Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see one of these suggestions implemented?

• Suggestion 1 - Same chat rules for both dead and alive

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Suggestion 2 - Default to team chat when alive, default to global chat when dead

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Neither of these, because ... [comment]

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
In the teaming modes of both EggWars and SkyWars, the chat is divided into two channels: global and team, of which the former one is public to all teams and the latter one is only visible for you and your teammates. Whenever a teammember dies, the player is kicked from its team's chat and can no longer participate. The only way to communicate with its team in private − correct me if I'm wrong − is via a teammate middleman who's still alive which can be "/tell"ed back and forth with.

In my opinion that's unfortunate. The dead team member has a good overview in spectator mode and thus could be very valuable for its team when it comes to discussing strategies.

My suggestion is to either:
  1. Apply the same chat rules to both alive and dead team members: chat would default to team chat and global chat could be accessed just like normal, prefixing the message with a ! sign.

Alive / Dead
    hi => [Team] hi
    !hi => [Global] hi

2. Or the same as suggestion nr. 1, but defaulting to global chat and introducing a new prefix for team chat.

Alive
    hi => [Team] hi
    !hi => [Global] hi

Dead
    #hi => [Team] hi
    hi => [Global] hi

I don't think that it'd be an unfair advantage for the team for two reasons:
  • The team already lost at least one team member.
  • (on EggWars) The team already lost its egg, otherwhise they couldn't have lost a player.

Reactions: Cynamooo

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
As @Ecliptic said, this feature would encourage ghosting more than anything.
Ghosting is extremely overpowered, as you can wait for someone to tell you when the player is looking away so you can possibly run over and surprise attack them. Ghosting isn't extremely hard to counter, though it does eliminate a lot of good strategies when it's a smart player.

Reactions: KidBit

RazorBlade_RB

Aug 10, 2016
I think it is a good idea. After all we are talking about Team Eggwars, so I see no disadvantage on ghosting. Also, only dead people can ghost, meaning that the person is disadvantage is the one who lost his teammate, and not the other teams. That's my opinion.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
In the teaming modes of both EggWars and SkyWars, the chat is divided into two channels: global and team, of which the former one is public to all teams and the latter one is only visible for you and your teammates. Whenever a teammember dies, the player is kicked from its team's chat and can no longer participate. The only way to communicate with its team in private − correct me if I'm wrong − is via a teammate middleman who's still alive which can be "/tell"ed back and forth with.

In my opinion that's unfortunate. The dead team member has a good overview in spectator mode and thus could be very valuable for its team when it comes to discussing strategies.

My suggestion is to either:
  1. Apply the same chat rules to both alive and dead team members: chat would default to team chat and global chat could be accessed just like normal, prefixing the message with a ! sign.

Alive / Dead
    hi => [Team] hi
    !hi => [Global] hi

2. Or the same as suggestion nr. 1, but defaulting to global chat and introducing a new prefix for team chat.

Alive
    hi => [Team] hi
    !hi => [Global] hi

Dead
    #hi => [Team] hi
    hi => [Global] hi

I don't think that it'd be an unfair advantage for the team for two reasons:
  • The team already lost at least one team member.
  • (on EggWars) The team already lost its egg, otherwhise they couldn't have lost a player.
Technically ghosting is allowed (even know I have played games with a staff member in discord and they /kicked someone who was ghosting)
It would not provote more ghosting because they can still do it in the global chat, and can msg their teamate. I too hate ghosting, all this does is simplify ghosting.

pro games

Feb 25, 2017
team in solo

Attachments

• game_mini_mini_mini.JPG
    game_mini_mini_mini.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 137
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom