• None (Please explain your answer)

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGamingWolf

Feb 6, 2016
in your closet
HELL NO THEY SHOULD MAKE MORE 1.8 GAMES NO MOVE TO THE CRAPPY 1 CPS 1.9 GAME CRAP.ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY SHOULD REMOVE 1.8 MUST HAVE LOST THEIR GOD DAMN MIND.
Wow, calm down. I think they should remove 1.8 because the rediculous amount of hackers. 1.8pvp attracts hackers. Even though cube bans a lot of hackers there still are a lot of them. And, there are enough 1.8 servers out there. And see what it does. Take hypixel for an example, to much hackers. I hate it there.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Wow, calm down. I think they should remove 1.8 because the rediculous amount of hackers. 1.8pvp attracts hackers. Even though cube bans a lot of hackers there still are a lot of them. And, there are enough 1.8 servers out there. And see what it does. Take hypixel for an example, to much hackers. I hate it there.
If they add more games to 1.8, they should improve the anti-cheat. As 1.8 would attract more players, lets be honest here, most people don't to do 1.9 combat.

Reactions: Lilleh__

BigGamingWolf

Feb 6, 2016
in your closet
If they add more games to 1.8, they should improve the anti-cheat. As 1.8 would attract more players, lets be honest here, most people don't to do 1.9 combat.
Yeah, most people just spam the heck out of you until you fall of of your island. Let's just let the mods decide. Upping sentinel can be good, but it will be pretty hard to still make him see the difference between a hacker and a god player. Another they they could add is a anti-cheat that can be triggered by players, as an extra help for sentinel.

Reactions: Luzario

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Yeah, most people just spam the heck out of you until you fall of of your island. Let's just let the mods decide. Upping sentinel can be good, but it will be pretty hard to still make him see the difference between a hacker and a god player. Another they they could add is a anti-cheat that can be triggered by players, as an extra help for sentinel.
Okay so I've been playing 1.8 Skywars the last few weeks and being honest here. I haven't seen a single hacker. I did get called one but I definitely haven't seen one. Mostly teamers and other kind of rule breakers but definitely no Hackers. I really think Sentinel is doing a good job.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
lol I was partly jk :P. I have never seen a 1.8 hacker on cubecraft only 1.9 hackers tbh. Even on hypixel hackers are rarer than you think. Its only like 1/3000 players.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
I agree with everything you said +1 hope devs or any staff can look into this

Sep 20, 2017
Hackers in 1.8 are much more obvious than in 1.9.
1.8:
Antikb is easy to see
Hit chains come WAY too easily for them
They kill you in about a second
Headsnap
Killaura

1.9:
Antikb is very hard to detect, as you do not deal very much kb with the hit speed
Hit chains
Damage
More than about 2 cps
etc. ( i have stuff to do rn)

ill edit this later

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hackers in 1.8 are much more obvious than in 1.9.
1.8:
Antikb is easy to see
Hit chains come WAY too easily for them
They kill you in about a second
Headsnap
Killaura

1.9:
Antikb is very hard to detect, as you do not deal very much kb with the hit speed
Hit chains
Damage
More than about 2 cps
etc. ( i have stuff to do rn)

ill edit this later
I have to disagree with you. In 1.9 you cant tell if someone using killaura because they could just have good timing. Also Anti kb is still very obvious. Hit chains dont mean someones hacking lmao. Not really lol. Head snaps are still a thing in 1.9 plus over 2 cps doesnt mean anything because a baby could do it.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Some ppl will never move past 1.8 bc of the 1.9 combat, even if the server they're on has s plugin to revert it.
Exactly. The 1.8 and 1.7 community will never go to 1.9 combat. If you do 1.9 combat for a few days you'll be at everyones level.
1.9 combat is all about timing and prediction. Nothing else (tell me if I'm wrong).

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Exactly. The 1.8 and 1.7 community will never go to 1.9 combat. If you do 1.9 combat for a few days you'll be at everyones level.
1.9 combat is all about timing and prediction. Nothing else (tell me if I'm wrong).
That's the only difference, except for being able to block arrows (also you can block with weapons other than swords thx to shields) and the lack of god apple crafting.

Reactions: Luzario
Sep 20, 2017
I have to disagree with you. In 1.9 you cant tell if someone using killaura because they could just have good timing. Also Anti kb is still very obvious. Hit chains dont mean someones hacking lmao. Not really lol. Head snaps are still a thing in 1.9 plus over 2 cps doesnt mean anything because a baby could do it.

