartz and here are some things that are always annoying me and need to be changed or fixed. This isn't supposed to be a rant so I'm sorry if it looks like one, I just want to make bedrock a better place for everyone. Let's start:

Problem 1: The Knockback
This might not apply to everyone but for me, this is kinda annoying. The new knockback is way better than the old one, that's not a question, tho sometimes it can get really really wonky which really isn't really fun and made me question my life a few times. On rare occasions, the knockback just doesn't exist at all and on other occasions, it's kinda there but also isn't which is really annoying when fighting on edges. Also, trying to combo someone is pretty hard when you deal literally no knockback. I noticed this happen on all maps.
How to fix this? Since i cant reproduce it, I don't really know, tho i hope that someone will find out soon enough

Problem 2: The Maps and the coordinates
On bedrock, the more blocks you are away from spawn, the buggier and laggier it gets. Now, why is this a problem on cube? Well, all the maps are in a single world file which means that some individual maps are really far away from spawn (I'm talking 30k - 80k or even more blocks) which makes them really buggy. A demo of this bug is available here made by a popular Youtuber called AntVenom. Here are some examples: View attachment 189488View attachment 189489View attachment 189490View attachment 189491 These are all screenshots from skywars solos maps
How to fix this? Make an individual world file and save the maps in those

Problem 3: The Skin Bug
This is something I already reported as a bug, which unfortunately got denied with the comment that it's not fixable. Tho I :doubt: that this isn't fixable since IIRC I noticed it after the knockback update. Basically what this bug is: View attachment 189492This is what my skin is supposed to look like and View attachment 189493 this is what it looks like on cube. What's happening is that the server handling the arms of player skins incorrectly which results in the left hand texture being replaced with the right hand texture.
How to fix it? ask ben to use his magic powers

Problem 4: Health and Hunger desyncing
This is probably known by the devs but hasn't been fixed yet. The main problem here isn't with the health, but with the hunger. Regeneration in 1.9+ is based on saturation. Before you ask, saturation is not hunger. If your saturation is higher than 0, you regen fast. Very fast. Every saturation point equals one regenerated health point. Some food gives more saturation than others and this is totally fine. The only thing that annoys me here is that if you're saturated you regen like crazy which basically makes you invincible for a couple of seconds. I'll get to this later. Now, if your hunger is desyncing with the server, this means that sometimes you cant eat. During a fight, it is crucial to eat because of the regeneration i mentioned before. No eat = No regen. No regen = no win. I died way too often because of this and its just getting really annoying at this point.
How to fix this? ask ben to use his magic powers

Problem 5: Saturation
Nerf it. Please. I'm tired of getting recked by someone with way worse gear just because they have food when I don't. I love the 1.9 saturation mechanic. In fact, it's probably essential but only if paired with 1.9 pvp. It just doesn't go well on 1.8(-ish) pvp since it literally puts you in godmode as long as you're saturated enough. Being unable to do damage for like 4 hits straight is not really cool.
How to fix it? Reduce how fast health regens.

Problem 6: Unbalanced chest loot in normal solo sw
I already talked about gold swords in another thread. This isn't really a problem tbh since you can just use ur fists to kill players(this is a joke pls remove gold swords). This thread is more about armor. I keep getting no leggings, neither on my islands nor the middle. If you didn't know, leggings are the second best armor piece. Not having leggings will result in fights being lost which happens to me a lot because RNGesus hates me.
How to fix? Increase the spawn rate of leggings(and maybe armor in general) just a little (5-10%) and remove or buff gold swords.

Problem 7: Armoury not in LI
please add armoury to lucky islands I'm used to not choosing a kit anymore and whenever I play li I forget to chose my kit
how to fix? copy paste armoury.jar to the lucky islands servers

Problem 8: Targetting because voting
This might be just me but I feel like I keep getting targetted whenever I vote for normal chest items. And as mods probably know, getting targetted is annoying as heck.
How to fix? Add an option to the settings menu to avoid having your name showed up when you vote

"Problem 9": regen on kill
this is more of a suggestion than a problem but this would help fighting against teamers and 3rd parties. Whenever you kill someone, you should get regeneration 1 or 2 for like 3-5 seconds so you're not an easy kill anymore.

Problem 10: Ghost blocks
the devs are already aware of this so this is just a reminder to fix this pls it can get really annoying at times

"Problem 11": Shields
I only saw players use shields twice, one of which was in hazards stream and as far as I could tell, they block all incoming damage, so maybe change that like it is on java because i can see a new shield meta coming up when this gets known.

Suggestion 12: Map selector
pls add this I'm tired of hopping between games because i hate the map

suggestion 13: add new maps to solo sw
pls add more maps i played every single map and i hate most of them after playing for 50 hrs

ok that's it, thanks for reading and i hope that at least some of the things i mentioned get fixed or added
edit; fixed mistake in Saturation

- repost to comply with the new rules, the old thread can be found here

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
To preface - this is not a "forward" of the content in this thread necessarily. I'm just here to touch on a few of the topics mentioned to clear up some possible misunderstandings and address a few bugs also mentioned as part of this thread.

