Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
This was our April Fools joke, please stop messaging me about it!

Good morning all, as some of you late night owls might have noticed we have a little bit of downtime this morning. This was due to us switching over to the new network. Since I have joined CCG myself, Rubik and Halo have been working on a new way of hosting Minecraft and from today CCG is now using it. Rather than the traditional power hungry server software, Rubik has developed a new version (based on Bukkit) that allows for distributed processing over multiple cores and multiple machines. This means that as demand grows we can now just add more machines that increase the capacity of the network.

So what are we using, well for their size and power consumption we have chosen the Raspberry Pi. 3 Weeks ago we took delivery of 4,000 Raspberry Pis. This means that the network has capacity for around 4,500 people and we are going to be adding around 500 per week for the next 5 months. Funilly enough the main issue is that The Raspberry Pi Foundation (the people who make the Raspberry Pi) just can't keep up with our demand!

So what does this mean for you? Well our network is significantly more DDoS proofed as we're now on thousands of servers it will also mean less lagg and other issues as each player has pertty much their own CPU core and their own RAM.

We hope you like the new system and look forward to hearing your comments.

rack-with-pis.jpeg

Last edited:

Raindrop57

Mar 29, 2014
A Raincloud
Whoa, it takes ALL that to run a server!?

Good thing I didn't try making one myself. I'd have <1 FPS or tones of lagbacks XD

Anyway, yay, no more server lag! No more glitching from that! :D

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014
Whoa, it takes ALL that to run a server!?

Good thing I didn't try making one myself. I'd have <1 FPS or tones of lagbacks XD

Anyway, yay, no more server lag! No more glitching from that! :D
nuu, only a big server like this one. you only need 1 computer for simple servers. since this server consists of about 120 servers(i think thats the number) its way more room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom