Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Nood. :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybood.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
Okay so I found this thread and I think these people just don't finish the tutorial. I play about 120 games of TD and I bumped into about 10 people that just doesn't know how to play the game. For non-English speakers/muted people, I can't deal with that. But for English speakers, they think they know everything but they just completely ruin other people's experience. I already lost about 15 games just because of stackers and space-wasters. This is an absolute madness, but I have 2 suggestion for this.
1. Make tutorials permanent and don't waste their life game time. (Credits goes to @AboodPlayz )
When a player join his/her first game, a tutorial will pop up when the timer ends. After that, pro players can stay in the lobby and chill while new players do their tutorials.
2. More information in the tutorial.
The tutorial is fine, but just lack of information. Yes, it tells you the main objective and how to place towers/send troops, but stackers and space-wasters just don't know that what they're doing is wrong. Include more information such as "don't stack certain towers" and "don't leave blocks between the towers" etc. They will learn it.
3. Written tutorial book. (Credits goes to @AboodPlayz again)
Instead of keeping the book tutorial item, how about a real written book? And players can even click on the text (Example: Defend your castle. View your castle) to make it easier to understand? Also, this should be in both in-game and the TD main lobby.
Hopefully no-one places the towers "wrongly" or even doesn't know how to get EXP!

- Edit 10/4/2017
Modified 1.
Added 3.

Last edited:

ItsBaraa

Aug 25, 2016
From my last game of TD [ 3 months i think lol ] there was TIPs on the chat that actually telling you how to do those stuff. and for the "wrongly" its just experience of the player the tutorial won't tell you Place that there and That behind it [extra] ..
( im not going to reply this thread today cuz i want to sleep lol )

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
From my last game of TD [ 3 months i think lol ] there was TIPs on the chat that actually telling you how to do those stuff. and for the "wrongly" its just experience of the player the tutorial won't tell you Place that there and That behind it [extra] ..
( im not going to reply this thread today cuz i want to sleep lol )
Yes, those helps. but from what I've seen, it didn't fix the stacking issue. There is no such thing in TIPs.

Mr_T_thats_me

Feb 24, 2017
I think there should be the tutorial but also CubeCraft should prompt you with a youtube link where they should play a game showing the do/don'ts and how to play so if players are still confused they can look at that rather than 10 people trying to explain in chat? Just a little idea.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Okay so I found this thread and I think these people just don't finish the tutorial. I play about 120 games of TD and I bumped into about 10 people that just doesn't know how to play the game. For non-English speakers/muted people, I can't deal with that. But for English speakers, they think they know everything but they just completely ruin other people's experience. I already lost about 15 games just because of stackers and space-wasters. This is an absolute madness, but I have 2 suggestion for this.
1. Make tutorials permanent.
When a player join his/her first game, a tutorial will pop up when the game starts instead of placing the tutorial item at the 9th slot in your hotbar that nobody touches. Keep the book tutorial item though, but make the first-game-joiners know what's going on.
2. More information in the tutorial.
The tutorial is fine, but just lack of information. Yes, it tells you the main objective and how to place towers/send troops, but stackers and space-wasters just don't know that what they're doing is wrong. Include more information such as "don't stack certain towers" and "don't leave blocks between the towers" etc. They will learn it.
Hopefully no-one places the towers "wrongly" or even doesn't know how to get EXP!
I agree but having the tutorial during a LIVE GAME?! Seriously, the main problem with the current tutorial is that it wastes time during a live game & doesn't provide players with enough information.
If anything the tutorial should be either in the pre-lobby or in the main lobby of T.D so you don't waste time in a live game.
Personally I find the tutorial should be by text in a book itself not something that teleports you around & so you can close the book and quickly help your team.
#1 page : "Tower Defence Guide/Tutorial". Index "Page #2,3 = Basics. Page #4 = Tips....."
#2 + #3 page : Basic information with text you can click to view what each thing looks like. e.g "Defend Your Castle, View your castle"
#4 page : Some tips on how to play efficiently
Book or not I would love them to add a few pieces of information to help you better understand how to play.

As for moving it's spot I don't really mind the current spot since I frequently go to my 9th slot every so often in other games so I am used to it.

Reactions: Mr_T_thats_me

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
I agree but having the tutorial during a LIVE GAME?! Seriously, the main problem with the current tutorial is that it wastes time during a live game & doesn't provide players with enough information.
If anything the tutorial should be either in the pre-lobby or in the main lobby of T.D so you don't waste time in a live game.
Personally I find the tutorial should be by text in a book itself not something that teleports you around & so you can close the book and quickly help your team.
#1 page : "Tower Defence Guide/Tutorial". Index "Page #2,3 = Basics. Page #4 = Tips....."
#2 + #3 page : Basic information with text you can click to view what each thing looks like. e.g "Defend Your Castle, View your castle"
#4 page : Some tips on how to play efficiently
Book or not I would love them to add a few pieces of information to help you better understand how to play.

As for moving it's spot I don't really mind the current spot since I frequently go to my 9th slot every so often in other games so I am used to it.
I see your point there. I will add that. Well, at least half of it. Text books will be cool to see in the lobby AND the game itself.
About the pre-lobby or main lobby tutorial things, I think that it's pretty good to be in a pre-game. By pre-game you are actually in the game, but doesn't let you place towers or send mobs or anything, just a bunch of /tp and /title things just like the TD tutorial right now. For pro players, they can run around and chill in the pre-lobby while new players just doing the tutorial. Keep the book in the 9th slot though since it may be used.

Pros:
+ No life game time will be wasted
+ Players will know what to do
+ Books can be really useful
Cons:
- Requires more time and pro players needs to wait

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom