Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What solution do you think we should do? (Read thread to know what they are!)

• Solution 1

Votes: 283 56.8%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 165 33.1%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 70 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Solution 3 everyone can install it for them selves right? it's their own choice that they don't use it. Everyone can install a client like labymod to get damage indicators.
Cubecraft doesn’t accept reports with LabyMod, so many people avoid it because of that. I think it saves people that prefer vanilla or Badlion Client or Lunar Client can have the option to toggle this on. Having one damage indicator that everyone has to use is better than a variety that are unfair.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
I voted for the option one.

The main problem of the health indicator is that not everyone has access to it. The increase of the cleaning is just a situational thing, as if someone has just been fighting, you know they aren't on full hp/food usage so you will clean him. Health indicator will just give you an advantage if you haven't seen the fight, but if you haven't seen the fight you probably haven't seen that person either so they have time to recover.

The main advantage of the health indicator is that during a tied fight, you know who is winning, so you can change from strafing to critting or from critting to strafing, which makes your opponent adapt and you may gain some advange.

I feel like fights will be much more interesting if both opponents have the health indicator, but making people use it isn't a solution either. There should be a way to disable the indicators on the player settings or a way to vote for it on the voting period of each game. Not everyone likes it, so not everyone must made use it.

Reactions: Gregeyy and wxzzrd

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
I don't really see a problem I mean yes it might be unfair for the people who are not using it.
But its free and ik basically takes 1min to install so I don't get the point of not doing it, also its a fun mod.
But I agree with the unfair PvP and it changes your playstyle.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I just wanted to mention that I'm really glad that this is finally being discussed as there are many different opinions regarding this topic.

I personally do like damage indicators and honestly, who wouldn't like being able to see their opponents health? The only real downside of DI is when others are not using it while being low and they are against someone who is using it, they are at a slight disadvantage and cleaning does happen because of it, which can obviously cause frustration for those that prefer playing without it.

That's why I think solution 1 would be best, it would make it more fair for everyone. Solution 2 would make the game more vanilla for those that do enjoy it but I'm sure a lot of players would be upset with this because (just by looking at the votes) most of them do prefer DI.

From reading the comments it seems that people like to be able to see the health of other players, but everyone agrees that all players should have an equal chance in a fight.

I would just like to clarify, with option 1, we will add a setting so that you can turn it off if you wish.

I just want to pose an alternative option, which addresses lots of concerns which has been bought up. What if we make it so that health indicators (both from the server, and from any client mods) are invisible by default, util you engage in combat. This means that if you're already fighting someone, you continue to see their health for 10 seconds, but if you are looking at them from a distance and determining if you should clean them, you can't see their health until you hit them. This means that engaging in combat remains a risk, but also encourages a player to finish killing the other player, rather than both people running away when both get low on health.
I really love rubik's response because this could prevent cleaning and like he mentioned, make it more of a risk you'd be willing to take.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
From reading the comments it seems that people like to be able to see the health of other players, but everyone agrees that all players should have an equal chance in a fight.

I would just like to clarify, with option 1, we will add a setting so that you can turn it off if you wish.

I just want to pose an alternative option, which addresses lots of concerns which has been bought up. What if we make it so that health indicators (both from the server, and from any client mods) are invisible by default, util you engage in combat. This means that if you're already fighting someone, you continue to see their health for 10 seconds, but if you are looking at them from a distance and determining if you should clean them, you can't see their health until you hit them. This means that engaging in combat remains a risk, but also encourages a player to finish killing the other player, rather than both people running away when both get low on health.
Yes sounds perfect

Emziever

Apr 24, 2020
Let's say we go with solution 2 and it gets disabled. Can't someone still enable their client-side health indicator and not suffer any consequences since Sentinel can't detect it? Or will Sentinel be able to detect? If it can then I'd go with Solution 2 otherwise this rule won't do much help because people can just use it whenever they want and disable it when sending a screenshot or recording.

Reactions: i28g

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com

This would be awesome! No cleaning 'problem' which most players will complain about if option 1 gets chosen. This would be the best solution in my opinion.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Let's say we go with solution 2 and it gets disabled. Can't someone still enable their client-side health indicator and not suffer any consequences since Sentinel can't detect it? Or will Sentinel be able to detect? If it can then I'd go with Solution 2 otherwise this rule won't do much help because people can just use it whenever they want and disable it when sending a screenshot or recording.
Its against the rules tho that's all they can do to allow less people to use it. But always people can still use it it's like minimap

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Its against the rules tho that's all they can do to allow less people to use it. But always people can still use it it's like minimap
Not really, if option 2 wins they disable it from the server. So no health indicator would work. Client-side health indicators won't work. So there's also no way this would be punishable since it's most likely impossible to bypass this or to get evidence of someone using it unless they report themselves.

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
If option 1 was added, Please make it possible to turn off health indicators, I have never used it and dont want to start. i find it makes pvp way more easier and honestly less fun. kinda takes the skill out of it when you know how much health your enemy has at all times. For me i really dont care if it gets added or removed. I just dont want to be forced to have to use it.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
If option 1 was added, Please make it possible to turn off health indicators, I have never used it and dont want to start. i find it makes pvp way more easier and honestly less fun. kinda takes the skill out of it when you know how much health your enemy has at all times. For me i really dont care if it gets added or removed. I just dont want to be forced to have to use it.
Please read before commenting as rubik cube said with solution 1 there will be a setting to turn it off

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom