Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you want to see in the next SkyWars update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Map border
I have seen a lot of campers this month so i would like to sugest to add something like a map border. It will stop people from camping and you will have to go to the middle to fight with each other. This border will give you damage when you are standing into the border. This means that no one can stay at the same spot so they have to move closer to each other.

Special kits
This would maybe not sound great for everyone but i would like to at special kits. These kits will have the ability to shoot something via your sword or something like that , there will be a cool down on your sword/item so that you cant spam it. It will be able to shoot fireballs or zombies to kill the other person. The zombies are ofcource very weak but they will able to distract the player so that they don't see you.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
  1. Remove the Swordsman kit, or use a lower-damage sword
  2. Remove the Notch Apple recipe (not the normal ones), it just kinda breaks the whole "Vanilla", default feeling of skywars
  3. Maybe have a kit-no abilities selection? Again playing with kits is fun, the abilities are somewhat weird and random-y most of the time (triple shot bow? speed upon taking damage? Chance to get more ores when mining them, effectively duplicating the block?) Maybe it could be a voting option, "No abilities".
  4. Improve the redstone master kit, by far it has way less items than it needs to make an actually interesting kit. It should porbably be:
    • Four normal pistons
    • Nine slimeballs (so you can make either sticky pistons or a slimeblock)
    • 5 redstone blocks
    • 2 Hoppers
    • 4 repeaters
  5. Add the Elytra on OP, to better fight punch-bows
  6. Lower armor protection on OP / Higher sword / bow damage
  7. Completely revamp loot tables. You can easily get full diamond in Normal. It should work like:
  8. 40% leather armor
  • 30% chain armor / gold armor
  • 20% Iron armor
  • 10% diamond armor
  • Chances for better armor are higher at mid.
Add potions in chests, mostly of healing and speed, not really poision/harm because it could be as team trolling
Armor/weapons in chests shouldn't be enchanted, so the player can enchant it themselves, and there's a 50% of it being enchanted if found in a mid chest.
Ok that's it for now ;-;

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
First off, I'd like to add something like a warning for making sure no one teams ; it would be translated in all languages which CubeCraft offers and it would help reduce teamers. It would look something like the Minerware introduction screen.

Chest refills:

These shouldn't give armor anymore. It should only give gear that aids combat, like Swords,blocks,food ETC.

Map Specific Items:
They should be either nerfed or removed, example the Knockback bone/Football.

Glowing Effect:
It could be a little flash every 30 seconds, and lasts for about 3-5 seconds.
Even though it would reduce trapping I suggest there would be a kit that would reduce Glowing effect's time period.

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
Kits balancing
Yes, as @Snap made the thread explaining all kits where only "iron golem" & "swordsman" & "scout" & "blacksmith" mostly are used (at least in 1.8).
To be honest, making kits, differenting points etc is really easy to do. This could give a whole new twist to skywars in general.

'No kits or abilities' section removed
As it says itself, no.
I like it because new players could play solo/team sw and not having to worry about anyone with a sharp2 iron sword coming from the back. So everyone has a fair chance of winning.

More kits
Basically the same awnser as in "kits balancing"

More maps for bigger teams
I'm interested what you have in mind with this.
I'm guessing you're meaning have maps with more than 8 players a team.
Honestly, it'd be really cool for 1.9 and up.
Unfortunally 1.8 is a bit left in the dark, and playing Pacman is already hard, what is 32 players and teams of 8. Bringing back maps like Elements would, as said, on the 1.9 part be cool. But on the 1.8 part it'd just be more annoying as not much players play 1.8 anymore.

New voting options
Yes, the current 3 options of chest and 3 options of time of day could have some more things.
Weird things that randomly spawn, or anything that makes it more interesting could be neat.
Please don't add (like in Eggwars) half/double/tripple health. It'll ruin the fun as people would just either 2 hit you in Overpowered or they will have to 10 hit you before you're dead with double/tripple.

Personally, I'd love to see some way of implementing CE (Custom Enchants), I know CE aren't a 'new' thing.
However I don't know any server that has CE implemented in Skywars.
This could mean a whole new sort of Skywars coming alive, and a lot more players trying out this game mode.
Enchants could raise from bow to sword, from sword to armour etc.
Different enchant could have positive effects (more hearts) or negative, someone gets hit by lightning as there's a certain % chance that it'll strike him.
If you do know any server that has this implemented, please let me know. I couldn't find any myself.

More map specific items / Less map specific items

More for sure, the current special items are fun and diverse. That makes every map different in chest.

New Abilities
I don't know my feeling by this, I gues it'd depend on what kind of abilities.

World event after 10/15 mins: Chests refill over time or people will have glowing effect
FI-NAL-LY, YES.
This is really needed, some big Team Skywars maps take ages for looking for players if they're camping somewhere.
Also on maps like Trees it's close to impossible to go to mid with-out a E-pearl. If the enemy team is camping on the middle. Some people will comment "oh just report them for camping" yeah, we could. But it doesn't solves the solution to camping.
Raps down to chest refills every 10-15 minutes, yes.
The glowing effect, no.
The effect would totally ruin the game skywars itself, as there are compass' already and I don't think it'd be needed to implement a glowing effect. It'd just abstract players their vieuw and could possibly get pretty irritating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Swordsman - Iron sword with sharp 1 or stone sword with sharp 2

Tank - Iron chestplate, chain leggings

Enchantment - less exp bottles (only 32) and less lapiz (only 16)

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helmet

Bomber - add golden boots with blast protection II and feather falling I, increase amount of TNT to 12 or 16, change string from 3 to 5, change redstone from 5 to 10

Redstone master - add a normal piston and redstone comparator.

Chicken kit - add a chicken hat to this kit, iron leggings and reduce the amount of eggs to 32.

Digger kit - Add 5 diamond ore, 8 iron ore and 5 coal ore. The kit already has an enchanted pickaxe and they’ll be able to get some gear/weaponry from mining the ores and smelting them.

Fisherman - Add unbreaking 3 and luck of the sea 3 to the rod and add a water bucket to the kit.

Builder kit - add a wooden sword.

Noobly - add some armour to this kit like leather chestplate and pants.

Scout - this kit is completely fine.

Lumberjack - Add efficiency 3 to the axe.

Archer - Adding a chain chestplate with projectile protection 2.

Pyromaniac - Adding a fire resistance potion of 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Joker - Changing 3 tnt to 8 tnt and adding a redstone block and 3 wooden pressure plates.

Spiderman kit - Add a 1:30 long jump boost potion.
I do like the changes seen in the kits, but if you haven't already check out the post of Snap about the kits. They seem well balanced and have lots of variation.

I do like the changes seen in the kits, but if you haven't already check out the post of Snap about the kits. They seem well balanced and have lots of variation.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/s...heres-a-controversial-one.191724/#post-849672
The only thing I'd like to mention is to not have secundairy kits. Just 1 kit should be more then enough to prevent overpowered kits once again.
Tip: Please do not reply with a 1000 word essay, keep it brief and to the point.
*puts it in word and sees it's only 999 words* WHOOP

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
  1. Completely revamp loot tables. You can easily get full diamond in Normal. It should work like:
  2. 40% leather armor
  • 30% chain armor / gold armor
  • 20% Iron armor
  • 10% diamond armor
  • Chances for better armor are higher at mid.
I actually like the fact that after a while everyone has full diamond armor, making fights in the late game more balanced. With a lower chance of getting diamond armor, winning a game would depend more on getting lucky with your chests. The variation of armor in survival games can be interesting sometimes, but I prefer how it is in skywars. It's not fun to go into a fight when one side has no chance from the beginning because they have a chain chestplate while the opponent has a diamond one.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Kit balancing because swordsman and iron golem currently dominate skywars.

No kits or abilities section removed as I never play on it and don't really like it.

World events: I like both of them, especially the glowing one because it means if people are hiding, people can find them. I like chest refills because often I get hardly any stuff and wish the chests would refill.

Those are my votes :P

StanEXE

Jun 18, 2016
Maybe world events as a vote option?
Some world events could be:
1. Chest refill
2. World crumble
3. Players glow effect
4. Lava falling out of the sky
5. Items falling out of the sky

JustxEsmee

Feb 2, 2016
The Netherlands
Noo, iron golem and the swordsman kit are the only kits I use with solo skywars, so I would not like it if the kits change a bit :x Anyways, I like the thing with refilling chest or that players are going to glow up. Also the idea of removing no kits and abilities doesn't sound nice to me :c Without kits and abilities it can be more challanging and I like to play that once in a while.
I don't think new vote options are needed. It would be a -1 from me if the new vote options would be half health, double health. Because nonono, that will ruin the game sooo much. About the other things I don't really mind if it's going to be removed or whateverr.

