Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
@EventHandler(s) are a good way to kill CubeCraft, since it will check the movement of the player and it's radious, all the time. Also, creating a lot of "countdowns" will create lag.

If there's other way +1

Last edited:

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
@EventHandler(s) are a goo way to kill CubeCraft, since it will check the movement of the player and it's radious, all the time. Also, creating a lot of "countdowns" will create lag.

If there's other way +1

I know this, but it will only go through the 5 steps if the first in successful. This way, we don't have to track everything. Yes - it will take some server power, but because the operation is relatively tiny, and cube uses different servers and cubecraft has a very big server with much power, it can handle it. Also, this doesn't have to be on all the time, only in skyward and or egg wars, and other games were you can easily team. :)

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
If there's another way like Hanger mentioned above me, I would also suggest to check if players share items since... Welp, teams does that.
About this...
How would the notifications look?
The notifications would, in my eyes, look like this:
http://imgur.com/a/eRGdb
A simple chat message with !!! alert !!! at the beginning,
A message saying teamers have been found,
The names of the player.

The playernames might also be in the color of their respective teams.
This is just horrible in my opinion. I don't like the looks and the idea. Why need to shout them out in public chat when people are going to eventually realize when they confront them + if the filter is working, why not just punish them instead of sending them a message? Reporting people teaming doesn't require a warning so why should the filter do it?

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
wut?

I know this, but it will only go through the 5 steps if the first in successful. This way, we don't have to track everything. Yes - it will take some server power, but because the operation is relatively tiny, and cube uses different servers and cubecraft has a very big server with much power, it can handle it. Also, this doesn't have to be on all the time, only in skyward and or egg wars, and other games were you can easily team. :)

A sexy skecth:

1. Event Handler with lowest priority (@EventHandler (EventPriority.LOWEST)
  2. public void Teaming(PlayerMoveEvent e)
  3. Check radious
  4. check if the player is not attacking (p.isAttacking(?)) {
  5. Check if there is any player
  6. Kick both players
  7. if not, return
(I'm too lazy to properly code it)

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
If there's another way like Hanger mentioned above me, I would also suggest to check if players share items since... Welp, teams does that.
About this...

This is just horrible in my opinion. I don't like the looks and the idea. Why need to shout them out in public chat when people are going to eventually realize when they confront them + if the filter is working, why not just punish them instead of sending them a message? Reporting people teaming doesn't require a warning so why should the filter do it?

It's not a public message, it's a private message to the reporters in the game.

Like I said - there's room for false positives, I'd rather have a human handle this than a robot ;)

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
wut?

A sexy skecth:

1. Event Handler with lowest priority (@EventHandler (EventPriority.LOWEST)
  2. public void Teaming(PlayerMoveEvent e)
  3. Check radious
  4. check if the player is not attacking (p.isAttacking(?)) {
  5. Check if there is any player
  6. Kick both players
  7. if not, return
(I'm too lazy to properly code it)

If it has the lowest priority, It wouldn't cause lag right? Because the important stuff will come first, but I might be wrong on that one.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
If it has the lowest priority, It wouldn't cause lag right? Because the important stuff will come first, but I might be wrong on that one.
Exactly, it will priorize other events, instead of "playing" two or more different events at the same time (all the events w/o EventPriority or which have LOW/HIGH/HIGHEST will come first).

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
Exactly, it will priorize other events, instead of "playing" two or more different events at the same time (all the events w/o EventPriority or which have LOW/HIGH/HIGHEST will come first).

So basically if the server is laggy, it won't check for the teamers?

I think this would be the ideal solution, as no one gets more lag, and it won't cause any diffrence. Remember - the filter is to help reporters catch teamers. If it gets so advanced it could handle with teamers itself, but there is a lot of room for false positives, like I said.

Reactions: DrHam

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
What happens when no one in that game signed up?

If the filter is advanced enough, it could handle it on its own, but the filter is really ment just to help the reporters find teamers. If there aren't any reporters in the game, there are 2 options:
1. The filter gets shut off to avoid lag. (on busy days)
2. The filter works on its own, if it's advanced enough.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
If the filter is advanced enough, it could handle it on its own, but the filter is really ment just to help the reporters find teamers. If there aren't any reporters in the game, there are 2 options:

I see, if its super "advanced" it might take a long time. Also what will players do if they see the teaming message but they didn't team?

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
I see, if its super "advanced" it might take a long time. Also what will players do if they see the teaming message but they didn't team?

Well... Only the reporters get to see the message, and it is up to them if they want to investigate the case further and report the players. The filter could also act as more evidence for/against the team.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Actually, CubeCraft is divided in servers for every game (and match), so it will only reduce its functionallity in big maps such as TeaParty (EggWars)

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
BungeeCord "links" different, small servers, CubeCraft also have very small server for all the matches. That's how networks work

(The picture name is spelled wrong)

Attachments

• Skecth.png
    Skecth.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 103
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

bye bye jujutsu kaisen hello one punch man
Eli
Alright, I have all the data for the forum statistics and curiosities thread, it took me multiple days to get it! The current program I'm using has a processing time of almost 23 hours! Had to use two computers to cut it down to 11.5 hours haha

1714578753386.png
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I go meow
Its was a long time didn't post here
But i reach to day a special nember of
1000048598.png
msg in the forums 888
Top Bottom