Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you want to see in the next SkyWars update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
- I only want two kits balanced. One of them being Swordsman and the other one being Iron Golem. Kits shouldn't give you such a big advantage when playing. Because of them players refrain from using other kits. This isn't fun anymore. Iron Golem is extremely OP in Basic because players are not able to loot iron armor from chests. Swordsman is also powerful in Basic and Normal. It gives the player a sword stronger than actual lootable weapons.

- I honestly LOVE what you guys did with the map Glass. It's fast paced, we have enough ground to PvP on and Mid isn't far away. 11/10. I would recommend anyone reading to play it! Definitely. I would enjoy if more maps like glass could be implemented and some maps *COUGH* Swords*COUGH* could even be revamped.

- Add a new Ability. Players will get regeneration after a kill. Simply to prevent cleaners. Beginning amount could be Regeneration 1 for 4 seconds.
I simply chose Regeneration because Saturation now goes faster. So players aren't that OP ;^)

- Chests refill doesn't sound bad.

Reactions: skifby

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
World event after 10/15 mins: Chests refill over time or people will have glowing effect
Chest refill sounds like an excuse to camp (the middle especially), so I'm against it. Glowing people could be nice though, as sometimes you find yourself without a player tracker.

New ability
As long as it isn't game breaking or to advantageous, I'm up for it. I play without abilities as I like it that way, ans I care much if one were added.

Remove map specific items
Here's the thing: Sometimes they're fun, but that's if you are in possession of one. Don't expect people to be nice and try to fight you without it, because usually they go for the cheap win.
If there are map specific items being given out, make it so that they're only found at the middle. That way you won't get rushed by a knock back 3 football, right @Lezappen ?

More map specific items
As long as they're balanced and not too OP, I'm okay with it.
As I said earlier, spawning them at the middle would be for the best. Adding onto that, try to keep them balanced by the way the map is played. For instance, a knockback 2 item wouldn't fit in a map like Trees, as they'd be one hit from death. A knock back weapon wouldn't really work out on Rainbow (solo), as there's little to no space to fight anyways. Keep it balanced with the way the map is built.

New voting options
What is there to add? I don't want a weather option, and I don't want you to be able to vote for an item specifically. That wouldn't fit skywars in my opinion, since there's already a massive variety in gear you can get.

More maps for bigger teams
Sure, people could like it, but I tend to prefer 2 player maps over anything else, as you won't be facing anything larger than a 2v1, unless there's someone to clean you up. I honestly prefer smaller maps, but that's just me.

More kits
Hear me out!
As long as these kits don't give you the ticket to win a fight, I'm okay with it.
Swordsman and Iron warrior are already OP enough, so don't add kits that can completely destroy someone with bad chest luck.|

'No kits or abilities' section removed
This section is probably the biggest waste of available servers, as there may only be a game or two running at once. Most of the time, you'd end up dying to bad chest loot anyways. Completely pointless.

Kits balancing
Have I been waiting for this the most...
In short: Yes. I don't want people to kill me when I get terrible loot from chests, JUST because they have a certain kit.
In long: Kits in skywars aren't like kits in Eggwars for instance. Kits are supposed to give you an edge over the opponent, and the skywars kits just completely slaughter your opponent because of its abilities. I mean, the swordsman sword is stronger than a diamond sword! Most of the time I have to craft my sword anyways, sometimes taking too long because of me not even having a good pick.
The kits are great and all, but they're too broken for what they actually do. Most of these kits would be balanced if every game were OP, as it wouldn't be your ticket to winning in that case yet still being useful.
Kits MUST NOT be the reason you win a fight, especially when the person is out-geared because of his bad chests.

For anyone that's going to reply and ask them to nerf Bomber and Redstone Master, consider giving it a chance.
These kits are (usually) used for trapping people, and it takes time & precision to do so. "balancing" these kits really isn't necessary, as they won't really give you the win in a fight unless you use it in a trap (which again, takes time. You can't just jump into a fight and *boom* they're dead)

Oh and another thing: Please balance chests too... If it's not their kit that kills me, it's the fact that my neighbors are both full diamond & I'm in leather boots with a wooden sword. The only way to kill them is by knocking them into the void, but I wouldn't get their gear from it.

