Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
The title of the thread says it all. Cubecraft (not necessarily the staff team) doesn't appear to care too much about Tower Defence issues. Let me lay the ground work for my reasoning here:

• For starters, after there was an update, a poll vote went out that asked if players wanted the old version of the game back. 36 players out of 40 voted yes, and some of the players that voted no were players that didn't play or hardly played Tower Defence at all. The thread itself had over 2,000 views on it.
  • There was a post from a staff member that asked for new ideas for a tower. Someone suggested a tiki tower, and the staff had announced that the tower would be added. The tiki tower was not added to the game, and the news about it died out after some time.
  • Rather recently, the lack of the votekick command has irritated many players. Several threads about players that place badly (the primary reason for needing the command is to kick these players) were posted. A staff member claimed that they were a victim of an abused usage of the command, locked it, and didn't suggest ideas about alternatives to votekicking. It's evident that the staff sees your messages on the forums, but don't seem to do much about it.
  • There are still new ideas pouring in, such as new tower ideas and new mob ideas. While some of these ideas are better left not implemented, a new tower could still be added, but hasn't been added. Not only are there no new towers, but players don't even get to hear from staff whether their ideas are being thought about or not. I've not witnessed or read any posts by staff that says "please don't post new ideas here" or anything of the sort. So people are posting ideas in aimlessly.
So if the Tower Defence community's ideas aren't implemented, issues about votekick and tower misplacements aren't taken care of, and community poll votes have no meaning, then what's the point of posting on the forums? If you ask me, I think that it's a waste of time right now.

Thanks for reading. I'm ymbmg95 in-game.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
i hate to admit it ym but you are right mate, and everything you state above is spot on mr v only plays cause i ask him to, jamsbabe well she comes on to get me to play on another server cause she knows she will find me at towers she will play 1-2 games and leaves, she hates this new update she cant get her head around it! and you well you know that ur missed by myself it makes me so sad! and myself well i have gone i only play cause of fgeto! the amount of people i see putting in there 2 pence worth on these forums about how the players who ACTUALLY play the game have ocd or there ideas are wrong or they dont like it, is crazy and im like who are u again!?! but the ones who should be commenting are the developers. The only one mod that actually cares about the community at TD is chaosconjurer the amount of times she has come and played with me to try and see and report the bugs etc well i have lost count, i see no one else and that is a FACT. but they are all active on this forum.......

Reactions: ChaosConjurer

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
i hate to admit it ym but you are right mate, and everything you state above is spot on mr v only plays cause i ask him to, jamsbabe well she comes on to get me to play on another server cause she knows she will find me at towers she will play 1-2 games and leaves, she hates this new update she cant get her head around it! and you well you know that ur missed by myself it makes me so sad! and myself well i have gone i only play cause of fgeto! the amount of people i see putting in there 2 pence worth on these forums about how the players who ACTUALLY play the game have ocd or there ideas are wrong or they dont like it, is crazy and im like who are u again!?! but the ones who should be commenting are the developers. The only one mod that actually cares about the community at TD is chaosconjurer the amount of times she has come and played with me to try and see and report the bugs etc well i have lost count, i see no one else and that is a FACT. but they are all active on this forum.......

I'd love to hear staffs opinion on this

If Tower Defence's update wasn't a complete makeover of the game, I probably would still play from time to time too. I'd ask which other servers you play on, but I don't want that kind of trouble. I think that it's childish for servers to punish players for admitting that they play on other servers or discredit players that say so publicly. If someone says let's go to some pizza shop around the corner while shopping in a grocery store, you don't see the store's security getting mad at you for buying food elsewhere, not in America anyways. The truth is, if a server makes good games, listens to its community, and so on, then people will stick around to support it, even if there are other fun servers to play on. Minecraft servers seem to be quirky like this though. I agree that advertising other servers isn't good, but just mentioning that you play other servers on the forums may get you a bad reputation or worse.

I'd be surprised to see any staff come forward and agree. I wouldn't mind seeing a player count of how many players have felt this way. If you've ever felt this way about your thread or your posts, you should post a short story about why you agree. Don't be selfish though, think about why your thread might have been ignored or not taken seriously. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on a forums, feedback is generally welcome, provided things don't turn into some dreadful battle.

For anyone that thinks that my thread is negative, in some ways, it is, but it's honest feedback. I've given positive feedback before too, it's just been awhile. I did thank the staff once for fixing a glitch in Tower Defence. I don't hate or dislike staff. I dislike, maybe even hate, how pointless it feels to have a forums sometimes. I also dislike the updates to Tower Defence as well, but let's leave that for another thread or post.

Reactions: HurmitCurtis

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
Thankfully the staff here are actually all really nice,the ones ive meet are anyways and luckly they aint petty some may not realise but cube actually have a tidy lot staff wise :) , but I used the two players above as an example because not only did they both spend a lot of time at Tower defense they also invested money to cube craft to help them make it better as have so many others,and it was only 1game they both played and that was towers i could name others who played daily and have stopped but the list is to long but honestly it sometimes feels that towers is at the bottom of the list when it comes to game fixes and solving issues, I am right in what I said tho about chaos being the only mod to help with getting the issues we have had reported chaos is a fab staff member and she should be praised nothing is to much trouble for her I've seen her be in game after game until she sees the issue for herself they are also the only one that u will see in the towers lobby to, lol I know i live there :)

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I'll give a list of players that I've known that used to play Tower Defence, but either don't anymore or have played a lot less. This list includes: myself, ronnielei, CrystalDrop, lllllllllll, meowwie (that's her forums name), Ari, zloof, MidnightMailman, Udontknow, NinaD, hyena3000. I've heard from HurmitCurtis that he doesn't like playing as much anymore. Mrvossie plays a lot less, Jamsbabe plays only when he asks her to, and the list doesn't stop there. Other players that were logical and positive, with faith in Cubecraft, have also become inactive on the forums. Manchot999 comes to mind. I've not seen any recent posts for him in ages. I suspect that this is because he gave up on the server, likely after facing similar frustrations. There was even a player that took the name "TowerDefense" that used to play Tower Defence on Cubecraft.

There's overwhelming support for some ideas that weren't implemented too. Take a look at this thread here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/b...wer-defense-ranking-system-and-league.170029/ The world isn't lacking competitive players. If you want more players, more donations, and a server that thrives, then quit aggravating your existing players by remodeling your game completely and start listening to their input. Not every idea is good, but when a thread has 90% of all players asking for the return of the old version of Tower Defence, then what's stopping you from re-adding it? Your playerbase that likes the new version would stay because they're happy, old players could be brought back, and the server's reputation would start to become positive again. Browse the threads in the Tower Defence branch of the forums, some older threads had thousands of views, some newer threads have less than one hundred!

These changes can be gradual too, and you can read the feedback on the forums about each change. People are leaving your games. I've heard ridiculous remarks from players like "it's like they're trying to appeal to only players that don't place towers properly" and as much as I've wanted to disagree with them, take a look at the nonsense on the forums right now. If you could make Tower Defence into a hot item, and you're already business partners with Minecraft, you're already good at marketing, then you could really increase the playerbase drastically. As things are, I'm pretty sure that there isn't a single positive thread about Tower Defence on the front page of the Tower Defence section of the forums. I've even heard from someone that plays Eggwars that they're tired of Cubecraft's poor choices.

Reactions: HurmitCurtis

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I can confirm i havent seen Manchot999 in ages. engiwuck gone to. Sad times

It's a real shame that so many players are leaving constantly. I went to a Tower Defence lobby a few days ago and one of the players said that they didn't even know that there was a forums when I mentioned it. It doesn't surprise me to see that players aren't aware though. When players that use the forums feel like they're wasting their time posting, why bother bringing up the forums in-game?

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
It's a real shame that so many players are leaving constantly. I went to a Tower Defence lobby a few days ago and one of the players said that they didn't even know that there was a forums when I mentioned it. It doesn't surprise me to see that players aren't aware though. When players that use the forums feel like they're wasting their time posting, why bother bringing up the forums in-game?
it is a shame ym my friend list is red ;/ apart from the handful of new people that have come on, i am not surprised with the forums tbh, ive had loads complain to me about tower placement and the glitches etc.... they tell me cause half of the new ones think i am either a bot or staff and i am like no i am like u just a player ;/ and the reason for that is prob cause there is no one that comes to towers staff wise, so they vent out at me, i tell them what they need to do to report it and the rules within that but i do not suppose a lot of them actually do because it is one massive hassle its laughable really,

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
It would be nice for the Tower Defence community if Cubecraft would reconsider some of the suggestions on the forums. I even have my doubts about whether the staff team can get together and discuss it or not. As a whole, Cubecraft's owners, developers, administrators, moderators, helpers, and players don't seem to be on the same page. The only thing that I find impressive is the work put into building lobbies and such. The game seems to be programmed in such a way that crashes aren't a continuous issue. However, I've heard enough about glitches and issues that I can't say that I feel like an excellent job has been done as far as the maintenance of the game goes. To top it all off, the moderators, administrators, owners, and the developers don't seem to care about playing Tower Defence competitively enough to see why tower placement, the lack of a votekick command, or the drive for wanting different team sizes matters. I'd venture to say that after playing around one hundred fifty matches, even players that weren't inclined to strategy games could get a grasp for these issues. For players that are already inclined, I'd say less matches are needed to be convincing. If I was a new player, I'd probably have a supporting opinion after as little as ten matches played.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I've been going around collecting new players and teaching them how to play, with the help of 1 or 2 team players from before the game had the big updates or just really helpful ones today for example i had piones and miauw helping, I was great full for them because its hard to play and teach but that's just scratching the surface,there are hundreds of these players im in the lobby 40 mins going through each tower and placement something i feel should be clear with the tutorial, 1 new player I had today had been on cube months but never played td simply because they just didn't understand how the towers game works :/ and I expect all the new ones that join games feel like that,what I would like to see is that they ask us our opinions and come in the actual game with us,to understand the issues that is happening within the game they don't always have to agree people have different opinions on what we feel are issues but atleast note it, but again the only one that does that with me is chaos, I myself have been playing td since 2016, I know all the maps by heart now and could probably play with my eyes closed 《just an expression :) I know what's fair within the game and what's not, or what has issues and what doesn't I totally understand that they are busy, but at least 1 staff other then chaos come and join me so I can explain and actually show them, at the moment I don't feel that will happen so it's like fighting a battle you can't win, which is a shame because the game its self is great if u take away the issues, I wanted to private message a staff member the other day regarding what I feel are issues do u know I didn't know how to :/ I've been all over this page and I still have no idea how to do it. I won't write a forum about it because I feel this issue is a controversial issue but I simple don't know how to private message any of them :/