Killaura is still obvious, as their head snaps around as soon as someone enters the attack radius of your player. Hit chains really are hard to come by. I get several hit chains, but, in 1.9, it really isn't that easy. What I mean in over 2 cps is that they are doing regular damage with over 2cps. Like 1.8 pvp in 1.9 but they are doing regular damage. [TBC]

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
(yes the title is clickbait)
Hi Cubecraft, just some constructive criticism about this """lovely""" server's 1.8 gamemodes.
So most of us already know that Cubecraft's 1.8 isn't really the most enjoyable 1.8 experience. You could even say: "It's crap." And since I haven't seen any threads talking about this issue, I'm going to do it myself.
Now Cubecraft, there are two ways to solve this problem. TWO SIMPLE WAYS.
  1. Remove 1.8 altogether. You guys will be able to focus more on the 1.9 PvP, possibly making Cubecraft the first and only competitive 1.9 PvP Server. Besides I'm pretty sure you guys claimed countless times that 1.8 wouldn't make a comeback. But then on the 10th of September 2016 we get this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-1-8.154588/ . Really disappointing. Make up your mind guys.
  2. Or we simply improve the Cubecraft 1.8 experience. I will throughout this thread not only show what is wrong with the 1.8 Cubecraft but also give possible solutions to improve the 1.8 experience. Possibly even increasing our player amount.
Now let me get started...

Skywars
So there isn't much to say about Cubecraft's Skywars. It's simply amazing! I love the bowspammers who stay at their spawning island with a stack of snowballs. Or even better the ones in OP with punch bows and the triple arrow ability maxed. SIMPLY SO MUCH FUN! EXTRAORDINARY. PERFECTION. I love this server... Not.

Okay so I'm just going to say this once.
Shields weren't invented in 1.8 so please, please, please make it so bows in Normal are only available at mid with half their durability. Also reduce the amount of arrows you can get. Skywars is supposed to be fast paced PvP combat not camping till someone leaves the game or jumps into the void out of boredom.

For OP: Also remove the amounts of arrows you get and PLEASE remove the durability of bows. Especially the punch one. Lets do 10. It's a great number. That way people will have to think before bow spamming with a punch one bows. I don't really care about the power bow. Also increase the rarity of the punch one, thank you very much.

Fixing the loot table wouldn't be too bad either. I'm sick off getting these kinds of loot (OP). It's really impossible to win, especially in 1.8, with this against a full diamond dude with 45 golden apples.
1pmwYS7.png

Also I would enjoy it very much if the Football in the map Sports was removed. I think this explains enough:
2017-09-27_15.22.28.png

PVP
So here comes the main reason why I created this thread. The 1.8 gamemodes in the 1.9 network are...
How do I say this. Not well thought. And what I mean by this is that the games in the 1.9 network with 1.8 combat weren't made for 1.8. It doesn't have that 1.8 feel, you know.
When making the 1.8 duels/ffa you guys didn't consider the changed knockback, regeneration, saturation and other aspects that do affect PvP. That's why I propose to move the 1.8 gamemodes in PvP to the 1.8 Network. PvP will be so much smoother and kits with fishing rods will finally work.

Here are some other advantages of adding PvP to the 1.8 Network:

Okay so look very closely at this picture. What do you see?
apLncll.png

I see that there's no such thing as Soup 1.8 or Overpowered 1.8 FFA. I'm pretty sure many people would love such modes (especially OP 1.8) and bringing them with 1.8 combat to the 1.8 network will definitely attract new players.
Not only that but it also means that 1.8 FFA will have no such things as wing maps! Only beloved ground maps.

Another thing that I'd like to mention is the No Debuff kit:
lbfAO6t.png

It can stay the same for 1.9 duels but for Classic/1.8 it really needs some change. First you can't drop items in duels, which isn't a big problem in most cases except for this one. It's really hard to stack empty bottles and remove them from your hotbar when you're in a fight. This is why I suggest changing them into splash potions of instant health instead.
Second, 1.9's Saturation is soooooo damn broken that you don't need the instant health bottles for this kit. You simply need to eat steak and you'll regen even more than by using the potions. That's one of the main reasons why I'd like this kit in 1.8 since the health/food mechanics there are different.

Also if you guys decide to bring Duels to the 1.8 network please add cooldowns to E-Pearls, k thx.

I didn't take my time to fully test all the kits. Simply played them once or twice. Most of them look pretty balanced for 1.8 Combat, which is why I only mentioned this kit.
------------------------
I didn't really write much since there isn't anything else to say. The 1.8 gamemodes aren't that bad. They just need some serious adjustments/improvements here and there.
I'd like to hear your opinion about this subject. Do you think the 1.8 gamemodes should be removed or improved instead? (also don't forget to vote in the poll above)

Well I'm going to do whatever I was doing.
Chalas...
I know im posting again on here, but this is seriously not that much of a rant! I hate how it is being called that, like please no? Its now a rant but it wasn't before, it doesn't have to be a rank. What players say about both sides is wrong. 1.9 pvp is for noobs/losers/scrubz...Wrong! 1.8 is just spam clicking and its easy... Wrong! The reason why I say it isn't easy is because there are many hackers, and there are also people who ave been 1.8 pvpers for a long time so they are very good. But most of them are on hypixel (hypixel is dumb, many people like it, but its so stupid) and not many are on cubecraft, but they are still there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Top Bottom