Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Nov 24, 2013
Oi, raspberry pies are exspensive. Guys 4,000 pies is the exuvelant of thousands and thousands of dollars.

john

Nov 24, 2013
At 30 dollars a raspberry pie. And 4,000 of then we are talking $120000 USD. Please say 4,000 is a typo.

i am Splinfusion

Jan 21, 2014
Crazy land
200.gif

Marcassin5

This was our April Fools joke, please stop messaging me about it!

Good morning all, as some of you late night owls might have noticed we have a little bit of downtime this morning. This was due to us switching over to the new network. Since I have joined CCG myself, Rubik and Halo have been working on a new way of hosting Minecraft and from today CCG is now using it. Rather than the traditional power hungry server software, Rubik has developed a new version (based on Bukkit) that allows for distributed processing over multiple cores and multiple machines. This means that as demand grows we can now just add more machines that increase the capacity of the network.

So what are we using, well for their size and power consumption we have chosen the Raspberry Pi. 3 Weeks ago we took delivery of 4,000 Raspberry Pis. This means that the network has capacity for around 4,500 people and we are going to be adding around 500 per week for the next 5 months. Funilly enough the main issue is that The Raspberry Pi Foundation (the people who make the Raspberry Pi) just can't keep up with our demand!

So what does this mean for you? Well our network is significantly more DDoS proofed as we're now on thousands of servers it will also mean less lagg and other issues as each player has pertty much their own CPU core and their own RAM.

We hope you like the new system and look forward to hearing your comments.

View attachment 3896
That computer look like my Dads office -_-

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
Don't donate to the server or trust them!! I donated to lapis and I get banned!!!! They don't even give you the money back!! They don't even have proof and they don t give warnings!
Please stop saying that. You have said the same things multiple times on different threads O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Top Bottom