Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this map be added?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
To the people who say islands are too big and far apart, please think of the chaos it would create if the islands were close together.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Overall, I think the map design is great. It definetly improves on the old area 51! I would say scale down the map to make it a 6v6, so that there are more 6 player eggwars maps. If these changes are made, I would vote yes, otherwise no.

Reactions: EggCracker12

Neptuune

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2015
The gens need to be more balanced and i think mid is to far away, i also think that the islands are too big but if it gets some kind of change it will be amazing
I'm all up for re-balancing the gens if need-be.
We tried to copy gen layouts from bigger, current maps like Western, Mansion, and Rome (in regards to what levels the gens are at when the game starts, how many there were, etc.), but if they need to be slightly re-balanced, then I'm totally down for it. We're trying to make sure that, -since it is a 10 player map-, there's opportunity for everyone to get resources quickly, but we can only do so much, especially given that we're trying to introduce a new team layout.

Island are too far from mid, you're able to reach mid with less than 45 blocks in every map. So I'd like to see the same here! (Also, to make teams with drag clicking god bridgers too op)
I think Gainy already mentioned this, but the distance between the Team Islands and the Middle Island is a direct 45 block rush (I accidentally gave him the wrong number when he responded to you initially, that's my bad :despair:).

Also touching on what Gainy said, I think that the argument that some players have an advantage due to their bridging abilities isn't necessarily a critique on the map, but rather one that focuses on a player's person bridging skill level.
Starter island are too big, I know that you're with 10 on it, but it's still quite big. If you look at 10v10 maps, the island are big but everything is centred around the "general" starting point to mid. But these islands are too big, everything is spread out and you can keep running for way too long
I think that this map is a pretty similar size to the starter islands on Mansion, Rome, and Mushrooms.
I get your point of making sure that there's not a lot of room for people to run, but these islands are just fine imo, especially given that there are 10 players per team - they'll need more room so that the island isn't too crowded.

As for the gen locations, I don't think they're too spread out, given how much room is in-between gens on Mansion, Rome, and Aztec, I think that the gens on this map are perfectly placed.
^^I understand that my screenshots of their locations weren't exactly helpful to show you where they were placed on the map, so here are videos showing where they're located:

Team Island Gen Location Video -

Sub-Mid Gen Location Video - not gonna make a video on this bc you can see them in the screenshots on the og post

Mid Gen Location Video -
Gens: this is my main problem with the map. Gens in Eggwars are the most important thing for balance, in a 10v10v10v10 this is really hard. As for now, it has to be tweaked really hard
  • Main islands:
    • More iron, but more importantly more gens. Since it's a 10v10v10v10, going to mid faster and having blocks will be even more important. I'd change it to 4 gens (at minimum) with 3 (or more) lvl3 and 1 broken.
    • I honestly like the 1-2 lvl gold gens more (like in Rome and Nightmare) but since that's more of a preference I don't mind
    • 2 diamond gens. 1 really isn't enough for 10 players :)
  • Sub- mid
    • I'd honestly change it all to gold gens. To force everyone to go to mid at least once.
  • Mid
    • For iron, it's fine. I'm not sure where they are positioned but make sure every team has 1 that's theirs according to the proximity to their island
    • Gold, I'd also change it to 4 gens. And for the level, you have to decide how you want the game play to be. With or without a lot of gold. I'd like with more since you have more gaps but also obby and tnt to take the Egg with.
    • Diamond, this has to be 4 of them and all level 3. The main premises of these kinds of big games is diamond control. This is one of the reasons why Rome isn't liked for tryhard v tryhard games. (Also, mid is one big slab pls fix :3) Make sure to put them such that every team has 1
Yeah, like I mentioned above, we tried to make the gens balanced, but I can understand where there are some flaws.
I'll try my best to explain my reasoning in response to your feedback.

Main Islands
- There are 3 iron gens on the team/main islands, two of which are level four. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is the same set-up as Rome? We could add more iron gens, however, I don't want there to be too many. This is because iron becomes obsolete in late-game, so the only point you'll need a lot of it is at the beginning, which is a common theme among all EggWars maps.
Sub-mid
- I'm just going to quote what Gainy said on this topic:
"The design of this map does not favor having many diamonds for all teams, and that's an intentional design. If one team gets to mid first and was to loot 4 level 3 diamond generators, they'd immediately have 40 diamonds seeing as mid is not too big (intentional design).... Instead of several diamond generators on a main island, they have to capitalize on one of the sub middle islands to get any meaningful diamond income. Of course, they also have to defend these generators as other teams may want to capitalize on them too. If the sub middle islands had no diamond generators, nobody would bother going for them as just an extra gold generator isn't worth protecting and spreading your team for."
Mid
- Yup, there are 4 iron gens, one on each corner of mid, to ensure that everyone will be able to access it fairly.
- I think that the amount of gold gens at mid is fine, but I do agree with you that there should be an option to have more access to gold, so I would agree with the idea of making the gold gens at mid level 3 instead of level 2.
- I understand where you're coming from with the dia gens, but I think that keeping the dia gens to a relatively low amount would help prevent players from taking dia, leveling up their dia gen at their base, and camping.

Reactions: Aries104

Soulless_Unity

Admin Team
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
May 22, 2017
Hello, thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, collectively the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:
-Map size, would be a really long gameplay for new players.
-Texturing of terrain can be improved
-Buildings detailing can be enhanced

Please do not be disheartened by the above comments. We really hope you enjoyed building this. Thank you for sharing!

• Sad
Reactions: Dualninja
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
Top Bottom