Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should these changes be implemented for the Cubecraft book of records?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No (Please state in comments as to why)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
I have not seen any sort of thread talking about this, I feel I need to bring up the problems that the Cubecraft book of records thread has in general that need desperately fixing so the thread can be an accurate resource used to look at for all things world record based for the network.

I will be talking about Bedrock and the problems there, I do not play Java very much so I am unable to point out the inaccuracies there, I feel the thread overall is maintained and looked after very poorly, hence most of the bedrock community use speedrun.com to submit runs as oppose to the forums.

Below the quotes I have provided a summary of what changes need to be made if you do not wish to read the entire post

Inaccuracies with the fastest games
I have pointed out many problems with the thread that are highly inaccurate however these changes have not been rectified, for example.

The egg wars teams of 2 any% record according to the forums is held by 4 different people, despite the game mode being a 2 player team game.
1616693909644.png

This is quite clearly a Teams of 4 record put into the wrong place however when talking to mods about it they stated that.
"I believe the fastest game has 4 people as 4 people have beaten the record"
When this in reality is not the case, as confirmed when I asked The record holder himself on discord about it.
1616694419064.png

The record is actually 53 seconds held by Nightmare and Angie (https://www.speedrun.com/cubecraft/run/y8vwdrdz), and if you are to follow the 75% rule set that was stated as a rule on the forums then the world record would be a 1:00 (https://www.speedrun.com/cubecraft/run/y9n33q2z) by Nightmare and Angie.

Nearly all speed run any% times on the forums are completely outdated, all it would take to update them would be to check the speedrun.com page and to add that on there. I could list off examples but I would end up going through nearly every single game mode. This needs attending to.

Inaccuracies with Wins
This is another issue, the most wins stated on the leaderboards are completely outdated and wrong, there are plenty of examples of this.
This is not just a case of them being a few hundred wins out but a few thousand and completely outdated.

Eggwars Solo
1616695022588.png

1616695076401.png

Eggwars Duos
1616695099431.png

1616695121511.png

Eggwars teams of 4
1616695145970.png

1616695170874.png

And this is just Eggwars, this is the same for all of them and it only took about 5 minutes to cross reference this. The thread claims to have been updated as of March 25th 2021 but clearly this has not been attended to despite it being quite easy to check this.

Problems with categories
There are quite a lot of unnecessary records that don't need to be there.

1. Win percentage and KD
This while it does reward the highest win rate is not a very good record to have, it is solely dependant on the amount of wins you have, a random player who has only played 1 game can easily break this by winning 1 out of 1 game getting them a 100% win rate, this overall is a useless record to have and should most likely be removed.
This principle also applies to KD.

An alternative can be simply be "kill streak" and "win streak" that can be easily shown using the stats screen presuming you have not died or lost a single time.

2. Most blocks places / Most Blocks walked / Most time played
1616695576604.png

These stats are quite unnecessary, while it is technically a record, not many people are interested in seeing these stats and will most likely ignore them.

What are the proof standards?
This is a large problem as there can be likely a lot of cheated runs without anyone being able to catch them.
1616696139320.png

Video proof is not stated as a full requirement for records for speed, this opens the gates to have a lot of cheated runs submitted either by someone using hacks or cross teaming with another player, people can also jsut take screenshots at the end of other peoples runs and steal them and there will be absolutely no way of telling, this in my opinion makes speed running quite unfair as even I am unsure as to whether some of these records are completely legitimate or not.

As shown on all game modes there is the option to submit a perfect% run however there is no rules provided as to what that even means, most players would look at it and not know what it means and due to the lack of explanation in the thread, most records do not have a submission.
1616696821271.png

For reference of a clear rule set, here is the one I made for speedrun.com you can view here:
1616696625516.png

This is a feature on the website but I have also provided specific rules for each category that can be understood quite easily. For example: Eggwars
1616697001303.png

Another thing I want to talk about is these records here,
1616696337890.png

How is it possible to completely prove these are legitimate, relying on word of mouth is quite unreliable and does not give the same amount of chance for other players to achieve these records, again video evidence should be required and I doubt anyone would be able to record 350 wins in a row as well as 1000 deaths in skywars, I understand these are silly records but it doesn't give a fair chance for anyone else to achieve these records as I am aware that both saltyshadows and Darkninja27 are friends with moderators who run this page.

In the thread, evidence next to the record achieved should be provided as it is beyond a chore to locate any of these runs in the thousands of comments made on the thread, there is nothing to show when these records were achieved nor whether they follow the minimal rules provided on the thread.

(This is the sum up the post for those who do not want to read the entire post)
What can be done to Improve this?
There are quite a lot of measures that can be put in place to keep it maintained. It is all well and good making these changes but there is also an obligation to keep up these changes that so desperately need to be made. I do think that the thread is very poorly maintained and would like to suggest some changes be made to improve that.

1. It is quite easy to use either https://www.speedrun.com/cubecraft or the cubecraft network itself to check some of these stats without having to rely on them submitting it in the comments of the forum thread. You can also obtain a lot of information by reaching out to the 1st place leader board players of each game mode to send a screenshot of their stats either using discord or using xbox live which is quite simple to be able to do.

2. Remove the pointless categories I stated before so the workload can be eased off for records that are not important to anyone looking at the thread.

3. Require video proof of all runs and revise and restate the rules for proof and submissions, this is quite important to be able to catch out cheaters and people who want to fake evidence, it is quite difficult to fake a speed run with a video without easily being caught.
Provide a link to the proof provided next to each submission so proof can be located and proven easily, this may take some work but it is extremely necessary for people to be able to see these achievements.

