Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Team-Chat Before Dropping in Eggwars?

• Total voters

Waveware

Sep 20, 2016
www.jamieoliver.com
I have a small suggestion for TEAM Eggwars. I have noticed that we are not allowed to chat before we drop unto the map. EVEN in between the team in a team game where we are grouped with randoms. Chatting will allow us to communicate with the strangers in the first 15 seconds to quickly share game plans or strategy.

Without the chat, let's say for Rome, Aztec, or Teaparty, where you are most likely to be placed in a team with randoms. The team would not work as a team but instead work individually until randoms just happen to crosspaths with you. Enabling chat would allow the team to at least have a little idea of what other people are doing.

Just a little suggestion.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

Yeah, I support this I want to tell my teammates hey guys I'm rushing, or I got obby, or I could use the chat to make a strat or use I strat, w/o this my teammates hog the gold gen and the iron gen, and we will be less organized, and no one will rush to mid. It makes the game easier in my opinion

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I agree cuz sometimes, my team literally just trying to build to our next door neighbors, and then we get eliminated.
Being able to talk before game might help us to work more like a team.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
To me its a 100% yes BUT if you are a ranked player (like me) they will spam you with OP OP OP OP
if they can filter OP, Normal, and Hardcore then its yes for me :D

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Nah they will Spam OP...
they can't filter OP otherwise people can't have normal conversations...
Like peOPle...

Reactions: Commissioned

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
As @Dotsy said, I'm pretty sure the reason they don't allow chat is because players were always asking for OP and that got really annoying. I bet you loads of people would complain if they enabled chat again.

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
That's why I only play with friends. Can't you also just chat with your team as soon as you hit the ground?

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
It's only a few seconds of " no chatting time". If the feature to disable chat before the game starts would disappear, chat will be spammed with (mostly) useless things.

Waveware

Sep 20, 2016
www.jamieoliver.com
If you guys don't use chat anyway, why would you be annoyed by
''OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP'' PLS

Chatting after dropping might take away a good 3-5 seconds from the start and lose you your entry iron ingots just because you want to work as a team. It's as if players that are trying to coordinate a team is getting punished for putting in the extra 3-5 seconds to tell people what they are doing.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
If you guys don't use chat anyway, why would you be annoyed by

Chatting after dropping might take away a good 3-5 seconds from the start and lose you your entry iron ingots just because you want to work as a team. It's as if players that are trying to coordinate a team is getting punished for putting in the extra 3-5 seconds to tell people what they are doing.
ehm no? You can run to the generators first and chat after you got some iron :)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Yeah, I support this I want to tell my teammates hey guys I'm rushing, or I got obby, or I could use the chat to make a strat or use I strat, w/o this my teammates hog the gold gen and the iron gen, and we will be less organized, and no one will rush to mid. It makes the game easier in my opinion
I usually type it out then hit "enter" as if to post it then when the game drops me i open chat hit the up arrow and post it its like a type and paste

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
''OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP'' PLS
I get this, but I can see the value of being able to chat with teammates. There's no reason chat should be enabled for solo games. Then again, chat is still enabled for solo survival games for this exact reason, which was suggested to be turned off... :(

Waveware

Sep 20, 2016
www.jamieoliver.com
Yup, I agree.
Usually I just ignore it and I just do what I want :)
It's for the people that actually want to work as a team and want to tell people to have an idea of what I am doing in the first minute. I don't hog gens, and I move immediately as soon as we drop, I have no time to stop and chat. Maybe the gen hogs have more time to chat than Moneybags rushers.

how did i get here ?
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/team-chat-in-eggwars-before-dropping.160005/#post-647839

This would be a lovely feature, but I don't see it being necessary.
It's not game changing, only cause a little discomfort or it could save some frustration during the game such as 2 or 3 people building a rush bridge when that could be avoided if someone said "I'm building to mid" before dropping.

I usually type it out then hit "enter" as if to post it then when the game drops me i open chat hit the up arrow and post it its like a type and paste
Instead of doing this why not just enable it? If the chat is enabled again, actual strategy chats happen, instead of just one person talking. I know it is a short 15 seconds, but in the 15 seconds, at least 2/3 of the players can tell what they will be doing in the first 5 minutes of the game. Other players won't bother chatting because no one else is talking, and when the see someone message, they might get the idea and tell what they are doing.

ehm no? You can run to the generators first and chat after you got some iron :)
I don't hog gens, and I move immediately as soon as we drop, I have no time to stop and chat. Maybe the gen hogs have more time to chat than Moneybags rushers. It's as if the game punishes mid/island rushers just because they want to coordinate the team.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom