Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
(yes the title is clickbait)
Hi Cubecraft, just some constructive criticism about this """lovely""" server's 1.8 gamemodes.
So most of us already know that Cubecraft's 1.8 isn't really the most enjoyable 1.8 experience. You could even say: "It's crap." And since I haven't seen any threads talking about this issue, I'm going to do it myself.
Now Cubecraft, there are two ways to solve this problem. TWO SIMPLE WAYS.
  1. Remove 1.8 altogether. You guys will be able to focus more on the 1.9 PvP, possibly making Cubecraft the first and only competitive 1.9 PvP Server. Besides I'm pretty sure you guys claimed countless times that 1.8 wouldn't make a comeback. But then on the 10th of September 2016 we get this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-1-8.154588/ . Really disappointing. Make up your mind guys.
  2. Or we simply improve the Cubecraft 1.8 experience. I will throughout this thread not only show what is wrong with the 1.8 Cubecraft but also give possible solutions to improve the 1.8 experience. Possibly even increasing our player amount.
Now let me get started...

Skywars
So there isn't much to say about Cubecraft's Skywars. It's simply amazing! I love the bowspammers who stay at their spawning island with a stack of snowballs. Or even better the ones in OP with punch bows and the triple arrow ability maxed. SIMPLY SO MUCH FUN! EXTRAORDINARY. PERFECTION. I love this server... Not.

Okay so I'm just going to say this once.
Shields weren't invented in 1.8 so please, please, please make it so bows in Normal are only available at mid with half their durability. Also reduce the amount of arrows you can get. Skywars is supposed to be fast paced PvP combat not camping till someone leaves the game or jumps into the void out of boredom.

For OP: Also remove the amounts of arrows you get and PLEASE remove the durability of bows. Especially the punch one. Lets do 10. It's a great number. That way people will have to think before bow spamming with a punch one bows. I don't really care about the power bow. Also increase the rarity of the punch one, thank you very much.

Fixing the loot table wouldn't be too bad either. I'm sick off getting these kinds of loot (OP). It's really impossible to win, especially in 1.8, with this against a full diamond dude with 45 golden apples.
1pmwYS7.png

Also I would enjoy it very much if the Football in the map Sports was removed. I think this explains enough:
2017-09-27_15.22.28.png

PVP
So here comes the main reason why I created this thread. The 1.8 gamemodes in the 1.9 network are...
How do I say this. Not well thought. And what I mean by this is that the games in the 1.9 network with 1.8 combat weren't made for 1.8. It doesn't have that 1.8 feel, you know.
When making the 1.8 duels/ffa you guys didn't consider the changed knockback, regeneration, saturation and other aspects that do affect PvP. That's why I propose to move the 1.8 gamemodes in PvP to the 1.8 Network. PvP will be so much smoother and kits with fishing rods will finally work.

Here are some other advantages of adding PvP to the 1.8 Network:

Okay so look very closely at this picture. What do you see?
apLncll.png

I see that there's no such thing as Soup 1.8 or Overpowered 1.8 FFA. I'm pretty sure many people would love such modes (especially OP 1.8) and bringing them with 1.8 combat to the 1.8 network will definitely attract new players.
Not only that but it also means that 1.8 FFA will have no such things as wing maps! Only beloved ground maps.

Another thing that I'd like to mention is the No Debuff kit:
lbfAO6t.png

It can stay the same for 1.9 duels but for Classic/1.8 it really needs some change. First you can't drop items in duels, which isn't a big problem in most cases except for this one. It's really hard to stack empty bottles and remove them from your hotbar when you're in a fight. This is why I suggest changing them into splash potions of instant health instead.
Second, 1.9's Saturation is soooooo damn broken that you don't need the instant health bottles for this kit. You simply need to eat steak and you'll regen even more than by using the potions. That's one of the main reasons why I'd like this kit in 1.8 since the health/food mechanics there are different.

Also if you guys decide to bring Duels to the 1.8 network please add cooldowns to E-Pearls, k thx.

I didn't take my time to fully test all the kits. Simply played them once or twice. Most of them look pretty balanced for 1.8 Combat, which is why I only mentioned this kit.
------------------------
I didn't really write much since there isn't anything else to say. The 1.8 gamemodes aren't that bad. They just need some serious adjustments/improvements here and there.
I'd like to hear your opinion about this subject. Do you think the 1.8 gamemodes should be removed or improved instead? (also don't forget to vote in the poll above)

Well I'm going to do whatever I was doing.
Chalas...

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I agree cubecraft needs to make a decision, you cant please everyone, and eventually 1.8 will no longer be supported, theyve got to move forward, were also the only top server with 1.9 pvp the other 4 in the top 5 all have 1.8 pvp, sowe stand out, we need to keep moving and not look back

Reactions: Pandaa

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I agree cubecraft needs to make a decision, you cant please everyone, and eventually 1.8 will no longer be supported, theyve got to move forward, were also the only top server with 1.9 pvp the other 4 in the top 5 all have 1.8 pvp, sowe stand out, we need to keep moving and not look back
Could they at least improve the 1.8 combat on 1.9? Once that is fixed I don't care what happens to 1.8.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I totally agree with everything you said
Well, that's technically not possible.
  • Remove 1.8 altogether. You guys will be able to focus more on the 1.9 PvP, possibly making Cubecraft the first and only competitive 1.9 PvP Server. Besides I'm pretty sure you guys claimed countless times that 1.8 wouldn't make a comeback. But then on the 10th of September 2016 we get this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-1-8.154588/ . Really disappointing. Make up your mind guys.
  • Or we simply improve the Cubecraft 1.8 experience. I will throughout this thread not only show what is wrong with the 1.8 Cubecraft but also give possible solutions to improve the 1.8 experience. Possibly even increasing our player amount.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Well, that's technically not possible.
God people are calling me out left and right. Im must be off today :L. Anyways, I'll agree with the
Or we simply improve the Cubecraft 1.8 experience. I will throughout this thread not only show what is wrong with the 1.8 Cubecraft but also give possible solutions to improve the 1.8 experience. Possibly even increasing our player amount.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
You have put a lot of effort in this thread and detailed it nicely. I agree it is not the best and should be improved but if Cube was to remove 1.8 they would remove a lot of their player base so I will rather go for the improved option. Good suggestion, +1 from me, Good luck and have an amazing day :)

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
Why remove something instead of adding something?
Some people don't like 1.8. That's not an excuse for removing it. There's no real good reason to remove 1.8 besides server costs, but cost isn't an issue.
We would get practically nothing from removing 1.8 besides angry players, whereas fixing games would yield happy players.
Your choice.

Reactions: giesko

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
I would rather have Cubecraft spend more time on ONE version, than two.
how much time do you think they put into 1.8? its really not that much. those gamemodes (except eggwars) havent been updated in forever. besides, if players play the games, then that makes any work put in to it worth it. its really selfish to just remove a whole network because you don't like it.

D

Deleted member 169486

If they can, just incorporate 1.8 pvp into the 1.9+ versions. I play 1.8 FFA sometimes because it's easy to switch between that and 1.9 skywars, as where I would play 1.8 skywars if I didn't have to change versions every time.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
(yes the title is clickbait)
Hi Cubecraft, just some constructive criticism about this """lovely""" server's 1.8 gamemodes.
So most of us already know that Cubecraft's 1.8 isn't really the most enjoyable 1.8 experience. You could even say: "It's crap." And since I haven't seen any threads talking about this issue, I'm going to do it myself.
Now Cubecraft, there are two ways to solve this problem. TWO SIMPLE WAYS.
  1. Remove 1.8 altogether. You guys will be able to focus more on the 1.9 PvP, possibly making Cubecraft the first and only competitive 1.9 PvP Server. Besides I'm pretty sure you guys claimed countless times that 1.8 wouldn't make a comeback. But then on the 10th of September 2016 we get this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-1-8.154588/ . Really disappointing. Make up your mind guys.
  2. Or we simply improve the Cubecraft 1.8 experience. I will throughout this thread not only show what is wrong with the 1.8 Cubecraft but also give possible solutions to improve the 1.8 experience. Possibly even increasing our player amount.
Now let me get started...

Skywars
So there isn't much to say about Cubecraft's Skywars. It's simply amazing! I love the bowspammers who stay at their spawning island with a stack of snowballs. Or even better the ones in OP with punch bows and the triple arrow ability maxed. SIMPLY SO MUCH FUN! EXTRAORDINARY. PERFECTION. I love this server... Not.

Okay so I'm just going to say this once.
Shields weren't invented in 1.8 so please, please, please make it so bows in Normal are only available at mid with half their durability. Also reduce the amount of arrows you can get. Skywars is supposed to be fast paced PvP combat not camping till someone leaves the game or jumps into the void out of boredom.

For OP: Also remove the amounts of arrows you get and PLEASE remove the durability of bows. Especially the punch one. Lets do 10. It's a great number. That way people will have to think before bow spamming with a punch one bows. I don't really care about the power bow. Also increase the rarity of the punch one, thank you very much.

Fixing the loot table wouldn't be too bad either. I'm sick off getting these kinds of loot (OP). It's really impossible to win, especially in 1.8, with this against a full diamond dude with 45 golden apples.
1pmwYS7.png

Also I would enjoy it very much if the Football in the map Sports was removed. I think this explains enough:
2017-09-27_15.22.28.png

PVP
So here comes the main reason why I created this thread. The 1.8 gamemodes in the 1.9 network are...
How do I say this. Not well thought. And what I mean by this is that the games in the 1.9 network with 1.8 combat weren't made for 1.8. It doesn't have that 1.8 feel, you know.
When making the 1.8 duels/ffa you guys didn't consider the changed knockback, regeneration, saturation and other aspects that do affect PvP. That's why I propose to move the 1.8 gamemodes in PvP to the 1.8 Network. PvP will be so much smoother and kits with fishing rods will finally work.

Here are some other advantages of adding PvP to the 1.8 Network:

Okay so look very closely at this picture. What do you see?
apLncll.png

I see that there's no such thing as Soup 1.8 or Overpowered 1.8 FFA. I'm pretty sure many people would love such modes (especially OP 1.8) and bringing them with 1.8 combat to the 1.8 network will definitely attract new players.
Not only that but it also means that 1.8 FFA will have no such things as wing maps! Only beloved ground maps.

Another thing that I'd like to mention is the No Debuff kit:
lbfAO6t.png

It can stay the same for 1.9 duels but for Classic/1.8 it really needs some change. First you can't drop items in duels, which isn't a big problem in most cases except for this one. It's really hard to stack empty bottles and remove them from your hotbar when you're in a fight. This is why I suggest changing them into splash potions of instant health instead.
Second, 1.9's Saturation is soooooo damn broken that you don't need the instant health bottles for this kit. You simply need to eat steak and you'll regen even more than by using the potions. That's one of the main reasons why I'd like this kit in 1.8 since the health/food mechanics there are different.

Also if you guys decide to bring Duels to the 1.8 network please add cooldowns to E-Pearls, k thx.

I didn't take my time to fully test all the kits. Simply played them once or twice. Most of them look pretty balanced for 1.8 Combat, which is why I only mentioned this kit.
------------------------
I didn't really write much since there isn't anything else to say. The 1.8 gamemodes aren't that bad. They just need some serious adjustments/improvements here and there.
I'd like to hear your opinion about this subject. Do you think the 1.8 gamemodes should be removed or improved instead? (also don't forget to vote in the poll above)

Well I'm going to do whatever I was doing.
Chalas...
If what ur saying is true, then I agree completely even though I dont play 1.8

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Why remove something instead of adding something?
Some people don't like 1.8. That's not an excuse for removing it. There's no real good reason to remove 1.8 besides server costs, but cost isn't an issue.
We would get practically nothing from removing 1.8 besides angry players, whereas fixing games would yield happy players.
Your choice.
Really seems like you didn't read the thread properly.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Skywars is cool with the new voting options. Though I still think something should be done about PvP so bump!

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Imo all they need is to have all gamemodes on 1.8. Then I'll play both 1.8 and 1.9 (1.8 more though)
Also nice Leafy style title btw

Reactions: giesko

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Imo all they need is to have all gamemodes on 1.8.
That's..... Not how things work. You can't just simple copy and paste the files and call it a day.

Apart from that, I think this concept is really good, but what I definitely think that should be fixed before anything is to change the knockback on the 1.8 network. I don't understand why but if you hit your opponent once, much worse, twice, they're falling off the edge no doubt. If that gets fixed, I would love to see all the things you've mentioned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
Top Bottom