Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft add an 'old paintball' minigame?

• Total voters

Cactus Awex

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2017
Manchester, Wigan
www.google.com
Ever heard of the phrase 'Don't fix something that isn't broken?' Yeah, you probably have. But obviously, cubecraft haven't because (in my opinion) the game is a complete mess now.

First off, I can't see anything due to the amount of stupid and non-needed particles (Although I usually just turn particles off, that requires 5 seconds of effort!).

Also, why does shooting someone make them highlighted? I mean, its cool to see people easier but, we have F3+B to do that (Although remember not to mistake paintballs for players, their box is smaller).

POWER UPS: I don't see the point of them. In old paintball, you could easily get 20-40 kills if you practised (my high score is 31, not much but hey it's better than nothing), but now I have to adapt to random changes that weren't even needed. After playing it for an hour I can only really kill people through core gameplay, power-ups don't even power me up, they just serve as a nuisance when fighting someone who has somehow managed to adapt to the new gameplay quickly...

Maps: I haven't seen many maps but from what I have seen, their boring. I mean, one of the maps I saw is literally a rectangle that you're thrown into and then the cubecraft developers are like: "Ok shoot each other and have fun". Maps need to be smart and interactive, not a big field with some holes in it, Designed to look like something without actually being something.

Oh, and one more thing... WHAT THE F&$K HAPPENED TO MY PROGRESS!?

You know what, I can tell why people dislike it, and I can also tell why people like the update because this reminds me of what happened around 1-2 years ago... The 1.9 Update.

In the events following 1.9, a lot of people loved it but even people who loved it admitted that they understood why people hated it, it was sudden. Yeah, there may have been snapshots, but let's face it, how many PVP'ers practised in the snapshots. 25% of them don't even use snapshots or listen to snapshot news. So when the 1.9 update suddenly came out, people were very angry with all the stupid changes, especially the new combat SYSTEM. An entirely new way to play a game, it was essentially a new game in terms of the PVP mechanics.

And this bares a kind of disturbing resemblance to the paintball update, I mean look:

The number one thing 1.9 did wrong was suddenly, with no real warning other than news and snapshots, change core mechanics players had been used to for years, and what did this paintball update do? Ah yes, it changed core mechanics and added random mechanics like power-ups with no real warning other than news. Also, just like powerups, shields were random and not needed.

Another thing 1.9 did wrong is it didn't show any mercy for people who didn't really want it:

In other words, although you could get rid of the system with commands, in cubecraft, you can't go back to the old gameplay.

SOLUTION:

The solution to all this is surprisingly simple. Just add an 'Old Paintball' minigame, that is just the original paintball... THATS IT, that's all you need to do! Just give me my paintball back and give me my stats back and I will be happy.

Reactions: GeldHaftige

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Hmmm... it all suggested for retro-arcade. Than cubecrafters adds the Old arcade. I dont think that it is a Good idea for adding only the Old paintball. You find the maps boring, Everyone his opinion. The map does not matter for me. It is the game that is funny And it like it. Maybe an Old arcade, where you can play Old paintball again?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Top Bottom