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
At the top-right, there should be something that looks like a chat bubble just to the right of your username on the forums. Hover over it and a short menu should appear, and one of the options will say "Start a New Conversation". That's what you'll want to click. The participants are the people that you'd like to message. I'll post a screenshot with a red arrow pointing to the chat bubble that you want to click on. If it were up to me, a very in-depth guide to using the forums would be posted and pinned at the top of each section of the forums or next to the "Forums" button.
upload_2018-4-16_18-52-50.png

It's good to see that you're taking a proactive step by teaching players. Good luck on your endeavors. I hope that more staff members will see the issues at hand.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
So why remove the section from the forums?
The assassins isn’t used often at all
Neither the discord
This forum this more commonly used than those 2
So why remove it

Mind you this isn’t a place intended for asking for that sort of thing
All of these sub forums are intended for community members to talk about tower defence

The suggestion forum is for that

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Just because other things haven't been removed in the past doesn't mean that they should be left that way.
I don't know what you're on about on how "this isn't at about Tower Defense."
I never said “this isn’t at about tower defence”

I am saying the examples given are sure convincing at first
But think about this
Why would they pay attention to something posted in this forum if it isn’t a forum intended for anything that should concern most staff

The forum isn’t for suggestions and thus most are ignored
Others are just way to overused and it isn’t balanced though
Half the people say it is one way while the other half say it is the other way
Half the people want vote kick while the other half don’t

The forums is intended for players to talk about TD
Why shouldn’t it just be used for that

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
If it is true what u r saying and forums are ignored sadly to say then everyone is wasting their time being on here don't u think jollow? Most posts I see on here are mostly questions directed towards members of staff who have the power to make cube better! If it was just players having a chat then this whole site would be pointless, cause if I wanted a chat I'd do that in game or lobby.

Reactions: 11Ls

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
So why remove the section from the forums?
The assassins isn’t used often at all
Neither the discord
This forum this more commonly used than those 2
So why remove it

Mind you this isn’t a place intended for asking for that sort of thing
All of these sub forums are intended for community members to talk about tower defence

The suggestion forum is for that

I'm aware of the purposes of having a forum, but I haven't seen anything that's convinced me to believe that it's useful for Tower Defence. There was even supposedly a contest for tower suggestions ages ago, and some kind of tiki tower won the contest for tower ideas. It was supposed to be added, but it wasn't. I'm not saying that I'd like to see one, but that's beside the point. If you really think about it, the only idea that the forums has honestly given Cubecraft was the idea to remove the votekick command, which isn't even what the majority of the player-base wanted. Look at the other polls on the forums here. There's not one that I've seen where the majority wanted the command removed. If Cubecraft put more of an effort into finding alternatives for the command, fixing glitches, listening to the community, and so on, then I wouldn't have written this thread. Feel free to disagree with me in the comments. I'm not upset to see people disagree with me. However, my view on why Cubecraft has a Tower Defence section of the forums is still unchanged. I just haven't seen enough to convince me otherwise.

Thanks for reading.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Having a sub-forum for every game is there for a reason. I comprehend why you think Tower Defence is getting desolated. If no one brings up suggestions to help improving Tower Defence, I would definitely not get updated anytime soon. And that's why it's very important for you, and the other players that still play Tower Defence, to come up with some good suggestions. I do think they should consider fixing all the current glitches, though. If Tower Defence doesn't get a few changes, I am frightened it is to be feared that the current situation will further deteriorate over the next few months. I am aware developing is hard and takes a lot of time, but the game must be fixed.

Trust me, the staff members do listen to the community. I do not know if they are debating all the problems in Tower Defence yet, but they could. It'd b great if the staff members do so. The current number of players playing Tower Defence is just really low, sad enough. Without any changes being made, the situation definitely won't better. Though, if there are other updates/bugs that have a slight priority, it might take a little while for Tower Defence to get updated again. I completely agree with you, but you, or anyone else that has free time left, should consider making a thread about all the little problems in Tower Defence with a good example of how the developers could possibly fix them. I am 90% sure this thread will get escalated, as the staff should really see Tower Defence as a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miauw
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Top Bottom