Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

tant33

Mar 6, 2016
Hi Cubecraft

I really like it that cube lately added 2 new gamemodes (Blockwars and Colony Control), but I still think those were released to early.
For example Colony control: sometimes only 1 villager is spawned while the mine is already level 4, or you can buy an iron pickaxe for 30 gold while you already have 1 since the beginning of the game.

I am just wondering if there is a Beta-tester team? If not it would be cool to have people testing the new gamemodes before releasing them, once they think there aren't a lot of bugs anymore the game could be released.

Kind regards
tant33

tant33

Mar 6, 2016
True, but it would be cool to have an open beta for 1-2 days before it is released. You can get like 10K points/hour on this gamemode if you abuse it.

Reactions: wxzzrd

tant33

Mar 6, 2016
True, but it would be cool to have an open beta for 1-2 days before it is released. You can get like 10K points/hour on this gamemode if you abuse it.
I mean with this if there is a huge exploit it could ruin the game.

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I don't think Beta testing or testers are necessary in any gamemode. I understand that there are minor issues that occur, which could give a unfair advantage but most of these are reported and fixed pretty quickly. Everyone is still learning the gamemode as well, so it gives times for the Developers to fix these errors that occurred during the transfer or were perhaps overlooked.

If there was such a role with Beta testing, bugs could still occur at any point. In addition, if you start the game with no rewards, to prevent bug exploitation, the excitement wouldn't be as intense. Overall, bugs will always happen, just with new releases there will be a lot more obvious ones at first.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey tant33! Thanks for the suggestion! I saw a similar thread about this topic, wrote up a response that took an hour, then when I thought XenForo saved my draft, it didn't :sadcat:

In case you weren't aware, before a game is released, it goes through testing through the product team (which is myself and @Camezonda, but tends to involve more people than just Cam and I), then we move to testing with our entire staff team. Everyone is invited, and we try and make staff testing as open as possible so that even when we aren't there to control what's happening, they're still able to playtest for bugs & feedback.

However, even with extensive testing from our team, bugs will naturally slip under the cracks! After a game is released, we're aware that some bugs will come about with ranging severity. From games being a little bit laggy, to servers crashing, to little exploits, we tend to patch all of these when reported. To put in perspective, there have been 30 (documented & public) changes to Colony Control since release - all can be seen in our #changelog channel on our Discord! Kudos to @Palombo and @libraryaddict for getting these out so quickly! 💙

As for the idea itself, a beta testing team seems a bit redundant, considering we technically have a beta testing team already - our staff. Adding 20-30 members as designated beta testers won't make bugs appear or disappear unfortunately - although they may find more. 30 members versus 4000~ players at peak on Bedrock alone is basically what we're comparing to here, and likelihood is that these 4000 players may find more complex and game-changing bugs that would need to be fixed before others.

With this beta testing team, there is also a few legalities we'd need to arrange. Would these people need to sign an NDA? Probably. Would this mean an age limit, or would we require parental consent? Would that delay the process too much? How would we bring these people on? Is there an application process? How do we pick people? Would there need to be a trial? Who would deal with these? Who would be in charge of the beta testing team? Do they (both the person in charge, and the team itself) get rewarded? How would we deal with someone who is inactive?
We're essentially creating an entirely new division in Team CubeCraft, which requires a lot of work that may have limited effectiveness.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from with this! If you have any questions, let me know! 😄

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey! I'm curious, can you explain how someone can get 10000 points in 1 hour in Colony Control? :D

• Wow
Reactions: Inventor

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
Please don't revive threads older than 3 weeks (necro posting)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or another staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🧁
Reesle wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool buff frog! 🐸🎂✨
Reesle wrote on RAFIXD's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Top Bottom