Javima1

Jun 6, 2017
Spain/España
I think that removing the kits and the abilities does not make sense since there is a modality called "No kits and No abilities"

D

Deleted member 204478

It's really nice how the staff team ask the community what they want in the next updates now. This is awesome! :)

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I'd like to see more map specific items, I think they are fun and a good little addition but I think they shouldn't be completely game changing for example items having knockback. I see the football on the sports map and you can't have a good game playing against someone with it because they are just spam clicking to get the first hit and you always end up off the island.

New kits would be awesome :p Not just kits that are thrown in to say they are there though. Kits that are usable and give enough of an impression that people might want to pick them. I see a lot of people just using either swordsman or iron golem and they need to have something that are able to keep up with them. I don't have any ideas for them at the moment but I'll try to see if I can think of some.

I love the idea of world events, chest refills are always good. Glowing players is a good idea too but in a comment I've seen they have mentioned people who have made traps won't be able to hide. To get around this you could put milk out in chests that when drink gets rid of the effect for a certain amount of time. I don't know how well that would work but it could be worth looking at. Another could be that the spawn islands start to slowly crumble away and this would force players to go fight at centre or the filling islands.

Lastly I said this in another thread but it would be cool to see, I guess you could call them vertical maps. There would be different island levels so the spawn islands could be a lot higher than the centre an in between there are lots of filler islands that you use to get down. Or you could have a map that has like a circular waterfall in the middle that you can jump in to get to the centre quickly and there are tunnels or some kind of steps to get back up to centre. I could make a thread explaining what I mean :3 or post here again with examples

Edit:
Tip: Please do not reply with a 1000 word essay, keep it brief and to the point.

Ohhh .-. I missed this

The NightGhost02

Feb 26, 2017
For a graveyard in Sweden
www.cubecraft.net
* I would love more kits because u bored after a while on the kits that already exist.;)
* I also want the kits to be more balance so u dont have op kits like iron golem
* More abilitys sould be nice too just to make its more special xD
( f i could vote for one more its sould be morvoting options so u have more thing to choose so every game be a small bit diffrent :))

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
You're gonne hate me for this, but idm

Keep in mind CE means Custom Enchant(s)

Alright,

As I said in a previous message.

Why shouldn't there be a Custom Enchants Skywars?
It's something totally new from existing gamemodes.

Currently I don't think there's any server that is actually using this.

Only down side is that CE could lag the server, however correctly coded it could make up for so much fun.

ENCHANTMENTS:
Sword
Bow
Armour

SWORD:
Sword enchants would range from positive to negitive effects, some could give the enemy player a wither, poisen, or instant damage effect.
It could also give positive effects on you, such as a well known CE called "Life Steal". This basically takes 1 heart from the other that you gave as damage, and will heal you with a heart.
Of course these are just examples, I (somewhere deep) believe that you guys can come up with CE names/effects yourself.

BOW:
The bow enchants could range from doing more damage, to giving a insane amount of KB.
Things called as "Armour Piercing" would be a name to do more damage as it goes "thru the armour"
The KB one of course, there is punch. However this is only a example of what could be done, and like CE everything in your crazy mind is possible.
Coming back on the KB CE, it could be coded where:
1. Certain % of having the CE on a bow
2. Certain % of getting it in a chest
3. Certain % that the KB would work, obviously it can't work every shot as some could bow spam and it'd be too overpowered, it'd just be a chance of giving the insane KB.

ARMOUR:
Armour is probably the once that you can do the most with
As it can range from protecting, to attacking etc.
PROTECTING:
Chance of countering poisen/wither from sword enchants
Chance of giving more hearts
ATTACKING:
Like the normal enchant thorns, some CE could have different uses.
"Cactus" CE would possibly give a enemy damage if they walk into you.

HOW DOES IT WORK?:
The CE Skywars would have a chance of having certain CE's on a item.
This all goes by % that it can be on the item, and a certain % that it is in a chest.
It'll take lots of testing to make sure nothing is too overpowered, or too less in the game.

