Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
I know it's very hard to code in a "team filter" - but I might have a solution...

First off - the idea.

The idea is that the filter detects when someone is teaming, and sends them a message that they are teaming OR sends a person that signed up as a 'reporter' a message so they can record and report them. I know this would be handy as I sometimes specifically go after teamers in solo sky/egg wars. (There are a lot there).

How it would work.

I know from experience that programming is hard. But I'm certain cubecraft has many talented people on board. I'll share my idea how the filter would work below:

First off, we need a way to check which people are possibly teaming, we can do this by checking for people that are not more than 8 blocks apart. (Just so that in skywars, you'll not get false-positives because people are on separate islands)

Then we need to know if they are really teaming, so there needs to be a check involved that will tell if they are attacking each other.

But what if they don't see each other?
Then we will need to check the Y-levels (to see if they are 5 blocks away from each other in Y-level) OR we could check if the player in question has looked at the hotbox of the other person in question multiple times, whilst they where in the 'hit-radius'. Of each other.

What if they are just in these criteria for less then a second?
They would need to have met these criteria a couple times. They should also not have been attacking each other with more than half a hart (so they don't just punch each other as a joke) for more than 30 seconds.

But what do we do with false-positives?
Ofcourse, sending a player a message to stop teaming is never fun if they are not teaming, and they will stop teaming if they see it so they won't get reported (you could see that as either good or bad, but they can continue teaming after that game, ofcourse). So that's why I suggest to let a person know that has access to the reports page, and that signed up to report players. Then, the person can validate if they are teaming and can then report them on the forums.

So in short, here is a step by step overview of the idea:
1. Check which players are in an 8 block radius from each other.
2. Check if they aren't attacking each other.
3. Check if they have seen each other whilst meeting the above mentioned criteria.
4. Check if they've done this multiple times in the game.
5. Send a message to the 'reporters'.

This way, we'll not handle everything by filters and get TONS of false positives, but we rather help the persons that are reporting others just to make it easier on them. The player can still evade the filter, but it would not be the only this to evade - it's just to notify the 'reporters' for possible teamers. It might be able to be outsmarted, but it would definitely help with reporting.

Think this will lag? We had a converation about it in the comments ;)

A sexy skecth:

1. Event Handler with lowest priority (@EventHandler (EventPriority.LOWEST)
  2. public void Teaming(PlayerMoveEvent e)
  3. Check radious
  4. check if the player is not attacking (p.isAttacking(?)) {
  5. Check if there is any player
  6. Kick both players
  7. if not, return
(I'm too lazy to properly code it)

If it has the lowest priority, It wouldn't cause lag right? Because the important stuff will come first, but I might be wrong on that one.

Exactly, it will priorize other events, instead of "playing" two or more different events at the same time (all the events w/o EventPriority or which have LOW/HIGH/HIGHEST will come first).

FAQ:
What is considered a reporter?
A reporter is someone who signed up at the reporting site (reports.cubecraft.net) and therefore reports rulebreakers to get them punished. To my knowledge, because a player uses the command /register in game, the devs of cubecraft can target the reporters when messaging, because the IGN has been linked (I think) when using /register.

How would the notifications look?
The notifications would, in my eyes, look like this:
http://imgur.com/a/eRGdb
A simple chat message with !!! alert !!! at the beginning,
A message saying teamers have been found,
The names of the player.

The playernames might also be in the color of their respective teams. If the player is in specator mode, he/she can press the name to TP to the teamers.

What happens when no one in that game signed up?

If the filter is advanced enough, it could handle it on its own, but the filter is really ment just to help the reporters find teamers. If there aren't any reporters in the game, there are 2 options:
1. The filter gets shut off to avoid lag. (on busy days)
2. The filter works on its own, if it's advanced enough.

If there's another way like Hanger mentioned above me, I would also suggest to check if players share items since... Welp, teams does that.
About this...

This is just horrible in my opinion. I don't like the looks and the idea. Why need to shout them out in public chat when people are going to eventually realize when they confront them + if the filter is working, why not just punish them instead of sending them a message? Reporting people teaming doesn't require a warning so why should the filter do it?

It's not a public message, it's a private message to the reporters in the game.

Like I said - there's room for false positives, I'd rather have a human handle this than a robot ;)

Thanks for reading that mess of text - I made it on my phone so it might contain some spelling errors. Let me know what you think of this suggestion! :D

If there is anything unclear, tell me and I will change it. :)

(I am really proud of this thread :D )

Last edited:

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
I really Like this filter. It would make everything easier!
As we all can see, There are tons of teaming going on different games
at Cubecraft.

I really like this to be added!

Reactions: Flaxic and bryanbas

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I think that would be something cool to add. All though it will take quite some time. I think maybe also detecting if they stay the maximum of 8 blocks apart and 20 seconds of not attacking each other. That should trigger the anti team.
If the "Teamers" received that message more then 3 times. They get kicked. How does that sound?

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
I think that would be something cool to add. All though it will take quite some time. I think maybe also detecting if they stay the maximum of 8 blocks apart and 20 seconds of not attacking each other. That should trigger the anti team.
If the "Teamers" received that message more then 3 times. They get kicked. How does that sound?

Like I said, there's alot of chance that there are going to be false-positives. If you kick a player mid-game when they didn't do anything, which will happen because this is a huge server, they will get mad and might leave the server. Whilst I do agree with the 8 blocks apart for more than 20 seconds thing, I believe I've said that in the main post. Also, kicking the players would not stop them from teaming, and will cause the reporters to lose their evidence for the report.

Thanks for the suggestion though! :D

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Like I said, there's alot of chance that there are going to be false-positives. If you kick a player mid-game when they didn't do anything, which will happen because this is a huge server, they will get mad and might leave the server. Whilst I do agree with the 8 blocks apart for more than 20 seconds thing, I believe I've said that in the main post. Also, kicking the players would not stop them from teaming, and will cause the reporters to lose their evidence for the report.

Thanks for the suggestion though! :D

Thats why you only get kicked if you get that message more then 3 times.

Sotis

Feb 14, 2016
Neverland
I like the idea but with these kind of stuff there's obviously going to be a few flaws at first and would take a while to input. I'm not sure what I think although your 5 steps seemed pretty efficient.

I agree with this, kicking them would only diminish the chance of getting evidence and reporting them.

Reactions: bryanbas

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
I like the idea but with these kind of stuff there's obviously going to be a few flaws at first and would take a while to input. I'm not sure what I think although your 5 steps seemed pretty efficient.

That's why I didn't suggest to let the system do all the work, but rather notify the reporters of possible teamers ;)

Sotis

Feb 14, 2016
Neverland
That's why I didn't suggest to let the system do all the work, but rather notify the reporters of possible teamers ;)
If it was possible to have a reporters dedicated specifically to this 24/7 it would be great, but unfortunatley there isn't so I'm not really sure how it would help if they saw the notification after the actual teaming had occurred.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
If it was possible to have a reporters dedicated specifically to this 24/7 it would be great, but unfortunatley there isn't so I'm not really sure how it would help if they saw the notification after the actual teaming had occurred.

Just a random player?

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.

Well... If the player were to die in the match, he/she will be able to record the teamers and get them punished.
Also, there are some times where I am dedicating some time specifficaly for catching teamers/hackers... sooo... :p

That was a good point though.

Sotis

Feb 14, 2016
Neverland
Just a random player?
Hmm so what you're saying is it notifies someone random, needs to be a bit more specific. If it notified someone ingame or everyone it probably wouldn't be so great because it would be a little bothersome and most of the time people proabably wouldn't start recording.

Sotis

Feb 14, 2016
Neverland
Well... If the player were to die in the match, he/she will be able to record the teamers and get them punished.
Also, there are some times where I am dedicating some time specifficaly for catching teamers/hackers... sooo... :p

That was a good point though.
Try explaining a little more in depth because I'm not really sure how you suggest the reporters and notification system would work.
I like the thread though, it's creative idea:D

bryanbas

Aug 22, 2016
Behind you.
Hmm so what you're saying is it notifies someone random, needs to be a bit more specific. If it notified someone ingame or everyone it probably wouldn't be so great because it would be a little bothersome and most of the time people proabably wouldn't start recording.

No, It would notify a reporter. A reporter is someone who signed up at the site ( reports.cubecraft.net ) to report rulebreakers. They would get notified so they can record the incident. I think the staff team and devs can check who signed up as you need to register in game with the /register command

Anyways, I'll update the tread in more detail :D

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer

When I mean random, I mean a random person that's in-game.

Flaxic

Feb 8, 2017
I really Like this filter. It would make everything easier!
As we all can see, There are tons of teaming going on different games
at Cubecraft.

I really like this to be added!
Exactly what I'd have said :) +1 :D

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom