Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

faris27

Mar 11, 2022
The critical hit system

**Please before voting yes or no on this suggestion, read the post.**

The critical hit system was introduced to Cubecraft with the knockback update. Originally the new knockback update was not supposed to include critical hits, but after some discussion, players (including me at the time) wanted the critical hit system, in order to make pvp more skill based.
In order to achieve a critical hit, tou are supposed to jump in the air, and hit the player on your way down from your hit. This way, you have to time the hit properly.

The issue

Unfortunately, the critical hit system doesn’t work like originally planned. With every new update, Cubecraft’s critical hit system changes and makes getting critical hits different. Currently, critical hits don’t occur by landing a hit as you fall from your jump as intended. Instead, players have found ways to “abuse” critical hits, being able to land a crit every single hit. I’ve heard numerous ways of doing so, such as pressing space and crouch while in the air or in a trade, or completely letting go of every key while in a jump.

Now critical hits don’t work as intended, AND players have found new ways to abuse the broken system.

Why does this matter? Why don’t you just abuse crits too?

Abusing crits is - in a way - abusing a bug. It makes all other usual forms of pvp obsolete. You can outhit your opponent quite a bit, and possibly even have a significant amount of extra pvp skill. But if the opponent is crit abusing (and you aren’t or don’t know how), it doesn’t matter in the slightest how many more hits you get on them, you will lose.

Why remove critical hits then? Why not just fix them?

The issue is the staff has already fixed them in the past. At one point it was patched, only to have the 1.18 update release a few days later and instantly break it again. Every new update from Minecraft and perhaps even cubecraft has the potential to break it again. Unless Cubecraft is willing to try and fix the critical hit system every single new update, I don’t see it as being worth their time.

Wouldn’t a PvP system without critical hits be less skill based and bland?

I think that this question is up to each individual reader. But the second largest Bedrock server (Hive) doesn’t have a critical hit system, yet holds a much sweatier and larger PvP community that many people enjoy. Removing the broken critical hit system will make battles more fair, and skill based. A PvP experience SHOULD be based on who gets more hits, not who can abuse a broken system better.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I understand this topic will probably be quite heated, so please, try and keep an open mind.
I agree

Elixqrss

Jan 12, 2022
I think they should just fix it, as crits have been in the server since the server released.

It's not like changing a KB system and you still have a KB system.
It would be liek Removing KB and just keeping crits.

They should actually fix crits, unlike the KB and hiding the issue(cause it's still broken and inconsistent and broken)
but crits are NOT kb, your comparing crits to things that are absolutely necessary whereas crits are NOT necessary, they are a bug that people can easily abuse(and do). Ive gotten like 5 hit combos yet the other player still wins because they can crit abuse its just an. On platforms like controller and mobile learning to crit is quite a bit harder than learning to crit on pc making it an unfair system.

D

Deleted member 486292

for the record I am in favor of crits, but only if done in an intuitive way. if they are done like vanilla, where downward velocity registers a crit, then I'd like to see them in the game. I disagree with what other people are saying about how the absence of crits makes you focus more on movement, I feel like its quite the opposite. Its a tradeoff if you were to go for a traditional crit, you have to jump up in the air and give your opponent the low ground at the potential reward of doing an extra bit of damage.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
but crits are NOT kb, your comparing crits to things that are absolutely necessary whereas crits are NOT necessary, they are a bug that people can easily abuse(and do). Ive gotten like 5 hit combos yet the other player still wins because they can crit abuse its just an. On platforms like controller and mobile learning to crit is quite a bit harder than learning to crit on pc making it an unfair system.
How is it not necessary? Crits are a main feature in Minecraft PvP. They can turn fights around with a single hit. All players can land crits it’s not unfair. With the new broken KB system on cube crits put you at a disadvantage if used incorrectly as well.

Crits have been in the server since release. They are necessary to keep the server different from all the others.

Elixqrss

Jan 12, 2022
but crits are NOT kb, your comparing crits to things that are absolutely necessary whereas crits are NOT necessary, they are a bug that people can easily abuse(and do). Ive gotten like 5 hit combos yet the other player still wins because they can crit abuse its just an unfair mechanic. On platforms like controller and mobile learning to crit is quite a bit harder than learning to crit on pc making it an unfair system.

Elixqrss

Jan 12, 2022
How is it not necessary? Crits are a main feature in Minecraft PvP. They can turn fights around with a single hit. All players can land crits it’s not unfair. With the new broken KB system on cube crits put you at a disadvantage if used incorrectly as well.

Crits have been in the server since release. They are necessary to keep the server different from all the others.
What you just said, "they can turn fights around with a single hit" The thing is you could be getting a combo and still lose because the other person was able to crit abuse better than you.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
What you just said, "they can turn fights around with a single hit" The thing is you could be getting a combo and still lose because the other person was able to crit abuse better than you.
Traditional crits, stop looking at the pvp system when it's bugged.

The KB is bugged and there is many ways to abuse to KB to basically take antiKB, more than just 1 way.
The fact cubecraft never actually resolved the issues with the KB shows the incompetence in the dev team, and the lack of communication with the people that actually know the issues for the broken system.

The fact crits are even broken and/or abusable isn't because of the players, it's because of the staff team and their decisions to not fully fix things or to take a deep dive look in them.

Crits by themselves can turn fights if used correctly, sure they can be used if abused when there is a bug.
But if cubecraft actually fixes there server rather than partially masking the issue, there would be a lot less bugs.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello RelatedNoobs!

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have discussed your suggestion, and we're wondering if you could provide us with recreation steps? We'd like to figure out where the behavior is coming from and from there decide whether we want to tweak/fix the current critical hit system or remove it entirely. We would rather not look into removing it, since it is quite a fundamental part in our knockback system. If we find too many edge cases where the mentioned issue occurs in, we might end up with no choice, but to remove the critical hit system.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Hello RelatedNoobs!

We have discussed your suggestion, and we're wondering if you could provide us with recreation steps? We'd like to figure out where the behavior is coming from and from there decide whether we want to tweak/fix the current critical hit system or remove it entirely. We would rather not look into removing it, since it is quite a fundamental part in our knockback system. If we find too many edge cases where the mentioned issue occurs in, we might end up with no choice, but to remove the critical hit system.
For sure. I will get a video for you later today. Thanks.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Hello RelatedNoobs!

Hi,

Sorry, this took so long, I was away from home for most of the weekend. I have attached a video of me and a friend 1v1ing and explaining how the critical hits occur. Basically, just tap space and w or crouch after the first hit of a trade.

Video:

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Hello.

I understand this post is old, but it has well over 25 agrees, meaning it's forwarded, and I would like an update as to where this thread currently is in the "forwarded" stage.

First, I would like to mention that this is very much still an issue. Critical hits continue to be easily achieved using mechanics which should not trigger crits.

There is currently still a couple ways to reproduce the critical hit. This includes crouching during a trade, letting go of every key on your keyboard during a trade, and spamming "W" as fast as possible during a trade.

If a video to reproduce this is needed once again, I will provide one.

It would be much appreciated if a staff member or someone would inform me of the status regarding this suggestion. This was marked as forwarded before the removal of the tag. Thank you.

wqck

Sep 25, 2022
Pronouns
They/Them
The critical hit system

The critical hit system was introduced to Cubecraft with the knockback update. Originally the new knockback update was not supposed to include critical hits, but after some discussion, players (including me at the time) wanted the critical hit system, in order to make pvp more skill based.
In order to achieve a critical hit, tou are supposed to jump in the air, and hit the player on your way down from your hit. This way, you have to time the hit properly.

The issue

Unfortunately, the critical hit system doesn’t work like originally planned. With every new update, Cubecraft’s critical hit system changes and makes getting critical hits different. Currently, critical hits don’t occur by landing a hit as you fall from your jump as intended. Instead, players have found ways to “abuse” critical hits, being able to land a crit every single hit. I’ve heard numerous ways of doing so, such as pressing space and crouch while in the air or in a trade, or completely letting go of every key while in a jump.

Now critical hits don’t work as intended, AND players have found new ways to abuse the broken system.

Abusing crits is - in a way - abusing a bug. It makes all other usual forms of pvp obsolete. You can outhit your opponent quite a bit, and possibly even have a significant amount of extra pvp skill. But if the opponent is crit abusing (and you aren’t or don’t know how), it doesn’t matter in the slightest how many more hits you get on them, you will lose.

The issue is the staff has already fixed them in the past. At one point it was patched, only to have the 1.18 update release a few days later and instantly break it again. Every new update from Minecraft and perhaps even cubecraft has the potential to break it again. Unless Cubecraft is willing to try and fix the critical hit system every single new update, I don’t see it as being worth their time.

I think that this question is up to each individual reader. But the second largest Bedrock server (Hive) doesn’t have a critical hit system, yet holds a much sweatier and larger PvP community that many people enjoy. Removing the broken critical hit system will make battles more fair, and skill based. A PvP experience SHOULD be based on who gets more hits, not who can abuse a broken system better.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I understand this topic will probably be quite heated, so please, try and keep an open mind
The critical hit system

The issue

Thank you for taking the time to read. I understand this topic will probably be quite heated, so please, try and keep an open mind.
Agreed 100%

Reactions: ReZort

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
The critical hit system

The issue

It’s not getting forwarded lol

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello.

I understand this post is old, but it has well over 25 agrees, meaning it's forwarded, and I would like an update as to where this thread currently is in the "forwarded" stage.

First, I would like to mention that this is very much still an issue. Critical hits continue to be easily achieved using mechanics which should not trigger crits.

There is currently still a couple ways to reproduce the critical hit. This includes crouching during a trade, letting go of every key on your keyboard during a trade, and spamming "W" as fast as possible during a trade.

If a video to reproduce this is needed once again, I will provide one.

It would be much appreciated if a staff member or someone would inform me of the status regarding this suggestion. This was marked as forwarded before the removal of the tag. Thank you.
Fowarded is no longer a thing

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday Day 🍳
(too bad cake has eggs in its ingredients)
AnolTongi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Top Bottom