Votes: 49 84.5%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I realise everyone is making Forums post about this but I want to try to deliver the facts.

When Beta first arrived, it was popular but mainly "Tryhards" competing for the leaderboard. However, I only see around 30-40 players in Beta the last few months, mainly for 10v10 games. The Normal Eggwars (before the recent update) had 500+ players for Team. If people enjoyed and wanted to play the new Eggwars they would of, instead of 500 people playing the Normal Eggwars. This is a big statistic which obviously shows peoples enjoyment towards the gamemode.

Many people are just saying they don't like the change but are not producing the facts. I'm here to tell you what we don't like about this new update. We don't need these extras added to Eggwars like other Networks may have, we just enjoy the simplicity of games without things possible getting too complicated.

The Emerald Generator is too OP, games last very long in 1.9 PVP when Iron/Diamond armour is involved. As well as, health potions. 1.8 PVP it may be helpful since armour tends to break more easily. I cannot comment on Bedrock though, due to never playing it.

The auto-builds are also useless due to it taking just as much time for you to build normally.

The good things about the update is when it tells your team what level your generator is updated too, the auto-armour feature and the beautiful new maps added. Also, when it tells you how many Iron, Gold, Diamond you have for something in the shop.

Overall, this update just forces Skill to be dismissed and gives everyone an OP advantage to win and make games too long. Long games with OP armour and equipment isn't enjoyable, at all. We just enjoy simple games that doesn't force the whole game to become chaotic and confusing. If we wanted chaos we would go to Lucky Islands and vote Crazy Mode.

I do hope the old Eggwars returns, for now I don't think I will be playing much more of Egg Wars. Please just take into consideration the response from the community and the facts, as well as the statistics shown.

{Edited}

Last edited:

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
I agree, I prefer the old eggwars. The new one is too unblance imo for long games. Also, its similar to hypixle which I don't really care for now, but it needs to be more balanced and Cube based and not Hypixle based.

Reactions: Gemmmmie and henryk

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
The whole of Cube is based around 1.9 players
Cube is not based around 1.9 players. And shouldnt be, cubecraft is never gonna be a big server with only 1.9 hence why they return 1.8 and not only focus on 1.9. Not many people like 1.9 combat.

Reactions: henryk

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Cube is not based around 1.9 players. And shouldnt be, cubecraft is never gonna be a big server with only 1.9 hence why they return 1.8 and not only focus on 1.9. Not many people like 1.9 combat.
They have far more players on 1.9, majority of players that play on Cube prefer 1.9. (Java)

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
When Beta first arrived, it was popular but mainly "Tryhards" competing for the leaderboard
You say you want to deliver facts and this is the first thing you say?

Bedwars is only doing well here because of 1.8 PVP
Your second non-fact. Absolutely no one can prove this is the defining factor.

The whole of Cube is based around 1.9 players
The 1.9 Java network only has a few thousand players. Our Bedrock network has over 15,000 constant players. I know the situation is different because it's Bedrock but still, another non-fact.
Would like to remind you we also have a 1.8 Java server. It would have been very beneficial for your thread to get these people involved because you make it seem like the new mechanics only work in 1.8, again without any proof.

We just enjoy simple games
I'm wondering... When you say "we" who are you referring to? You seem to be speaking on behalf of the entire community throughout the entire thread. Did you really get that many others involved that share the exact same opinion as you, or did you just assume so?

I'm afraid to say but auto-bridging is useless, it's way too slow and you could just bridge normally in the same amount of time.
Then I do not understand the frustration many players clearly seem to have with it.

The Emerald Generator allows players to get very OP things too quickly causing games to last way too long
During staff testing, emerald generators were located in the centre of the map, alongside the emerald shop. The items sold there gave a small advantage but weren't overkill. It was very balanced. Or did that completely change?

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
You say you want to deliver facts and this is the first thing you say?

Your second non-fact. Absolutely no one can prove this is the defining factor.

The 1.9 Java network only has a few thousand players. Our Bedrock network has over 15,000 constant players. I know the situation is different because it's Bedrock but still, another non-fact.
Would like to remind you we also have a 1.8 Java server. It would have been very beneficial for your thread to get these people involved because you make it seem like the new mechanics only work in 1.8, again without any proof.

I'm wondering... When you say "we" who are you referring to? You seem to be speaking on behalf of the entire community throughout the entire thread. Did you really get that many others involved that share the exact same opinion as you, or did you just assume so?

Then I do not understand the frustration many players clearly seem to have with it.

During staff testing, emerald generators were located in the centre of the map, alongside the emerald shop. The items sold there gave a small advantage but weren't overkill. It was very balanced. Or did that completely change?

1) I said, I was trying. However, it was mainly popular at the start due to players wanting to get onto the leaderboard. The recent months Beta only had 30-40 players at a time. I may sound harsh here, I apologise if I do, but it was obviously not a popular game due to the player count. If people enjoyed Beta they would of played it instead of Normal.

2) True, it is not a fact. I apologise for this.

3) I should of been more specific when writing this, but I was in a rush when typing it due to the time I had which is no excuse. However, I was mainly talking about Java to clarify.

4) I have seen the recent threads and on the Discord, as well as many of my friends. I decided to write to take the time and try to get our point across in a calm and clear way instead of just saying "it is bad".

5) Since the bridge is the same speed compared to normal bridging, why do we need it? Sorry if I sound harsh again, I do not mean it in that way.

6) The Emerald Generator isn't over kill but it just adds a lot more OP items into the game. I personally enjoy shorter games due to having a really bad concentration span. I feel this new type of Eggwars just makes the game a lot longer than it has to be due to adding the recent items which allow people to become more powerful. This may lead other teams needing to grind to try and beat the team that grinded from the start.

Here is a brief explanation of a idea that could be possible, I have added this to the thread that was realised on how to improve Eggwars. Basically, the maps that had an Emerald Generator before the update like Mushroom, Under The Sea etc, they had unique items once within the game itself. People did enjoy these maps and items since it was a different gameplay. Therefore, maybe change it so only certain maps have certain items. For example, the Duo map Storm will have ladders to help with the gameplay since of the high trees and buildings at the middle of the map. This can help people who need to chase the enemy team who run up the trees to regenerate from the fight. Also, you could add a Slowness or Weakness potion to this map due to the uneven terrain. It is just an idea, but it could work as a compromised.

Thank you for reading, if you do. Please leave your opinion again, I want to get an overall viewpoint of how Eggwars could change.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
It's not a bad update for EggWars, a few players like it and for the most people they hate it. I think we just can be used with it and everybody would be ok, I may see new tactics coming. I don't really like the Emerald Generators, wood and building options, but I think we just need to get used with it and I don't believe EggWars is going to die, it's the maingame of CubeCraft, I still see tryhards to farm wins. Even though, I still agree some people don't like the new update and for me means that 50/50 because I'd like the Normal EggWars more, I heard a lot of people they're gonna to quit Cube, but we'll see, I don't believe in them, I think everything should be fine and maybe some new updates, I said "yes" because I'd like the older version more.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Reesle wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on FxVoidz's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Eli
The forums feel so slow on Sundays
Top Bottom