On bedrock, the more blocks you are away from spawn, the buggier and laggier it gets. Now, why is this a problem on cube? Well, all the maps are in a single world file which means that some individual maps are really far away from spawn (I'm talking 30k - 80k or even more blocks) which makes them really buggy. A demo of this bug is available here made by a popular Youtuber called AntVenom. Here are some examples: View attachment 189488View attachment 189489View attachment 189490View attachment 189491 These are all screenshots from skywars solos maps
How to fix this? Make an individual world file and save the maps in those
From my findings, this was only relevant if I teleported millions of blocks away from the center of the world. Being only 30,000 blocks away from the center of the world and even beyond the hundreds of thousands of blocks away, I noticed no drop in FPS on my end. Once I teleported over a few million blocks away, I saw some occasional FPS drops, and the game start to become jittery at these coordinates. The quirks in the game mentioned in that video don't necessarily pertain to us in this case.

This is something I already reported as a bug, which unfortunately got denied with the comment that it's not fixable. Tho I :doubt: that this isn't fixable since IIRC I noticed it after the knockback update. Basically what this bug is: View attachment 189492This is what my skin is supposed to look like and View attachment 189493 this is what it looks like on cube. What's happening is that the server handling the arms of player skins incorrectly which results in the left hand texture being replaced with the right hand texture.
How to fix it? ask ben to use his magic powers
There might have been some miscommunication here if your report was denied (it was likely denied due to there being a report on this already), but this is something that is definitely a bug we are aware of and are tracking.

This is probably known by the devs but hasn't been fixed yet. The main problem here isn't with the health, but with the hunger. Regeneration in 1.9+ is based on saturation. Before you ask, saturation is not hunger. If your saturation is higher than 0, you regen fast. Very fast. Every saturation point equals one regenerated health point. Some food gives more saturation than others and this is totally fine. The only thing that annoys me here is that if you're saturated you regen like crazy which basically makes you invincible for a couple of seconds. I'll get to this later. Now, if your hunger is desyncing with the server, this means that sometimes you cant eat. During a fight, it is crucial to eat because of the regeneration i mentioned before. No eat = No regen. No regen = no win. I died way too often because of this and its just getting really annoying at this point.
How to fix this? ask ben to use his magic powers
I've seen this mentioned before but I've not really seen any solid video evidence of it occurring. If you have a video of this occurring, I'd encourage you to open a bug report :)

the devs are already aware of this so this is just a reminder to fix this pls it can get really annoying at times
Yep, definitely aware of this one. It's a tricky bug to fix but we are looking into it.

I only saw players use shields twice, one of which was in hazards stream and as far as I could tell, they block all incoming damage, so maybe change that like it is on java because i can see a new shield meta coming up when this gets known.
Shields are consistent with how they work on our Java network. From melee damage, you only take 1/3 of the damage, but with projectiles you will take no damage when blocking. When I tested this I only took the expected 1/3 damage, but please open a bug report if you notice this to not be the case.

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
My thoughts:
1) The saturation bug is the greatest thing ever.
2) The most annoying thing in the world is when I get a gold sword while the person next to me gets iron sharp 2, I vouch for removing sharp 2 iron since it’d make pvp fights longer and more fun.
3) Theres like 2 new block glitches that just appeared so whatever the devs did are dumb.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
From my findings, this was only relevant if I teleported millions of blocks away from the center of the world. Being only 30,000 blocks away from the center of the world and even beyond the hundreds of thousands of blocks away, I noticed no drop in FPS on my end. Once I teleported over a few million blocks away, I saw some occasional FPS drops, and the game start to become jittery at these coordinates. The quirks in the game mentioned in that video don't necessarily pertain to us in this case.
I was talking about the jitteriness. It doesn't make the game unplayable but it's weird sometimes and would be a nice QOL change. Changing this might also fix knockback to some extent but I could be wrong there.
There might have been some miscommunication here if your report was denied (it was likely denied due to there being a report on this already), but this is something that is definitely a bug we are aware of and are tracking.
aight thanks for clearing this up
I've seen this mentioned before but I've not really seen any solid video evidence of it occurring. If you have a video of this occurring, I'd encourage you to open a bug report :)
I'll try my best to catch this on camera
Shields are consistent with how they work on our Java network. From melee damage, you only take 1/3 of the damage, but with projectiles you will take no damage when blocking. When I tested this I only took the expected 1/3 damage, but please open a bug report if you notice this to not be the case.
I haven't done much testing on this so I guess I've something to do today.

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
1) The saturation bug is the greatest thing ever.
If you mean greatest as you like it, no it's not.
2) The most annoying thing in the world is when I get a gold sword while the person next to me gets iron sharp 2, I vouch for removing sharp 2 iron since it’d make pvp fights longer and more fun.
id just remove iron sharp 2 from starter islands so mid is more important
3) Theres like 2 new block glitches that just appeared so whatever the devs did are dumb.
one of them has been fixed this morning

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom