Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What solution do you think we should do? (Read thread to know what they are!)

• Solution 1

Votes: 283 56.8%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 70 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geodas11

Dec 1, 2019
Europe - Czechia
I voted for solution 2. I think that players should not know about others health. It is fair. Some people are not so good in Minecraft, and they are not assigned to damage indicator (because on other servers won´t be damage indicators). Some PRO players are able to fight and watch damage indicator while fighting. But some players (like me), won´t be able to concentrate to damage indicator while what some players will be able to do that (in fight). These indicators seem unfair to me. Players should not be able to see others health. On Bedrock edition there are no indicators, and everyone is happy. Playing in vanilla Minecraft is best on minigame servers, because everyone understand it! This all is MY OPINION!

Reactions: i28g and Gregeyy

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't really care what is done as long as it's not removed. Personally having it stay the same is fine, health mods are kind of like an easter egg to me because if you can find them, download them, and use them. Bam, they are yours to use, but only if you set out to go ahead and use them. I have never seen or experienced anything unfair about it in my many years using and having it used against me.

D

Deleted member 486250

Solution 1 + Solution 2

Disable damage indicators on the server but implement your own. Make it toggleable (should be on by default), if it’s on you can see the hearts of everyone and everyone can see yours, if it’s disable you can’t see the hearts of anyone and anyone can’t see yours. And because the damage indicators would be disabled on the server, it would not help you to have an active damage indicators mod.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
I would argue solution 2. I do think it is useful, but it is part of the game to roughly know your opponent's health. I also thing damage indicators could further increase cleaning which is a bad thing. I wouldn't mind solution 1 because at least it will be fair, but solution 2 is more desirable as it makes PvP more interesting

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Honestly having damage indicators for everyone would be the best in my opinion. People with damage indicators have such an advantage, and some people just like playing optifine or vanilla minecraft, without any damage indicator mods. I'm one of those people, but I'd love to have a damage indicator installed on the server permanently. This would make PvP so much more fun, and more fair. Solution 1 it is for me.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I think solution 1 is the best. Many players already use damage indicators, and i understand how they offer a big advantage. I would love to see them aviable to everyone. However, if this is implemented, please make the server size indicator toggleable, as some players would probably want to stick with the indicators they already have, like neat or labymod.

This is my take in the situation, and just wanna say im really happy to see staff finally looking to do something about the gap damage indicators have formed in the community.

Ps - please dont make them bannable, that would be very sad :(

Reactions: Gregeyy and wxzzrd

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I think there's a clear split between java and bedrock players. Java players want it implemented and bedrock players don't. I think the discussion about health indicators on bedrock should be held at a later date as there is little prevalence of them right now. This discussion should be focussed around Java because bedrock doesn't need a fix for what isn't broken but there doesn't seem to have been any distinction made.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I think there's a clear split between java and bedrock players. Java players want it implemented and bedrock players don't. I think the discussion about health indicators on bedrock should be held at a later date as there is little prevalence of them right now. This discussion should be focussed around Java because bedrock doesn't need a fix for what isn't broken but there doesn't seem to have been any distinction made.
I’m bedrock and I want it there I like it on other servers

Reactions: Gregeyy

Mats3209

Mar 25, 2017
I absolutely agree with Story and Sophie.
Health Indicators could be used to steal everyone's kills very easily. I consider it as a huge advantage because if it wasn't allowed on the server, I could have used a strategy where I would still fight with low health. But, since health indicators are allowed, it wouldn't work because people always know my health.
I don't use health indicators because I think it's too big of an advantage. If you spectate or play team games, or maybe FFA, you can even guess who's using health indicators or not. They most likely go for the weakest enemy.
It almost feels that I have to get health indicators to win more games/fights.
I also would understand that people could calculate the health of people in their head, but there are sometimes more people in fights at the same time, and you also have to concentrate on the PVP.
Shortly, option 2 would be the best I think!

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I voted for solution 2. I think that players should not know about others health. It is fair. Some people are not so good in Minecraft, and they are not assigned to damage indicator (because on other servers won´t be damage indicators). Some PRO players are able to fight and watch damage indicator while fighting. But some players (like me), won´t be able to concentrate to damage indicator while what some players will be able to do that (in fight). These indicators seem unfair to me. Players should not be able to see others health. On Bedrock edition there are no indicators, and everyone is happy. Playing in vanilla Minecraft is best on minigame servers, because everyone understand it! This all is MY OPINION!
I would say that learning to pay attention to a fight and to the damage indicator at the same time is a matter of skill. Just because your maybe not the best at doesnt mean its an unfair advantage.

Just to let you know, it took me weeks to learn to do this, and then when i switched which mod i was using, i had to learn it all over again. Because of my personal experiences with this, i think its a matter of skill.

Reactions: wxzzrd and Gregeyy

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
It's nice to see that the Damage Indicator thread(s) really went somewhere.

However I don't play with a health indicator myself and I've thought about solution 1 and 2, I personally think solution 1 is the best solution.

Lots of players want to play with a health indicator and making it available for everyone would stop the "unfair" advantages of others players being able to see your current health while you don't see theirs.

Solution 2 is also fine to me as I could understand that players want it to be removed because of the advantages it brings. Removing is also a very good solution.

I'm neutral but if I had to choose it would be solution 1

Last edited:

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the 2nd option the most... I think this option will add a bit more competitive decisionmaking to the game... Imagine you being on 3 hp, and your enemy on 1, but you don't know that... you have to decide to run, and try to heal, or take the risk hoping the enemy is lower HP!

But I didn't really like damage indicators in the first place, so maybe I shouldn't really give my opinion!
but yeah, I do think they either should be disabled, or everyone should get them, to prevent people from having advantages over others

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I decided to vote for solution 1. Here's why:
First of all, I've already made a thread on this topic, me defending the side of why the staff SHOULD implement a damage indicator for a few reasons. You can find that thread here.

Damage Indicators, or so I believe, allow the player to focus on other elements when in combat. If they see that their opponent takes a substantial amount of damage in comparison to what you presumed, they could continue to fight rather than retreat and ensure they don't die. This leaves games ending much quicker and would reduce the number of players camping since direct combat would be heavily encouraged now.

My thread goes into depth on the large portion of the CubeCraft community who uses a damage indicator; mainly LabyMod users. This damage indicator is the reason why many players use LabyMod. With these players now unable to report rule-breakers, that leaves a whole bunch of say teamers, trollers, and those who're bypassing the chat moderation and swearing/saying offensive remarks, unpunished. Also, keep in mind that a lot of players who use LabyMod are very active on the Java network. So if a bunch of active members are able to switch clients while still having the same perks they had before, but now they're able to use the reports website, more rule-breakers would be punished.

The issue of cleaning although would be more encouraged with the implementation of damage indicators still would be a problem if damage indicators were removed. Players could clearly tell when a player just got finished with a fight. All the damage indicator would do in this scenario would allow the player to calculate how many hits they would precisely need.

Overall, I think that it's a good idea to implement damage indicators into the game, as already, its a modification many players (myself included) are using; so why not directly support that as its not some crazy hack module giving players a substantial advantage over others? Players have the potential to use it to its fullest, or just completely ignore it. Here are some suggestions I'd like to address if you do decide to implement this into the game:

• Add a lot of customizability! - If you want this to replace mods such as LabyMod's damage indicator, Toro Health, and Neat, players would want a lot of customizability! Here are a few presets of the type of overhead tag that the player can choose to use:

1. Number - Displays the number of HP. (Appeals to LabyMod users)
1599144963976.png

2. Hearts - Displays all of the player's Hearts. (Appeals to LabyMod users)
1599145069483.png

3. Health Bar - Displays a Health Bar. (Appeals to Neat users)
Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 10.00.32 AM.png

4. Percentage - Displays the percentage of a player's HP. (Appeals to LabyMod users)
You know how this would look. (I couldn't find an image).

Overall, I think that solution 1 is the best option, as it would appeal to an unfathomably large amount of players, along with faster games being one of the repercussions of this solution. Although cleaning is an issue, I don't think it would change much if Damage indicators were implemented as players would only be able to prepare and analyze how many hits they need to take out the opponent. If damage indicators weren't a thing, the player would still be able to clean, just not to such a precise degree. I understand others have mixed feelings and different opinions about this topic, however, this is my opinion, and I hope it's taken into consideration.

Dreamspqce.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I don't like solution 1 because that would change your strategy. If you think you're low at 3 hearts and gapple, but see that the other player has 1.5 hearts, you would change your strategy to kill them first.

just be careful with whatever you do, or it might be like the eggwars update.

Last edited:
Reactions: i28g

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Hey CubeCrafters! Hope you've been having a good week so far 🙌

After some talking amongst the product team, we've recognised an issue that you may be aware of regarding the modification "Damage Indicators". In case you didn't know, damage indicators allows you to see your opponents & teammates health clientside. This is only seen by you, and not other players.

🤔 So, what's the problem?

The problem is that this is only clientside, so you are only able to see the players health. This helps you when you're wanting to play offensively, where you can attack when a player is low, but also defensively, where you can retreat when you're clearly going to lose a fight. This is unfair for players who are playing the game with no PvP modifications like LabyMod.

We need some solutions, and we think we've come up with a few, but before moving ahead with development, we need your help in deciding what to do!

🌟 Solution 1

Solution 1 would be us implementing damage indicators for the server for all PvP servers. This means for games like SkyWars, EggWars, Lucky Islands, FFA & Survival Games, every player will display their health on top of their head. This can also mean we can add other quality of life features, such as post-fight information as to what health the player had. This is all early brainstorming, so your help is really important here!
We feel like this is the decision that should be made - but as the change is small, it is equally as impactful for players using PvP modifications on our server, so this is why we're asking for opinions on this matter. This levels out the playing field as everyone can see everyone's health at any time.

🌟 Solution 2

Solution 2 would be us disabling damage indicators on our server. This is done on a lot of competitive PvP servers, where the server can essentially scramble the health of a player, so you can always see the player at full health from your damage indicators mod.

🌟 Solution 3

Solution 3 would be us basically leaving it the way it is right now. We do not want this to happen, realistically, but if there is an overwhelming majority, we'll consider it further.

Thank you everyone! We look forward to know your opinion on this matter. If you know of any other viable solution, feel free to let us know in the thread as well! 😇

Solution 1 would be a good option. The case of giving advantages to players who use other types of Mods that don't actually have a damage indicator would be a good thing to be implemented as the thread says implementing damage indicators for the server for all PvP servers. In my opinion, I agree with solution 1 therefore is the one I choose. In terms of totally disabling it, the usefulness of other players comes into play, which use this damage indicator to be able to know the health of others not only with bad intentions, but also for a fight between 2 players which can be used for a knowledge of how to win that duel.

Dec 10, 2019
If everyone could always see the health, then items like enchanted golden apples would be useless. They see you eat it and run away instantly, same for normal gaps. If they see you have more gapples they will only run and that would ruin the fun in fighting, especially in 1.8. So I think solution 2 is the best, to also prevent further discussion about it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
Top Bottom