Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I have made a theory about the poison tower which is it stacks!
While reading this thread please keep in mind it is a theory.

Why do I think this?
The poison tower uses poison potions to poison mobs. Meaning if you toss another poison potion on them the effect's 'wear off time' will reset. Of course there could be a condition that the second poison tower should be either the same level as the first one or a higher level to reset it's 'wear off time'.

But still if it was this case then it is still not very smart having them near each other but technically you still can.

What do you think about this theory?
Do you agree or disagree?
If you disagree share points about why you disagree.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.

Why do I think this?
The poison tower uses poison potions to poison mobs. Meaning if you toss another poison potion on them the effect's 'wear off time' will reset. Of course there could be a condition that the second poison tower should be either the same level as the first one or a higher level to reset it's 'wear off time'.

But still if it was this case then it is still not very smart having them near each other but technically you still can.

I'm agree, I can explain but you says it all!

Reactions: AboodPlayz

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com

Why do I think this?

So like you are thinking that if you have a lvl 4 and a lvl 3 poison tower next to each other the effect will last longer? That would be definitely an interesting if you could manage to test it and let me know the results I would be even more curious, I am happy to help you test it if you find me in lobby.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
So like you are thinking that if you have a lvl 4 and a lvl 3 poison tower next to each other the effect will last longer? That would be definitely an interesting if you could manage to test it and let me know the results I would be even more curious, I am happy to help you test it if you find me in lobby.
Not really. Let us say the poison tower level one will give mobs poison for 10 seconds. You place another poison tower nearby which is level 1. A mob passes by the tower with 3 seconds of poison remaining. The second tower will shoot a potion causing the poison effect to reset to 10 seconds.
That is my theory.
I've also noticed that poison towers cannot kill mobs but they can weaken to a minimum percentage.
For some reason it only makes mob reach 1% ish health so 1 blow from a sword or any tower can kill them.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Not really. Let us say the poison tower level one will give mobs poison for 10 seconds. You place another poison tower nearby which is level 1. A mob passes by the tower with 3 seconds of poison remaining. The second tower will shoot a potion causing the poison effect to reset to 10 seconds.
That is my theory.

For some reason it only makes mob reach 1% ish health so 1 blow from a sword or any tower can kill them.
I didn't record but we had a level 4 poison poison zombies. They were brought down to more than 2 sword hits. Keep in mind this isn't vanilla poison where that would normally damage until 1 HP.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

Why do I think this?

this is one of the exact reasons I don't like when people say that tower trolling is a huge problem
every tower can stack if you do it properly but nobody understands my logic
finally somebody who gets my logic and agrees with it

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
this is one of the exact reasons I don't like when people say that tower trolling is a huge problem
They dont stack together but they do stack as a chain if placed correctly

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
All the effect towers have different properties that should be considered when being placed. For all towers though, lvl 4 is far superior to lvl 1 so I use those in my discussion. There is a distinct case to use level 3 archers, but that is another story. So assuming lvl 4 towers, quake and ice should never be placed close to each other for good reason. Poison and Mage are a bit different, at level 4 they should not be placed directly next to each other for varying reasons, but their spacing depends on what your worries are. I like to optimize individual towers to their fullest, but in some scenarios, you may want constant fire stream like against cave Yolos. See my guide for more details.

(Quake doesn't stack because if they did you could freeze mobs indefinitely. Ice at level 4 has a very quick refresh speed and a long last speed(the last speed is much longer than the refresh speed) so there is no point to placing those close together)
(Optimizing mage and poison towers individually is discussed in my first guide.)

fgeto

Jun 27, 2014
Poison and turrets are the best. POINT BLANK PERIOD
Don't argue.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Depends on what you mean by better job if you mean in damage then no the snow towers do
Snow towers? You mean ice towers? The turret/archer is more of a jack-of-all-trades against ground. TNT and mages do a much better job handling crowds due to their AoE damage (damages a lot of mobs at once compared to turret targeting up to 3 at once).

Members Online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom