• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello all, I have been thinking about these multiple ideas for a long time and I finally put pen to paper, or in this case, fingers to keyboard. Basically my idea centers on the return of Speed Egg Wars. If you saw my post about it in this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/vote-for-the-featured-game.220504/#post-1116105 You would know quite a few players were in full support of Speed Egg Wars making some sort of return. But how would CubeCraft go about this? Wasn't it unpopular? Would it be a failure? Let's hop right into the first idea.

1) Being Featured: My first idea is simple, feature Speed Egg Wars on featured games, as everyone knows Infection is gone, and Speed Egg Wars is a very good candidate to fill that void. I feel like it would be a huge hit as MANY people love the game and it had arguably the highest player count of removed games. I also feel like with the thriving player base it could be a very good step into brining more and keeping the current ones. The downsides? Maybe not getting featured every time but every game has that risk, more so than others. But some may argue that there are too many options to vote and it would be difficult choices and not fair since some games never get featured. Allow me to introduce you to option 2.

2) Permanently Added Back: Now idea 2 is actually split into two. A and B, I did this because the ideas I have for both of them are drastically different and have different effects on everything in Egg Wars. Here we go...

2a) Integration Into Meta | Era of Speed: The idea crossed my mind that Egg Wars needs new and fresh content, but is it possible to teach an old dog new tricks? Maybe, but it is possible to teach old tricks to a new dog. You probably have no idea what I'm saying and think I'm crazy. Let me explain: Egg Wars needs an update, but it's hard to think of ideas of course. The last game-changing update was a long time ago, but who says it has to be fresh, what if we brought something old back but in a new light. Introducing the Era of Speed. A brand new concept update featuring ALL speed features becoming one with classic egg wars. How would this work? All Speed maps would return and be available in the normal selection, a new voting option would be introduced, would you like to vote for a speed boost? Diamond Ranks and higher get to control your speed now. More kits, kits can be introduced from speed, some are not that powerful, so they are combined with other existing weak kits to change how kits are used and which ones are the best. Along with that achievement from Speed can be tweaked and made to return (those applicable) to add more ways to get XP, Points, Cubelets, and more challenges for determined players. This update would change the game forever, and I think in a positive way, new strategies and counters would have to be implemented, faster matches would be widely accepted and appericiated from casual to hardcore gamers. More importantly it makes everyone happy.

2b) The Return of Speed | Era of Resurrection: This idea brings to light the return of Speed Egg Wars as its own section of Egg Wars, not integrated with normal egg wars with all your favorite features. There isn’t much to say about this as you get the point already but since your here if you see this please at the bottom of your response comment “Meow” :)

Thank you guys for reading this, I really appreciate you taking the time to read and respond to this, now before you vote I must remind you to vote out of the interest of Egg Wars. Not because you want Block Wars to return first, you can make a thread about that if you like, and don't vote no because you hold a personal vendetta against me, cause that’s just silly my dude. Have a wonderful evening! Feel free to comment below what you would like to see and what you're not sure about, suggestions or questions are welcome. Stay safe and stay healthy Cubecrafters! :cube_light::)

Link to other thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/something-new-for-egg-wars.231635/

Last edited:

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I think that 2a would be very interesting but with a few changes, I would keep the maps in their own category (because they are so different gameplay wise) AND add a speed option into the voting (I would say either let Diamond rank be minimum to vote for this, or Obsidian to give them something special, because for now emerald is basically the same as obsidian but cheaper). But I would love to see and of the 3 added into the game!

Meow

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes!1!1 Then they remove it again and destroy your entire grind.

They wouldn't add something just to remove it, remember this is a suggestion to add it, so voting no because it would just get removed again right away makes no sense my friend.

I think that 2a would be very interesting but with a few changes, I would keep the maps in their own category (because they are so different gameplay wise) AND add a speed option into the voting (I would say either let Diamond rank be minimum to vote for this, or Obsidian to give them something special, because for now emerald is basically the same as obsidian but cheaper). But I would love to see and of the 3 added into the game!

Meow

They still would be in their own category, they are listed in normal map types but clearly, when you load into them they would be the faster variant of maps, also they could label the map names in a different color for consistency. Yes, Diamond Rank and higher. We want the feature to be used and Diamond Ranks could benefit from this. Emerald and Obsidian may be different but again, we want a feature that more than 2 ranks can vote for, excluding staff and specialty ranks.

@Onikpig and @Eli care to share your opinions?

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I'm gonna be just straight forward with this rather than nitpicking from each different portion and giving my opinion about it. Overall I don't think it would be a great idea to bring back Speed Egg Wars. The only reasoning I have towards this would be that it would be splitting the current existent community. While, yes it may be a nice introduction to older content that once existed on this server and a great way to attract or retain some of the new and or returning players. It's still forcing your players to choose between two different forms of a certain game mode, which brings you back to why it was removed in the first place. If you give your players too many options in one specific game or offer it in two different formats, you're more likely to split the community and eventually kill it. Although you did suggest this opinion in two different forms, this basically covers why it shouldn't be brought back as it's own game mode.

Meow!

Regarding, the idea of integrating it into your current existing, "Classical Egg Wars", it seems very stupid to add all those Speed Egg Wars maps into the normal selection, while I myself wouldn't be opposed to it since it would make rushing far more easier, it's very likely that if any new player joined they wouldn't want their game ending in less than 2 minutes if not 1 minute. Which would, in other words, kill the purpose of having to vote for speed as everyone would benefit from that while keeping it normal just makes us rushers benefit the most.

P.S. Thinking about it now, I originally voted for nothing to change, but just the thought of winning games at a much faster pace, I will gladly change my vote to 2a! Destroy all the noobs and win games faster, you have my vote sis!!

D

Deleted member 347571

@_The13thDoctor_ i simply voted for no because there is Eggwars and adding another Eggwars gamemode will get Ew less players & other people can't play removed games not as much before they added speed eggwars.

Reactions: JD_United

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I would like to see it coming back as a featured game, as well as every other gamode which got removed.
I don’t understand how it didnt make it to the featured games list, because so many players love it and so many players complain about it not being on the list.
It may be a risky move to add it permanently, but it deserves a spot as a featured game definitely.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
@_The13thDoctor_ i simply voted for no because there is Eggwars and adding another Eggwars gamemode will get Ew less players & other people can't play removed games not as much before they added speed eggwars.

I already covered all of this, please re-read my post completely as I touched on all your points. Just because Egg Wars exists doesn't mean you can't add a new mode or add it to normal. The new mode doesn't mean that always, and as I mentioned before don't vote because of other games, I gave multiple solutions, add it back as separate mode, featured game, or add it to current meta.

D

Deleted member 347571

I already covered all of this, please re-read my post completely as I touched on all your points. Just because Egg Wars exists doesn't mean you can't add a new mode or add it to normal. The new mode doesn't mean that always, and as I mentioned before don't vote because of other games, I gave multiple solutions, add it back as separate mode, featured game, or add it to current meta.

I don't say its a bad game though but whats the point of adding a featured game that already exists? Featured games should be a place where you can experiment new games if you get what i mean :p

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't say its a bad game though but whats the point of adding a featured game that already exists? Featured games should be a place where you can experiment new games if you get what i mean :p

This makes no sense, it’s not even a feature game and Speed Egg Wars is very different from normal egg wars. None of the featured games are experiment new games, there all old removed ones.

Reactions: Axyy

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hello! :cool:
I don't know what I have to choose, I LOVE the idea, I want Speed EggWars back too. I think it will be better as Featured Game but hostenly, I think you can keep it as a game forever. I really like 2A, permanently speed and other cool stuff, I would love to see that, 2B I think people maybe wanna have it as the normal way. But if you do 2A you can vote, so when I'm saying this I think I will go for 2A. I think it will make more funny to have that. Nice suggestion. I love it! :)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
we used to play this mode, and i recall it being fun. i liked the maps, specifically candy and civilization. if you voted op on this mode, you would get obby for 1 gold a piece. this was actually surprisingly a fair price with the rushed play style you would need to win. id have to go with 2b because even though this mode was very fun, i just feel like if it was the only mode it would be kind of annoying. the best time i had playing eggwars was back when there was normal and speed eggwars, so i really do hope they bring it back.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
we used to play this mode, and i recall it being fun. i liked the maps, specifically candy and civilization. if you voted op on this mode, you would get obby for 1 gold a piece. this was actually surprisingly a fair price with the rushed play style you would need to win. id have to go with 2b because even though this mode was very fun, i just feel like if it was the only mode it would be kind of annoying. the best time i had playing eggwars was back when there was normal and speed eggwars, so i really do hope they bring it back.

It wouldn't be the only mode, it would join Normal as the maps from speed would be like playing speed but in one selection menu.

Reactions: Popcornman467

decobra

Novice Member
May 21, 2017
I think 2a would be a great idea but wit a few changes. Like there was a perk for getting speed that would be getting back intrad of the boring think or make it not diamond but a lower rank too vote for it. Or or would be able to be a kit with some speed pots. You didn't mention kits I dont know about these becuz that would be able to get the game unbalanced. Idk if it would tho. But there is a high change that the kits are gonna need some rebalancing

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think 2a would be a great idea but wit a few changes. Like there was a perk for getting speed that would be getting back intrad of the boring think or make it not diamond but a lower rank too vote for it. Or or would be able to be a kit with some speed pots. You didn't mention kits I dont know about these becuz that would be able to get the game unbalanced. Idk if it would tho. But there is a high change that the kits are gonna need some rebalancing

2a means that only the maps that were for speed have the speed like quality, in short, they are apart of meta but speed is votable on there, kits are balanced and will remain with normal kits. Voting in speed can be gold or diamond rank.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥳
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Watch your redaction score and messages, (66 and 444) xD
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #45-
The largest known prime number has 24,862,048 digits. This prime number is 2 multiplied by itself 82,589,933 times, minus 1.
Mintypie231 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you so much for the follow!!
Top Bottom