Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

qCooperr

May 24, 2021
I think cubecraft should actually fix issues rather than removing them or forgetting about them or pushing them off as "fixed" when they really aren't

- Like the eating glitch, thats not fixed after years (a simple minecraft update that adds new blocks isn't going to cause this issue to start occurring again)
Should we now remove eating in the game?

- Or the Crit/Damage being broken, it hasn't been consistent for a LONG time now, with even people talking about it BEFORE bedrock existed, in all honesty Bedrock is just a port of Java to Bedrock, all the bugs on java came to bedrock along with it.
Should now we remove Damage?

- Crits been broken before and then now
Should we now remove crits?

- Ghost blocks being called "fixed" multiple times despite them not being fixed
Should we now remove blocks from gamemodes?

- Shop/Menu issues that cause players to wait up to THIRTY SECONDS to open the menu (This got pushed as "fixed when it WAS NOT)
Should we now remove gamemodes and only have 1v1 or 2v2's on the server?

Plus cubecraft is already dry enough from the poor excuses of removing hit sounds, then the addition to the unoriginal KB system, How would it then stand out from Hive/Galaxite? It would be the same server with practically differently named gamemodes and better party systems.

Crits do change how people PvP, but cubecrafts poor decisions and poor excuses for those decisions are stupid, and they should admit to being wrong besides trying to make it seem like they are right all the time.

What do I say about this?

I say don't remove them, it's just like removing hitsounds.

The Cubecraft team was so lazy and untrained they removed hitsounds for a poor excuse of "It's more enjoyable for all players" (Which just isn't true in multiple ways)
As well as having hitsounds it gives both players the choice if they want hit sounds, or do not want hitsounds. Removing them entirely just rips the choice from the player entirely and forces to play with them removed

The same reason they would remove crits would be for either
A) "It's too hard to keep and maintain without the bugs"
or
B) "We don't want to ban players for abusing this bug so we decided to remove the feature"

Both would be outright lies, and just complete laziness.
You are making a server for 30,000+ people(at peaks) it should cause you to not work on something because "It's too hard"
To be fair removing critical hits would just make the pvp more enjoyable to play in general even though it may seem like a lazy fix atm it will pay off when after every update there isn't a new broken way to crit every hit

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Ghost blocks being called "fixed" multiple times despite them not being fixed
I feel like this issue would come from trying to fix critical hits. They may deem it as fixed, then players will just find a new way to abuse a bug within it.

To be quite honest, I don’t think there’s really any winning over critical hits. Cubecraft can feel free to try and fix it every single new update, but I find it more worth their time to work on something else rather than having to go back on the same bug every 2 months.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
To be fair removing critical hits would just make the pvp more enjoyable to play in general even though it may seem like a lazy fix atm it will pay off when after every update there isn't a new broken way to crit every hit
Removing crits is pointless and makes the overall uniqueness and enjoyability of the server less enjoyable.

Crits have been on the server for much longer then related stated "from the new KB update"

I have proof of them being in the server as early as April 1st 2020.

This isn't a "new feature" to be removed, this is a multi-years old feature that has been in the game SINCE RELEASE

• Agree
Reactions: Conea64 and xJupaa

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I feel like this issue would come from trying to fix critical hits. They may deem it as fixed, then players will just find a new way to abuse a bug within it.
The issue with Ghost Blocks wasn't that the staff team actually fixed them, but the staff team incorrectly marked it as "fixed" when it was nowhere near being fixed and untested
To be quite honest, I don’t think there’s really any winning over critical hits. Cubecraft can feel free to try and fix it every single new update, but I find it more worth their time to work on something else rather than having to go back on the same bug every 2 months.
A new update to Minecraft shouldn't affect the critical system.
It just doesn't make since, how does adding a new mob = different PvP structure.
Sure the mob has these unique abilities and damage outputs the game hasn't seen before, but it doesn't make sense how adding a mob would affect how a player takes damage from other players on a server.