That concludes what I think of the current skywars, and what should be changed.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Can we see kit balancing please? I want diversity, I don't want 90% of the lobby running either Tank or Swordsman, and the other 10% using the bow. Thanks c:

(P.S. Acropolis / Athens map please)

P.P.S. If "New ability" requires even a moderate amount of development time, please disregard. It's one ability, it probably won't be game-changing and I'd rather developers use their time more productively (Unless the new ability is really cool :o )

Reactions: Cynamooo

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
Kit balancing
Might want to remove the helmet from iron golem

World events
Chest refill, yes pls. Glowing effect: what about 1.8?

New voting option
For world events??

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for all the amazing feedback so far.
Some of our wonderful staff have suggested potential kit balancing options. What do you think of these?

Swordsman - Iron sword with sharp 1 or stone sword with sharp 2

Tank - Iron chestplate, chain leggings

Enchantment - less exp bottles (only 32) and less lapiz (only 16)

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helmet

Bomber - add golden boots with blast protection II and feather falling I, increase amount of TNT to 12 or 16, change string from 3 to 5, change redstone from 5 to 10

Redstone master - add a normal piston and redstone comparator.

Chicken kit - add a chicken hat to this kit, iron leggings and reduce the amount of eggs to 32.

Digger kit - Add 5 diamond ore, 8 iron ore and 5 coal ore. The kit already has an enchanted pickaxe and they’ll be able to get some gear/weaponry from mining the ores and smelting them.

Fisherman - Add unbreaking 3 and luck of the sea 3 to the rod and add a water bucket to the kit.

Builder kit - add a wooden sword.

Noobly - add some armour to this kit like leather chestplate and pants.

Scout - this kit is completely fine.

Lumberjack - Add efficiency 3 to the axe.

Archer - Adding a chain chestplate with projectile protection 2.

Pyromaniac - Adding a fire resistance potion of 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Joker - Changing 3 tnt to 8 tnt and adding a redstone block and 3 wooden pressure plates.

Spiderman kit - Add a 1:30 long jump boost potion.

ForGiveMe

Feb 22, 2015
Sittard (Limburg) Netherlands
Skywars is really my favorite game,
I play it very often with my friends who I got to know on cubecraft.
I really like this game.
Only add more 1.9 items (elytra, enchantments) to play the game it makes it even more fun for each player, and add more fun kits.

ABILITIE: mine iron, gold and changed it to ingot

Sorry for my bad English xD

~Greeting ForGiveMe

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Some of our wonderful staff have suggested potential kit balancing options. What do you think of these?

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helmet

Bomber - add golden boots with blast protection II and feather falling I, increase amount of TNT to 12 or 16, change string from 3 to 5, change redstone from 5 to 10

Chicken kit - add a chicken hat to this kit, iron leggings and reduce the amount of eggs to 32.

Digger kit - Add 5 diamond ore, 8 iron ore and 5 coal ore. The kit already has an enchanted pickaxe and they’ll be able to get some gear/weaponry from mining the ores and smelting them.

Fisherman - Add unbreaking 3 and luck of the sea 3 to the rod and add a water bucket to the kit.

Joker - Changing 3 tnt to 8 tnt and adding a redstone block and 3 wooden pressure plates.

I like what you did to Spiderman, Joker, pyromaniac, and digger kit. These kits will now be more useful and interesting.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Sorry, but both are still too overpowered! It may sound good in 1.9 up. But it actually isn't.
Sharpness 1 Iron Swords would give you a 7 Damage weapon. It's the same as a lootable sword making them practically useless.
A Sharpness 2 Stone gives the player a 6,5 Damage weapon. That would be the best option, but in 1.8 it would give the player an 7,5 damage weapon. So that still wouldn't nerf the kit.

I suggest making it an Sharpness 1 Stone Sword. That will give 1.9 players a 6 damage weapon and 1.8 players a 6,25 damage weapon. A normal Diamond sword has a damage value of 7, that isn't much of a difference.
Wonderful.
Yes!
These are wonderful for trolling.
Still pretty useless as Fishing rods don't do any damage at all. And some maps don't even have water to fish on.
Maybe a 1.8 exclusive? Or coding a plugin to add damage to fishing rods in 1.9?
Sounds awesome.
Interesting idea. I like it.
#BuilderForNextRushingKit!

Reactions: diogo

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown

I tried to shorten it to make it less than 1000 words :p

But your writing is pretty casual and smooth, so I doubt anyone will really have a hard time going through it.

After all, you can't just nerf these kits, because too many people use them; you'll have to refund everybody. Here's what I propose happen instead:

Suggestion: Primary and Secondary kits
Allow players to select two kits per game, one from the 'Primary' and one from the 'Secondary' category. The categories will contain the following kits:

Primary
-Swordsman
-Tank
-Archer
-Scout (Renamed Mystic)
-Woodcutter

Secondary
-Pyromaniac
-Farmer
-Diglett
-Enchanter
-Strategist
-Aphrodite
-Diverse quiver
-Blacksmith
-Resourceful
-Superhero
-Rejuvenation
-Defender

Using this system, you give everybody a powerful kit off the start...

This system will benefit new players. This is because as a new player, you have no kits. Do you really think it's fair to give them nothing...

The secondary kits add diversity...

So, the kits - what are they?

Primary

Swordsman - Unchanged
Tank - Unchanged
-Archer - Buffed - Now has sixteen arrows
-Mystic - Has two Speed II splash potions (1:30) , a Poison I potion (0:15), and a Strength I potion (2:00)
-Woodcutter - Has an iron axe. Fundamentally weaker than the Swordsman, but has an added purpose

Secondary
Pyromaniac - Nerfed - Has a lava bucket (500 points)
Farmer - Has three cow spawn eggs, eight chicken eggs (thrown), and four bread (Free)
Diglett - Has an iron pickaxe, feel free to change its name :< (500 points)
Enchanter - Has an enchanting table, 32 bottles o' enchanting, and 3 lapis lazuli (500 points)
Strategist - Has thirty-two sandstone blocks (500 points)
Aphrodite - Has a golden apple (500 points)
Diverse quiver - Has three arrows of poison (0:11), one arrow of harming I, and four arrows of weakness (0:30) (500 points)
Blacksmith - Unchanged (500 points)
Resourceful - Has seven iron ore, one diamond ore, six wooden planks, and one coal ore (500 points)
Superhero - Maxes out a random ability (Disabled when abilities are unavailable) (Free)
Rejuvenation - One Regeneration potion II (500 points)
Defender - A carrot with Knockback I (500 points)
Aegis - A shield with a green border, and a skull in the center (500 points)
Reroll - An extra chest with even more loot inside! (500 points)
Oceanic - A cute little water bucket c: (Free)

As you can see, there are multiple combinations, each being able to benefit its user...

Below are the advantages and disadvantages.

Archer and Diverse quiver
Pros - Very large quiver, can use weakness potions to approach with a sword, and can poison opponents to prevent regeneration
Cons - You're sacrificing a very powerful sword, a whole set of armour, a strength potion, blocks, extra health, etc.

Swordsman and Pyromaniac
Pros - Can annihilate players quickly. Can use the lava bucket to counteract heavily armed players
Cons - Without spawning in with any armour, you're going to be bullied by those archers, who will be wanting your sword.

Mystic and Diglett
Pros - Once you've made as much as a stone sword, your strength potion will chew through people. Speed also allows you to approach, escape and strafe easily, but may be counter-intuitive. Poison allows you to assure a kill on already weak players
Cons - No armour, no blocks, and once those potions are gone, you have no aspect left of your kit to work with

Tank and Superhero
Pros - If you're a noob, then Superhero is for you! It's free, meaning that one game you could be almost immune to fall damage, and the next game, you might have a huge chance of receiving double drops.
Cons - No weapon, and cannot craft a weapon that will out-DPS the Swordsman kit. Your ability roll may also be unfortunate (i.e. Adrenaline rush)

Woodcutter and Aphrodite
Pros - You have a powerful weapon, and a tool for wood. The apple will also give you an unexpected health boost before fights

Archer and Resourceful
Pros - large quiver of arrows. Nobody is coming near you until you've extracted everything from those ores. Use them to craft a sword and a few pieces of armour, and you're set.
Cons - Relies a lot on chest luck. Also, other archers could pick you off quickly if you aren't looking out for them

Swordsman and Aegis
Pros - Probably one of the smartest setups. You have no armour, but you're separated by islands. Your main threat is bows, so use the Aegis to not only protect yourself, but to waste other players' arrows
Cons - You're sacrificing very valuable secondaries, such as the Pyromaniac. Considering you spawn with no armour, that's risky

Woodcutter and Defender
Pros - Oh, that's a nice set of armour you have there. Oh, and you have a Sharpness II Iron sword too?
Cons - No armour, and the Defender can be unreliable. If the first strike fails, then you risk being predictable. Use this on small maps, or towards edges of islands