4. If this changes will take alot of effort and there are not enough staff to volunteer the team at speedrun.com would happily come and help you guys with the thread, if not comfortable with that you can reach out to other staff to help make these changes.

Attachments

• 1616693886843.png
    1616693886843.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 1616693902199.png
    1616693902199.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 75

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey! I am currently one of the editors of the World Records Thread. I'd like to address some of the points you've mentioned.

First of all the CubeCraft Book of World Records is an initiative started and maintained by community members. It is not official or runned by CubeCraft itself. Also we are dependent of the community submitting their records in the ways we ask them to, otherwise we can't know they broke a records. We try to make the book as recent and correct as possible, but this is hard for us if nobody submits their records.

1. It is quite easy to use either https://www.speedrun.com/cubecraft or the cubecraft network itself to check some of these stats without having to rely on them submitting it in the comments of the forum thread. You can also obtain a lot of information by reaching out to the 1st place leader board players of each game mode to send a screenshot of their stats either using discord or using xbox live which is quite simple to be able to do.
We don't look at the speedrun website. If you want your name and record to be featured in the World Records Book, you should submit your records either in our discord server or via our google form. We are not going to check the speedrun website non-stop.

2. Remove the pointless categories I stated before so the workload can be eased off for records that are not important to anyone looking at the thread.
You talked about players with 1 win can take over the win% record, which is simply not true. We have guidelines, saying to get a best W/L record you need at least 250 wins in that gamemode and for the best K/D record you need at least 750 kills.

3. Require video proof of all runs and revise and restate the rules for proof and submissions, this is quite important to be able to catch out cheaters and people who want to fake evidence, it is quite difficult to fake a speed run with a video without easily being caught.
For speedruns/parcour records we already require players to show video footage of them achieving the record.

Provide a link to the proof provided next to each submission so proof can be located and proven easily, this may take some work but it is extremely necessary for people to be able to see these achievements.
We don't share the evidence, but you can trust us that we look at it carefully before accepting the records! If we might discover later that somebody somehow has faked evidence for a record, all his records get removed from the book.

An important thing to realise is again that we are just a bunch of community members running the thread. It is quite difficult to 100% keep up with all the stats and records on the entire network, but we try our best! If you want the book to be more complete, invite your friends over to our discord server or make them aware of the excistance of the book. The more people will submit their records, the more complete the book will be!

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021
Hey! I am currently one of the editors of the World Records Thread. I'd like to address some of the points you've mentioned.

First of all the CubeCraft Book of World Records is an initiative started and maintained by community members. It is not official or runned by CubeCraft itself. Also we are dependent of the community submitting their records in the ways we ask them to, otherwise we can't know they broke a records. We try to make the book as recent and correct as possible, but this is hard for us if nobody submits their records.

We don't look at the speedrun website. If you want your name and record to be featured in the World Records Book, you should submit your records either in our discord server or via our google form. We are not going to check the speedrun website non-stop.

You talked about players with 1 win can take over the win% record, which is simply not true. We have guidelines, saying to get a best W/L record you need at least 250 wins in that gamemode and for the best K/D record you need at least 750 kills.

For speedruns/parcour records we already require players to show video footage of them achieving the record.

We don't share the evidence, but you can trust us that we look at it carefully before accepting the records! If we might discover later that somebody somehow has faked evidence for a record, all his records get removed from the book.

An important thing to realise is again that we are just a bunch of community members running the thread. It is quite difficult to 100% keep up with all the stats and records on the entire network, but we try our best! If you want the book to be more complete, invite your friends over to our discord server or make them aware of the excistance of the book. The more people will submit their records, the more complete the book will be!
Nothing in your thread says anything about requiring video proof, that should probably be revised, not all stats can be updated but the easily accessible ones can be easily looked at by simply checking the other sources, it took me less than 5 minutes to cross reference them, no one would expect you guys to be completely accurate every day but at least every so often like once a month should be fine enough.

Again it doesnt matter whether they are submitted or not, if the thread is wrong and the information can be shown otherwise on another source then it won't be taken seriously. I wouldn't point some of these out if they were just a few hundred wins out but the fact that the top spot has double the amount of wins in most cases than is listed on the forums then it is cause for concern.

The things you didn't mention however please address these issues.

Reactions: Technosword

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Nothing in your thread says anything about requiring video proof
1616704058929.png

Also if people want their name in the top spot they can just submit their run through the discord or form. I don't see the problem, because if they don't submit it for the record book they might not even care about the record book or know of its existence.

As for evidence I think it might be fun to have a link to the evidence next to or under each record. I think it's fun if community members can also view the evidence easily. Of course it would be hard to add that to all records on the thread right now so you could start off with the ones that get updated.

~Naitzirch

CubecraftSpeedrunning

Novice Member
Feb 12, 2021

Also if people want their name in the top spot they can just submit their run through the discord or form. I don't see the problem, because if they don't submit it for the record book they might not even care about the record book or know of its existence.

As for evidence I think it might be fun to have a link to the evidence next to or under each record. I think it's fun if community members can also view the evidence easily. Of course it would be hard to add that to all records on the thread right now so you could start off with the ones that get updated.

~Naitzirch
I didnt see that initially, but it should not just apply to the parkour even still.

I have made a comment on the CC WR thread aswell updating all the outdated stats that are public

@Maaarijn I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
Top Bottom