It's just cubecraft never actually fixed a bug and made a new way to abuse it for players to find later down the road, like ghost blocks...

Now they are fixed cause big brain realjaycg actually took more than 2 seconds looking at ghost blocks than the entire staff and dev team did.

• Disagree
Reactions: Conea64 and byotec

Lavapossum

Feb 24, 2021
PST
The critical hit system

**Please before voting yes or no on this suggestion, read the post.**

The critical hit system was introduced to Cubecraft with the knockback update. Originally the new knockback update was not supposed to include critical hits, but after some discussion, players (including me at the time) wanted the critical hit system, in order to make pvp more skill based.
In order to achieve a critical hit, tou are supposed to jump in the air, and hit the player on your way down from your hit. This way, you have to time the hit properly.

The issue

Unfortunately, the critical hit system doesn’t work like originally planned. With every new update, Cubecraft’s critical hit system changes and makes getting critical hits different. Currently, critical hits don’t occur by landing a hit as you fall from your jump as intended. Instead, players have found ways to “abuse” critical hits, being able to land a crit every single hit. I’ve heard numerous ways of doing so, such as pressing space and crouch while in the air or in a trade, or completely letting go of every key while in a jump.

Now critical hits don’t work as intended, AND players have found new ways to abuse the broken system.

Why does this matter? Why don’t you just abuse crits too?

Abusing crits is - in a way - abusing a bug. It makes all other usual forms of pvp obsolete. You can outhit your opponent quite a bit, and possibly even have a significant amount of extra pvp skill. But if the opponent is crit abusing (and you aren’t or don’t know how), it doesn’t matter in the slightest how many more hits you get on them, you will lose.

Why remove critical hits then? Why not just fix them?

The issue is the staff has already fixed them in the past. At one point it was patched, only to have the 1.18 update release a few days later and instantly break it again. Every new update from Minecraft and perhaps even cubecraft has the potential to break it again. Unless Cubecraft is willing to try and fix the critical hit system every single new update, I don’t see it as being worth their time.

Wouldn’t a PvP system without critical hits be less skill based and bland?

I think that this question is up to each individual reader. But the second largest Bedrock server (Hive) doesn’t have a critical hit system, yet holds a much sweatier and larger PvP community that many people enjoy. Removing the broken critical hit system will make battles more fair, and skill based. A PvP experience SHOULD be based on who gets more hits, not who can abuse a broken system better.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I understand this topic will probably be quite heated, so please, try and keep an open mind.
This would be the best update ever. 😍

Reactions: xorg2907

Lavapossum

Feb 24, 2021
PST
I think cubecraft should actually fix issues rather than removing them or forgetting about them or pushing them off as "fixed" when they really aren't

- Like the eating glitch, thats not fixed after years (a simple minecraft update that adds new blocks isn't going to cause this issue to start occurring again)
Should we now remove eating in the game?

- Or the Crit/Damage being broken, it hasn't been consistent for a LONG time now, with even people talking about it BEFORE bedrock existed, in all honesty Bedrock is just a port of Java to Bedrock, all the bugs on java came to bedrock along with it.
Should now we remove Damage?

- Crits been broken before and then now
Should we now remove crits?

- Ghost blocks being called "fixed" multiple times despite them not being fixed
Should we now remove blocks from gamemodes?

- Shop/Menu issues that cause players to wait up to THIRTY SECONDS to open the menu (This got pushed as "fixed when it WAS NOT)
Should we now remove gamemodes and only have 1v1 or 2v2's on the server?

Plus cubecraft is already dry enough from the poor excuses of removing hit sounds, then the addition to the unoriginal KB system, How would it then stand out from Hive/Galaxite? It would be the same server with practically differently named gamemodes and better party systems.

Crits do change how people PvP, but cubecrafts poor decisions and poor excuses for those decisions are stupid, and they should admit to being wrong besides trying to make it seem like they are right all the time.

The Cubecraft team was so lazy and untrained they removed hitsounds for a poor excuse of "It's more enjoyable for all players" (Which just isn't true in multiple ways)
As well as having hitsounds it gives both players the choice if they want hit sounds, or do not want hitsounds. Removing them entirely just rips the choice from the player entirely and forces to play with them removed

or
B) "We don't want to ban players for abusing this bug so we decided to remove the feature"

You are making a server for 30,000+ people(at peaks) it should cause you to not work on something because "It's too hard"
The game modes are all different with different mechanics and goals, it won't make the server the same, crits are not fun and take away from the ability to combo, hive has a bigger competition scene for a reason- pvp Is skill based there. As for hit sounds I'm glad they are gone.

• Love
Reactions: xorg2907

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
The game modes are all different with different mechanics and goals, it won't make the server the same, crits are not fun and take away from the ability to combo, hive has a bigger competition scene for a reason- pvp Is skill based there. As for hit sounds I'm glad they are gone.
Crits don't remove any ability to combo, nor do they cancel a combo

PvP is not skill based on hive either, it's about who is the best cheater. Half the kids that are "sweats" on hive by definition are cheaters, not by server rules but by definition are.
And they would get banned on cubecraft

As for hit sounds you may be glad, but the majority really want them.
And why does it matter if they are removed? you always had the option to remove hit sounds yourself!

But yea there is no skill in abusing a bug, there is no skill in cheating.
Crits are a core feature on cubecraft and shouldn't be removed.

The KB should be reverted back to it's original state with the fixed crits(cause they literally work best with that type of pvp) with the bugs fixed rather than updated to the unique and boring KB that hits players higher to remove the fact the KB is still broken!

Cubecraft should fix issues rather than hiding them

Clip of crits of being in the game since early as April 1st 2020

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

The Cubecraft team was so lazy and untrained they removed hitsounds for a poor excuse of "It's more enjoyable for all players" (Which just isn't true in multiple ways) As well as having hitsounds it gives both players the choice if they want hit sounds, or do not want hitsounds. Removing them entirely just rips the choice from the player entirely and forces to play with them removed

or

You are making a server for 30,000+ people; it should cause you to not work on something because "It's too hard"
These aren't hitsounds. This topic has been a problem for a long time now, and it should be removed imo.

sajanator3

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2021
The critical hit system

The critical hit system was introduced to Cubecraft with the knockback update. Originally the new knockback update was not supposed to include critical hits, but after some discussion, players (including me at the time) wanted the critical hit system, in order to make pvp more skill based.
In order to achieve a critical hit, tou are supposed to jump in the air, and hit the player on your way down from your hit. This way, you have to time the hit properly.

The issue

Unfortunately, the critical hit system doesn’t work like originally planned. With every new update, Cubecraft’s critical hit system changes and makes getting critical hits different. Currently, critical hits don’t occur by landing a hit as you fall from your jump as intended. Instead, players have found ways to “abuse” critical hits, being able to land a crit every single hit. I’ve heard numerous ways of doing so, such as pressing space and crouch while in the air or in a trade, or completely letting go of every key while in a jump.

Now critical hits don’t work as intended, AND players have found new ways to abuse the broken system.

Abusing crits is - in a way - abusing a bug. It makes all other usual forms of pvp obsolete. You can outhit your opponent quite a bit, and possibly even have a significant amount of extra pvp skill. But if the opponent is crit abusing (and you aren’t or don’t know how), it doesn’t matter in the slightest how many more hits you get on them, you will lose.

The issue is the staff has already fixed them in the past. At one point it was patched, only to have the 1.18 update release a few days later and instantly break it again. Every new update from Minecraft and perhaps even cubecraft has the potential to break it again. Unless Cubecraft is willing to try and fix the critical hit system every single new update, I don’t see it as being worth their time.

I think that this question is up to each individual reader. But the second largest Bedrock server (Hive) doesn’t have a critical hit system, yet holds a much sweatier and larger PvP community that many people enjoy. Removing the broken critical hit system will make battles more fair, and skill based. A PvP experience SHOULD be based on who gets more hits, not who can abuse a broken system better.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I understand this topic will probably be quite heated, so please, try and keep an open mind.

I'd have to disagree, at the moment crits have worked the best way they have in a very long time

There is now a consistent way of doing crits.

And doing crits is skillful because the way it's done now, risks being comboed. So to crit in a way where you don't get comboed is actually very hard. So I wouldn't say it's unfair to lose while getting a combo on someone else. it's what makes cubecraft's PvP much more unique than any other server, it's kB and crit system. They go hand in hand, if you remove one part if will feel horribly wrong.

The argument for it being a bug makes no sense at all. Every server other than cubecraft that has crits works the same exact way. that being zeqa, vasar etc.

xorg2907

Jun 27, 2021
The critical hit system

The issue

I also think that the system should be fixed but personally removing such an important mechanic is not a good option. Also since I am a controller player abusing the system is not an option and makes it unfair for me to play with PC or other players that can

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
I would much prefer the devs to have a proper project that entails looking at the Crits system and working out why it's being broken of changed with new updates and try to formulate a solution for keeping it as it should be.. eg it might be that new updates can have some testing applied so that devs are alerted when crits don't work as they should. (that's a for example).

So yeah, I'd much rather take the advice of the actual devs than just say remove what has been an integral part of the game for a long time. If the devs come back and say "it's definitely not something we can keep working and it will continue to break on every update" then fine, both they may come back with.. "oh we can see why it broke, it won't anymore" or "yeah we can see why it broke we can put a long term fix in for it".

TLDR; I'd much rather Devs advise if it's possible to more permanently fix it rather than just remove it.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I would much prefer the devs to have a proper project that entails looking at the Crits system and working out why it's being broken of changed with new updates and try to formulate a solution for keeping it as it should be.. eg it might be that new updates can have some testing applied so that devs are alerted when crits don't work as they should. (that's a for example).

So yeah, I'd much rather take the advice of the actual devs than just say remove what has been an integral part of the game for a long time. If the devs come back and say "it's definitely not something we can keep working and it will continue to break on every update" then fine, both they may come back with.. "oh we can see why it broke, it won't anymore" or "yeah we can see why it broke we can put a long term fix in for it".

TLDR; I'd much rather Devs advise if it's possible to more permanently fix it rather than just remove it.
I think they should just fix it, as crits have been in the server since the server released.

It's not like changing a KB system and you still have a KB system.
It would be liek Removing KB and just keeping crits.

They should actually fix crits, unlike the KB and hiding the issue(cause it's still broken and inconsistent and broken)

Tiesonic

Feb 14, 2021
I agree with this. Crits are a big thing, and some people think of it as a skill, but the problem is it makes it highly unbalanced and unfair. The people who can use combo better should win, not the people who can abuse better
I agree with your entire paragraph. You read my mind

Tiesonic

Feb 14, 2021
I agree with your entire paragraph. You read my mind

The critical hit system

The issue

UndexdZombie

Novice Member
Nov 6, 2021
The Graveyard
youtube.com
The critical hit system

The issue

Tbh in my opinion crits (cause of controller) have been usless to me but having it skill based is something we defo need

Tiesonic

Feb 14, 2021
I think that the knockback is at its best it has ever been, but the critting system ruined it for me. Nowadays, people are practicing their crits. They like to call criting a skill which it's not you just abusing a bug. Your PVP, like comboing,w taping,s taping, and reducing, should be what decides a 1v1, not a silly mechanic like critting. Please don't get me wrong, critting should be part of cube. It just needs improvement. Thanks to relatednoob for bringing this to the moderator's attention. I was planning to quit cube, not going to lie just because of this criting system because it's boring and annoying to fight with and against.

vkaiiju

Oct 1, 2021
The critical hit system

The issue

i humbly agree with your statement

• Agree
Reactions: Patsman
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
Top Bottom