Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I can't be the only one that feels that the chat filter is a bit too strict. I understand swear words, however last time I checked Underscores are not allowed in chat... WTF? So the ultimate way to make someone not talk about you is to have an Underscore in your name.

One thing I find a bit ridiculous are the words hacks and noob being censored, let's say that someone is blatantly cheating in your game, they are bunnyhopping their *** off and you want your teammates to be warned and not blindly get shredded by them. (Think In a British accent xD) "Why gentlemen, there seems to be a hacker in our game. He is bunnyhopping to our egg." That would be censored, then the person who wrote that would think, hmm what is wrong about my message?
•Was it toxic?
No
•Did it contain swearing?
No
•Was it an insult
No
•Was it a death threat?
No
So what's wrong with it? Nothing, the problem arises when people assume hacks, it then is misleading the teammates and soon the whole game that a player is cheating. Chat filter are also useless, there are tons of ways to circumvent chat filters, here are a few Nqqb, Hqcker, trading U s for V s. The list goes on, I would rather not say bad words in a thread if you know what I mean. And so what if someone said Noob in a game in the most toxic of ways, "You're such a bad noob, actually delete Minecraft." Well... Saying the word "noob" is not a reportable offence -AnimalTamer1, A moderator. Well then may I ask why there is a chat filter for it? If circumventing it is not mutable even if there are 5 admins in your game, then what is my incentive to not circumvent this word, would a staff member really outright mute you if you say Hacker or an Underscore. Never. (Unless it's chat spam). So why am I restricted from saying it? Because it makes chat less toxic? People will always be able to circumvent chat filters, all they are are annoying.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
The word noob is a bannable offence.
You can say the word 'hacker', because it isn't annoying or something, most times I laugh if somebody calls me 'hacker'.
I don't think the filter is too strict.
If somebody is annoying you the whole time with words like 'ez', I think you will think: Maybe the filter isn't strict!
So, leave it how it is.
(BTW you can't say NOOB!)

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
The word noob is a bannable offence.
Saying the word noob is not actually a reportable offence, or a punishable one.
however last time I checked Underscores are not allowed in chat
If this is still not allowed, then it is to reduce people using them in order to bypass links in the chat. It reduces spam and also to reduce advertising, though I am not positive you can or can not say it in chat, as I never use an underscore.
One thing I find a bit ridiculous are the words hacks and noob being censored
As for the word "noob" it is in the filter to prevent people from spamming and also to reduce toxicity.
The word "hack" is not in the filter, as far as I know, anymore.
So what's wrong with it? Nothing, the problem arises when people assume hacks, it then is misleading the teammates and soon the whole game that a player is cheating. Chat filter are also useless, there are tons of ways to circumvent chat filters, here are a few Nqqb, Hqcker, trading U s for V s. The list goes on, I would rather not say bad words in a thread if you know what I mean. And so what if someone said Noob in a game in the most toxic of ways, "You're such a bad noob, actually delete Minecraft." Well... Saying the word "noob" is not a reportable offence -AnimalTamer1, A moderator. Well then may I ask why there is a chat filter for it? If circumventing it is not mutable even if there are 5 admins in your game, then what is my incentive to not circumvent this word, would a staff member really outright mute you if you say Hacker or an Underscore. Never. (Unless it's chat spam). So why am I restricted from saying it? Because it makes chat less toxic? People will always be able to circumvent chat filters, all they are are annoying
I am sorry you feel they are useless, but honestly they are very helpful to keeping chat clean. We are aware people can bypass it, but if they do, and are breaking a rule (like swearing), then we rely on people to report them. This allows us to be aware of these rule breakers and to punish them accordingly, which is typically a mute or warning for chat. I already spoke on the word "hacks" and the word "noob". I am sorry you find this annoying, but it is necessary for our server and does quite a bit more good then bad. Some words are not reportable, but are filtered to reduce spam and toxicity throughout our server.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Wait are you not allowed to say Hacks? Did they filter it again?
Like I understand if they filter noob. Some people may not like getting called a noob or they get salty/offended after it but the word Hacker?
I just tried in chat
UyxXEGC.png

ZsyByi5.png

Pretty sure it's not filtered. If you want to inform your team mates someone is using illegal modifications, go ahead.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Saying the word noob is not actually a reportable offence, or a punishable one.

If this is still not allowed, then it is to reduce people using them in order to bypass links in the chat. It reduces spam and also to reduce advertising, though I am not positive you can or can not say it in chat, as I never use an underscore.

As for the word "noob" it is in the filter to prevent people from spamming and also to reduce toxicity.
The word "hack" is not in the filter, as far as I know, anymore.

I am sorry you feel they are useless, but honestly they are very helpful to keeping chat clean. We are aware people can bypass it, but if they do, and are breaking a rule (like swearing), then we rely on people to report them. This allows us to be aware of these rule breakers and to punish them accordingly, which is typically a mute or warning for chat. I already spoke on the word "hacks" and the word "noob". I am sorry you find this annoying, but it is necessary for our server and does quite a bit more good then bad. Some words are not reportable, but are filtered to reduce spam and toxicity throughout our server.
Oh, I think I made a mistake!
I thought that the word noob was punishable!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
xHappyMood wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday eli
BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Top Bottom