New vote option

Island degradation

Add an option to vote for island degradation. It'll be perfect for players who want a hasty game, or one without camping. In this mode, islands will begin to deteriorate after five minutes. To survive, you must rush to the middle. As you can imagine, bows are wonderful to use with Island degradation enabled x

Reactions: Sophie

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I'd much rather just have a stone sword with sharpness 1. It's still pretty balanced like that, and isn't as strong as a diamond sword.. (sharp 1 stone - 6 dmg, sharp 2 stone = 6.5 dmg, diamond sword = 7 dmg)

Invert the pieces. Iron leggings & Chain chestplate. That way it doesn't look overly protective. (Both provide the same amount of protection)

Sounds good to me!

Blacksmith - add exp bottles to this kit (32 as well) and replace the chainmail helmet with a diamond helme
Agreed.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
Overpowered for TNT boosting, but it's risky enough as it is with the current lag back bug thing that happens. (I'm sure you've heard of it)
Sounds good, but you may as well remove the hopper. It's pretty useless, unless you make a collection bay (which is usually never done since it eliminates the use of void traps)

What about adding dyed leather boots (white) that has feather falling? Sounds pretty logical to me!

Agreed again!

Is it possible to give this kit an effect that makes it more likely to give you treasure when fishing? These treasures could also be the map specific items, so you still have a chance to get them.

Nothing wrong with this!
But one thing: Can we just remove the hoe? it's useless...

+1

I'm running out of things to say when I agree...
"I like this change" I guess?

I doubt anyone will use it but I support it.

Wouldn't this be outclassed by the Bomber kit anyways? With the redstone from the bomber kit, you can make torches and ignite TNT like that.
I get that there's a damage pot and a wooden sword, but pretty much everyone will be able to avoid any lethal damage from the pot & almost everyone will at least have a weapon that's equal to the wooden sword.
+2

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Those op bows from fishing though :P anyway for maps without water you can usethe water bucket that comes in the kit which makes the kit actually pretty iseful just for that.
You'd just get raw fish. It's much more efficient to loot food from players or chests. While players playing 1.8 get a fishing rod.
Which does help when PvPing. The actual luck of getting a nice bow is still pretty low.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
This seems a little overpowered. Keep in mind there's an ability that allows you to receive double drops, it's not unlikely that players will end up with diamond boots and a diamond sword, and an iron chestplate with this setup. Perhaps reduce the iron to seven, and the diamonds to two? When considering the proposed nerfs to Tank and Swordsman, this kit would provide more than both of them combined :x

Reactions: diogo

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
This seems a little overpowered. Keep in mind there's an ability that allows you to receive double drops, it's not unlikely that players will end up with diamond boots and a diamond sword, and an iron chestplate with this setup. Perhaps reduce the iron to seven, and the diamonds to two? When considering the proposed nerfs to Tank and Swordsman, this kit would provide more than both of them combined :x
But then... what about those of us who don't use abilities?
Is it possible to give these ores a special feature where they aren't affected by the fortune ability? If so, that'd be the dream solution.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'd like the kits rebalanced, preferably with @Snap's suggestion.
What ever you do, do not remove the 'no kits or abilites section', that's the only one that's fair to players that are new to the server. I often play that mode when I just don't want all those abilities.
More maps would be nice, although I'd like some maps with larger islands and still relatively small team sizes. I really like School, but Pokemon, even though it has a similar layout, just isn't as fun to me, with teams too big.
I think map specific items are a decent Idea, but I really hate the knockback items. I think those should be replaced, I'd rather just have map specific blocks than that.
The glowing effect sounds good to me, but definitely shouldn't always happen after 10/15 minutes, but depend on the number of teams left. On some maps games can easily last longer even without players hiding.
I am not sure about the chest refill, it might work, but also encourage camping to wait for better gear ot generally disrupt the game flow. Maybe it would be nice to have as a test and then after a few weeks ask people if they want to keep it. Or a beta server for players with ranks (seriously, think of all the people buying ranks).

Edit:
One thing I forgot: FIX OP! Armor is way too strong compared to weapons. Op sg works great, but op sw is terrible.

PleaseReferToMyRealSelf

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2017
a Winter Kyberland.

I like all of these! especially the blacksmith and Joker upgrade.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Thanks for the follow ^^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Top Bottom