CAN I USE CE ON MY TEAM MATES IN TSW?:
Obviously you shouldn't if this gets implemented.
The reason why is to prevent trolling/team killing. And keeping that to a minimum.
This probably is quite hard to code but some way or another it could work.

BUT THERE IS 1.9?!!!!:
Yes, I know there is 1.9 with the arrows.
That makes me question how much should actually be done about bows, as you could get it from arrows.
I do play more on 1.8 and might has a lot more 1.8 thought in it than 1.9. But make the CE different that it'll actually have a use for 1.9 and this could turn out great.

I know it may not be fully on topic, just wanted to let know of my thoughts.
Let me know if you think a new type of Skywars should be added

Cheers

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
You're gonne hate me for this, but idm

Keep in mind CE means Custom Enchant(s)

Alright,

As I said in a previous message.

Why shouldn't there be a Custom Enchants Skywars?
It's something totally new from existing gamemodes.

Currently I don't think there's any server that is actually using this.

Only down side is that CE could lag the server, however correctly coded it could make up for so much fun.

ENCHANTMENTS:
Sword
Bow
Armour

SWORD:
Sword enchants would range from positive to negitive effects, some could give the enemy player a wither, poisen, or instant damage effect.
It could also give positive effects on you, such as a well known CE called "Life Steal". This basically takes 1 heart from the other that you gave as damage, and will heal you with a heart.
Of course these are just examples, I (somewhere deep) believe that you guys can come up with CE names/effects yourself.

BOW:
The bow enchants could range from doing more damage, to giving a insane amount of KB.
Things called as "Armour Piercing" would be a name to do more damage as it goes "thru the armour"
The KB one of course, there is punch. However this is only a example of what could be done, and like CE everything in your crazy mind is possible.
Coming back on the KB CE, it could be coded where:
1. Certain % of having the CE on a bow
2. Certain % of getting it in a chest
3. Certain % that the KB would work, obviously it can't work every shot as some could bow spam and it'd be too overpowered, it'd just be a chance of giving the insane KB.

ARMOUR:
Armour is probably the once that you can do the most with
As it can range from protecting, to attacking etc.
PROTECTING:
Chance of countering poisen/wither from sword enchants
Chance of giving more hearts
ATTACKING:
Like the normal enchant thorns, some CE could have different uses.
"Cactus" CE would possibly give a enemy damage if they walk into you.

HOW DOES IT WORK?:
The CE Skywars would have a chance of having certain CE's on a item.
This all goes by % that it can be on the item, and a certain % that it is in a chest.
It'll take lots of testing to make sure nothing is too overpowered, or too less in the game.

CAN I USE CE ON MY TEAM MATES IN TSW?:
Obviously you shouldn't if this gets implemented.
The reason why is to prevent trolling/team killing. And keeping that to a minimum.
This probably is quite hard to code but some way or another it could work.

BUT THERE IS 1.9?!!!!:
Yes, I know there is 1.9 with the arrows.
That makes me question how much should actually be done about bows, as you could get it from arrows.
I do play more on 1.8 and might has a lot more 1.8 thought in it than 1.9. But make the CE different that it'll actually have a use for 1.9 and this could turn out great.

I know it may not be fully on topic, just wanted to let know of my thoughts.
Let me know if you think a new type of Skywars should be added

Cheers
That's too much fun for my taste, I don't even like the custom mechanics in SG. I just want to play minecraft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'd be ok with it if it only happened in op mode, that might even get better by that.

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com
Hello SkyWars fanatics!

We know everyone wants the chests balanced, so please do not say this, it's a very well known issue, very well known, any posts related to this will be removed.

Any map related feedback please use this forum thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skywars-maps-give-us-feedback.189833/

There is a lot we would love to add and tweak to SkyWars. We want you, CubeCrafters to tell us what you specifically want! I've made a poll of suggestions that I've seen been made in the past. Write what you would like to see or if you have a kit suggestion post it here, repost a thread/post you have previously made, everyone get involved and help us make it great.

Honestly, the 'No kits & abilities' is something I would want to KEEP because the original version of SkyWars is just more legitimate and makes the playing field more level for those who are not easily great with fighting donors with better kits or abilities.

It's just a fun place to visit when you are feeling like you're too far into the new and want to go back into some old.

#keepnokits

Reactions: MagnificentSpam
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom