Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe

Forums Banner - Strategy.png

Introduction

Hi! I am Shotgun, a TD try hard who works hard to make TD great again! When I saw the guides of Tower Defence on the forums and read them, I saw some incorrect information and thought there were parts that can be said more about. Also, there hasn’t been made a Strategy Guide yet. So, here I am with a full guide for Tower Defence on CubeCraft Games. I divided the forums version into three parts: How to Play, Database and Strategy. A full version can be found attached to this thread. Here's the second part: Strategy. Links to the other parts: How to Play and Database

If you want more guides or a community to play and make strategies and parties with; Join Tower Defence CC! They also host tournaments and events!

Strategies

First I want to say that strategies are really situational. Below I've written some basic elements and advanced tactics but remember that one power-up can unlock a new way to win the game. The secret of Tower Defence is not following one strict rulebook of strategies but to wing it. Combine strategies you learned, change them and find your own unique strategy. Adjust your strategy to what the opponent does, in defence as well as offence.

Thanks to @CrystalDrop for showing me this.

EXP Grinding

There are certain troops which are better at EXP grinding then others due to their lower “Coins per 1 EXP”. (The amount of coins needed to acquire one EXP). The best mobs to grind EXP with are, from best to worst:
  1. Zombie (only used as the first wave)
  2. Spiders
  3. Skeletons
  4. Zombie Pigmen
  5. Blaze
  6. Slime
All these troops ought to be Level I when using them for EXP grinding, when upgraded go to the next best troop. The lower you go in the row, the more EXP you will gain but the less Coins will be left. Make sure to balance this out the right way and prioritise your needs. Also, make sure to always send a full wave of mobs if you don’t have enough coins then fill the rest of your wave with cheaper EXP grinders.

EXP Stalling

EXP Stalling is denying your opponent’s their early EXP by placing your defence at the very end of the track. A few Ice Towers across the track will make this strategy even more effective. This way you’ll be earlier with upgrading your troops and Goldmine. If both teams do this, it doesn’t matter anymore but if one team does it, that team will get an advantage. This strategy needs the full team to be on-board.

Maps

Maps influences your strategy as well. Below is explained what impact a map might have on your strategy:
A small-sized track favours rushers, the troops reach the Castle earlier.
A big amount of tower spots favours defenders, they have enough room to build tower combos and can build bigger defence for Late Game.
A good amount of Double Hit Spots favours defenders, it will make it easier to defend against rushers.
Splits favours the defenders, the mobs are split and will be therefore more difficult to speed.

Offence

The Zombie is the weakest mob in the game, it is only used in the first waves you send. It is already unlocked. Upgrading this mob doesn’t make any sense and is of no use.
The Spider has the lowest Coins per 1 EXP (the amount of Coins one must spend to acquire one EXP). This makes him one of the best EXP grinders in the game. At level IV it transforms into an Invisible Cave Spider which is immune to anything except from Ice and Mage Towers. Sometimes your opponent forgets to place enough Mage Towers, you can punish them using this mob. Don’t upgrade this mob unless you are absolutely sure you are getting damage with them. If you do upgrade, it’ll increase the Coins per 1 EXP and you’ll lose your best EXP grinder. In Mid Game, this doesn’t matter as much because you will mainly be using Skeletons for EXP. If your opponents are new to the game, you may be able to defeat them using a Spider Witch combination.
The Zombie Pigman is mostly used in the Quick Start game mode but also as a rush troop or EXP grinder when the Skeletons have been upgraded. Keep in mind when using Zombie Pigmen that a Poison Tower Path 1 is a real killer for this troop. Think twice before sending when the opponent has this tower.
The Skeleton is mainly used as a rush troop and EXP grinder. It is immune to the Artillery Tower Path 2 starting from Level II. It can be used in rushes on its own but is also effective when combined with Witches or Blazes. Normally you’ll send Level I, IV or V Skeletons, those are the most useful upgrades.
The Creeper is supposed to be the mini tank of the game. It has the ability to regenerate health over time. You generally won’t be using this troop because it is imbalanced and extremely bad in comparison to other troops.
The Silverfish is the smaller version of the Blaze, it’s probably meant to be an Early Game aerial rushing troop. At level IV it transforms into the Endermite which cannot be set on fire by the Mage Tower but can be hit by the ignition. You generally won’t be using this troop because it is imbalanced and extremely bad in comparison to other troops.
Mostly used as an EXP grinder and rush troop, the Blaze will probably be unlocked in almost every game. It’s the strongest aerial troop in the game. It’s quite expensive so keep in mind that saving Coins is as important as getting EXP to unlock this troop.
The Witch is the only support troop in the game and can be used in every push. It heals other troops with a certain percentage of their maximum health to balance out the healing rate. Never send it as an EXP grinder as it drops a huge amount of Coins upon death. Send them in the front of your wave when sending faster troops such as Zombie Pigmen, Spiders and Blazes (Blazes are faster because they can’t be hit by Quake Towers). Send them in the middle of your waves when they are as fast as the other troops, for example Skeletons. And send them at the back of your waves when sending with slower troops such as the Slime and Magma Cube.
The Slime is your best tank. It transforms into a Magma Cube at Level IV. You will mainly be using the Level V version of the troop. Keep in mind that this troop can generate much lag so don’t crash your own PC when using this troop
The Giant is supposed to be the best troop in the game. It regenerates and is immune to Quake Towers due to its weight and size. You generally won’t be using this troop because it is imbalanced and extremely bad in comparison to other troops.

Defence

Zombie Pigman Defence

Zombie Pigman Defence always consists of a Poison Top Path Level IV at the start of the track. Build 2-3 Artillery Towers Bottom Path Level IV to kill them at the end of the track and more if the Pigmen are upgraded. You can use some Quake Towers as well.

Wither Skeleton Defence

The Wither Skeleton Defence can be done in different ways but there are a few towers that you will always see. The Quake Tower Level III, Sorcerer Top Path Level IV and Ice Tower are a must. If you are low on Coins, you may replace some of your Sorcerers with Artillery Top Path Level IV. From halfway the track you’ll also be using the Poison Tower Bottom Path Level IV. If you have lots of Coins, Archers Bottom Path Level IV on the front row are helpful as well. Make sure to keep the building penalties and rules in mind. If you don’t know those:

Poison Tower: 5 3x3 spots room between them. Back row
Quake Tower: 3 3x3 spots room between them. Back row
Ice Tower: 9 3x3 spots room between them. Back row
Sorcerer Tower: fill up the empty spots. Back row
Artillery Tower: Front row
Archer Tower: Front row

Here are a few screenshots to make it clearer:
1606940309708.png

1606940317099.png

Blaze Defence

Blaze Defence is easy, just build Archer Tower Bottom Path Level IV front row and place Ice Towers behind it, make sure to keep 9 3x3 spots between them. You can also use Zeus Top Path Level IV at the end of the track instead of the usual Sorcerer you would place on the back row.

Below is a video explaining the Blaze Defence, Skeleton Defence, Zombie Pigman Defence (Defence for Quickstart) and EXP Stalling strategy. Also, there is a bonus tip included!

Magma Defence

Magma Defence is the combination of Skeleton Defence and Blaze Defence. Make sure to have Archers in the front row and Quakes, Sorcerers, Ices and Poison on the back row.

Towers

The Archer tower is your main defence and only hope against Blazes, always use the Bottom Path as it does more damage and primarily place on the front row. Most of the time, back row Archers can’t hit ground troops because of the blocked line of sight.
The Artillery Tower is best in pregame, after that you won’t be using it anymore most of the time. It is good at killing Zombies, Spiders and Zombie Pigmen when using Bottom Path. This is the path with more DPS, but it cannot hit Skeleton Level II+. It is also used in Skeleton Level IV defence, only then you use the Top Path for stun.
The Mage Tower is an important pregame tower to defend against the first waves. Make sure to place at least three of them at Level IV across the map to defend against Invisible Spiders.
The Ice Tower is one of your most important towers, they slow enemies down so that other towers have more time to attack them. The Ice Tower doesn’t do damage (not even at Level IV). This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t upgrade them. It still gives them a useful range buff. Make sure to get every bit of the map covered before Mid Game. If there are 9 3x3 Tower Spots between every Ice Tower the entire track in between is covered.
Top Path is an absolute Zombie Pigman rush killer. Always have one at the start of the track. It drains 2 health per second from mobs all the way to the end of the track, however, it cannot kill mobs.

Bottom Path does kill mobs, place this tower from halfway down the track. The Bottom Path (Level IV) deals 24 damage to all mobs close to it every 10 seconds. This is for Slimes, if they split up the effect of the Top Path takes off. Place them as much as possible (from halfway down the track, there will be a 5 3x3 Tower Spot Building Penalty restricting you from building too much.
This is one of the best towers in the game. Make sure to build as many as possible. It stuns enemies for 5 seconds. It cannot hit aerial troops. There will be a 3 3x3 Tower Spot Building Penalty restricting you from placing too much of them
A great way to deal with Skeletons, Pigmen and Slimes (Magmas). This is your main tower to build behind Archers. Always use the Top Path as it does more damage
The worst Level I tower available, if you place it, immediately upgrade to Level IV Bottom Path. Top Path does less damage and is buggy. Use them at the end of the track behind Archers to help them take down Blazes.
The Top Path does more damage, if you have enough coins, place Turret Towers instead. You should avoid using this tower as the Turret Tower is way better.
A great 5x5 tower, this is your main tower to place on 5x5 spots. It has the best DPS per Coin of all non-AoE towers.
Bad at pregame and Early Game, good at Mid Game, OP at End Game. Start placing this tower when in Mid Game. Make sure to choose where to place the tower wisely. It should be near the start of the track. At least on the first half. Take advantage of Corner Spots and Double Hit Spots.

Pregame

Before being able to send troops, you can build some towers, in every game mode or pricing it’s the same except from Normal Game Mode – Quick Start pricing. Below is explained which tower combos are best:

If you place one of these combos, you will have enough coins to send 12 Zombies after.

Mage Level III 510 Coins
Mage Level II & Quake Level I 620 Coins
Artillery Level II & Quake Level I 550 Coins
Artillery Level II & Artillery Level I 590 Coins
Quake Level I & Ice Level II 540 Coins

The best spots for placing these towers are:

Mage: on the fourth spot of the track
Quake: on the first spot of the track
Artillery: on the fourth spot of the track
Ice: on the fifth spot of the track

Normal Game Mode (Offensive Playstyle)

Double Income

Early Game

In early game you will be trying to upgrade your Gold Mine as fast as possible. After having placed your tower combo you should send 12 Zombies as fast as possible, after that you have earned a total of 168 EXP, unlock Spiders and send a wave. Upgrade your Gold Mine with the EXP received and send another wave of Spiders. Between those two waves of Spiders, if possible, upgrade your Mage to level IV, Artillery to Level IV Bottom Path, Quake to Level II or Ice to Level IV. Now upgrade your Gold Mine to Level III.
To make it easier to understand and follow here is a step by step version of what you are supposed to do.

1. Send 12 Zombies
  2. Unlock Spiders
  3. Send 12 Spiders
  4. Upgrade Gold Mine
  5. If possible, upgrade towers
  6. Send 12 Spiders
  7. Upgrade Gold Mine
From here you’ll be having two options to rush, you either go for the Skeleton Level IV rush or for the Blaze Level II rush.

From the Gold Mine Level III, you will be going for Gold Mine Level IV with Spiders only, and for Skeleton Level IV after that. This will be unlockable when you have reached about 2200 EXP. After that, unlock at least your Speed. Always speed the back wave first to merge your waves together. You can also unlock Heal to throw on your first (two) wave(s). Always upgrade your Skeletons to Level IV from Level I immediately.Don’t go from I to II to III to IV each time you have enough EXP to upgrade.

When you are with 1 or 2 players, go for two waves of Skeletons to rush, if you are with 3 or more players, go for three waves of Skeletons. From three players you can merge 3 waves together if you are with two or less players, the Skeletons won’t merge until they are almost at the end.
You are supposed to go a bit further with Gold Mines this time, instead of the Level IV you’ll go for the Level V Gold Mine with spiders only. After that, unlock Blaze Level II and speed with Spiders.

Send two waves of Blazes and speed the back wave first. If you are with 3 or more players, you can go for three waves of Blazes. Optionally you can use Heal as well on the first wave.

If you are with 3 or more players, it is also a possibility to combine those two rushes. It would be the most efficient when a player shares coins with the one who sends blazes.

Mid Game

In Mid Game the Blaze pushes are your best hope. I personally feel like going with Level IV or Level V Blazes, but some might go for Level III. I’m starting at Level IV Blaze because it doesn’t require that much EXP extra from Level III and it gives you a slight damage upgrade. While grinding EXP for unlocking the blazes, keep in mind that it doesn’t give you any advantage when your Blazes are unlocked earlier but you don’t have any Coins to send them. So, balance the gain of EXP and saving up Coins out.

When sending the blazes, speed the back wave first so that all waves merge and the outer Blazes protect the ones on the inside of the group. Optionally, you can heal the first (two) wave(s) before speeding.

You can also send a wave of Witches before sending the Blazes, those Witches may be able to heal the first Blazes a bit. Remember that sometimes the Blazes only need to touch the Castle to bring it down.

As always, send two waves when with 1 or 2 players and send three when with 3 or more players.

You can also strengthen your pushes by sending a continuous stream of Skeletons Level V combined with two Witches Level V. This is a weaker version of the Magma Blaze final push that I’ll be explaining for Late Game.

Late Game

For late game, your only hope is to go with Magma, Witches and Blazes combined. You will be sending a continues stream of Level V Magma Cube waves combined with two Level V Witches, and then sending three waves of Blazes on top of it. This way the Magma Cubes tank the Blazes. (still three waves when you are with 2 or less players)

When there are about 7 minutes left until the end of the game, start sending Magma Level V combined with two Witches Level V while continuously healing. When you have at least 34.000 Coins left, start sending 3 waves of Blazes Level V. Heal the first two waves and then speed when possible starting with the back wave so that all waves merge.

The total of EXP needed to unlock Magma Cubes Level V is a bit over 20.000.

Normal Income

Normal Income is the same as Double Income, it’s just that everything takes twice as long! Though there are some tactics that can help you be almost as fast as with Double Income. Here we go:

Early Game

In Early Game is when the tricks come in. Though you got to have a partner. There is going to be one player that unlocks Skeleton Level IV and one player that’s going to be sharing Coins to the first. The one unlocking Skeleton Level IV will only go for the 350 EXP Goldmine and the one sharing Coins will go for the 1000 EXP Goldmine. Both players are supposed to use Spiders for EXP grinding

Mid Game & Late Game

In Mid and Late Game, you’ll be doing the same, but then with the other rushes. Switch roles if one already shared and one saved up EXP for rush. So, the rusher will save, and the saver will rush.

Quick Start

Early Game

In Quick Start you can easily Pig Rush if you are with multiple people, though the opponents are able to do this as well. Have one player build a Poison Tower Top Path Level III and a Mage Level III in the back (EXP Stalling) and unlock Spiders and just normally gather EXP. (If you are playing solo, go for the Poison as well but also place a pregame tower combo.) The others send Zombies once and unlock Zombie Pigman after. Everyone sends two waves of Zombie Pigman and will then share EXP to the one defending. This person unlocks heal and heals the Zombie Pigmen.

Mid Game & Late Game

In Mid and Late Game, you’ll be generally doing the same as in Normal Income.

Normal Game Mode (Defensive Playstyle)

Early Game

The first part of Early Game will be the same as in the Offensive Playstyle. I’ve copied the part to save you searching time.

In early game you will be trying to upgrade your Gold Mine as fast as possible. After having placed your tower combo you should send 12 Zombies as fast as possible, after that you have earned a total of 168 EXP, unlock Spiders and send a wave. Upgrade your Gold Mine with the EXP received and send another wave of Spiders. Between those two waves of Spiders, if possible, upgrade your Mage to level IV, Artillery to Level IV Bottom Path, Quake to Level II or Ice to Level IV. Now upgrade your Gold Mine to Level III.
To make it easier to understand and follow here is a step by step version of what you are supposed to do.

1. Send 12 Zombies
  2. Unlock Spiders
  3. Send 12 Spiders
  4. Upgrade Gold Mine
  5. If possible, upgrade towers
  6. Send 12 Spiders
  7. Upgrade Gold Mine
From here, you’ll be playing defence, you don’t have to save up your coins that much as in the Offensive Playstyle. First, go for Gold Mine Level IV using Spiders. Then unlock and send as much Skeletons as your coins allow you to and fill your waves up with Spiders while placing towers to get as much coins as possible. Upgrade your Gold Mine to Level V if you saved up enough EXP. From here you’ll have enough base income to defend against possible Rushers. Finally, place towers to defend and get EXP using full waves of Skeletons Level I.

Mid Game

In Mid Game you’ll be just building perfect defence and saving up for your big push.

Late Game

In Late Game you’ll be doing the same as in the Offensive Playstyle. I’ve copied it to save up searching time:

You will be sending a continues stream of Level V Magma Cube waves combined with two Level V Witches, and then sending three waves of Blazes on top of it. This way the Magma Cubes tank the Blazes. (still three waves when you are with 2 or less players)

When there are about 7 minutes left until the end of the game, start sending Magma Level V combined with two Witches Level V while continuously healing. When you have at least 34.000 Coins left, start sending 3 waves of Blazes Level V. Heal the first two waves and then speed when possible starting with the back wave so that all waves merge.

The total of EXP needed to unlock Magma Cubes Level V is a bit over 20.000.

Survival Game Mode

Double Income

Early Game

For the Survival Game Mode Early Game explanation, I will be going for a step by step explanation as it’s a standard procedure.
  1. Send 2 waves of Zombies
  2. Send 1 Zombie (click on the Spawner), unlock Zombie Pigman and send 4 Zombie Pigmen
  3. Send 5 Zombie Pigman
  4. Send 3 Zombie Pigmen (click on the Spawner), unlock Blaze and send 2 Blazes
  5. Upgrade Goldmine to Level II
  6. Send 5 Blazes
  7. Upgrade Goldmine to Level III & IV
  8. Send 5 Blazes
  9. Upgrade Blaze to Level II
  10. Send 3 waves of Blazes
  11. Upgrade Goldmine to Level V
If you find yourself with sufficient coins there's a stronger starting procedure:
  1. Send 2 waves of Zombies
  2. Send 1 Zombie (click on the Spawner), unlock Zombie Pigman and send 4 Zombie Pigmen
  3. Send 5 Zombie Pigman
  4. Send 3 Zombie Pigmen (click on the Spawner), unlock Blaze and send 2 Blazes
  6. Send 3 Blazes, upgrade Blaze to Level II
  7. Send 2 Blazes, upgrade Goldmine to Level III
  8. Send 5 Blazes, upgrade Goldmine to Level IV
  9. Send 2 waves of Blazes
  10. Upgrade Goldmine to Level V

Below you can find a video explaining the strategy in practice. There’s also some bonus tips & tricks included.

Mid Game & Late Game

In Mid and Late game, you’ll be going for Giant instead of Magma. The Magma Cubes are good in groups and because of the restriction in troop count Giants are better. If one team member sends 2 Witches every wave and the others rush Giant, you have the best chance to win.

Normal Income

Early Game

Again, in step by step format:
  1. Send 3 waves of Zombies
  2. Unlock Spider
  3. Send 5 Spiders
  4. Send 5 Spiders
  6. Send 6 waves of Spiders
  7. Send 2 Spiders (click on the Spawner), unlock Blaze and send 3 Blazes
  8. Send 5 Blazes
  9. Upgrade Goldmine to Level III
  10. Send 5 Blazes
  11. Upgrade Goldmine to Level IV

Mid Game & Late Game

The Mid and Late Game tactics are the same as in the Double Income pricing of this game mode.

Quick Start

Early Game

There are three options for Quick Start in Survival, the default, one at which you need a power-up of 3+ EXP and one if you don't get much kill coins.
  1. Send 5 Spiders
  2. Send 5 Spiders
  3. Send 4 Spiders, unlock Skeleton and send 1 Skeleton
  4. Send 3 waves of Skeletons
  5. Send 1 Skeleton, unlock Blaze and send 4 Blazes
  6. Upgrade Goldmine to Level III
  1. Send 5 Zombies
  2. Send 3 Zombies, unlock Zombie Pigman and send 2 Zombie Pigman
  3. Send 4 Waves of Zombie Pigman
  4. Send 1 Zombie Pigman, unlock Blaze and send 4 Blazes
  6. Send 5 Blazes
  7. Upgrade Goldmine to Level III
  1. Send 5 Spiders
  2. Send 5 Spiders
  3. Upgrade Goldmine to Level II
  4. Send 5 Spiders
  5. Send 5 Spiders
  6. Send 2 Spiders, unlock Skeleton and send 3 Skeletons
  7. Send 5 Skeletons
  8. Send 5 Skeletons
  9. Send 4 Skeletons, unlock Blaze and send 1 Blaze
  10. Send 5 Blazes, unlock Goldmine Level III
  11. Send 5 Blazes
  12. Send 3 Blazes, unlock Goldmine Level IV and send 2 Blazes

Mid & Late Game

The Mid and Late Game tactics are the same as in the Double Income pricing of this game mode.

Honourable Mentions

Keanu – he made the screenshots of all the maps
Jaduh – she checked whether it’s understandable for everyone
Dubbz - he calculated the Quick Start / Survival strategy and told me the match times

FAQ

The FAQ will be updated if I get more of the same questions.

How to get Experience?
When the troops died you sent; you’ll get experience. In survival game mode, you’ll get your Experience immediately when your troops are queued.

How to send troops?
Using your chest, you can unlock, upgrade and queue your mobs. Use your spawner to send the troops.

Why don’t you upgrade your Goldmine first and then unlock Spiders?
Spiders have a lower Coins per 1 EXP value than Zombies and because of that you’ll end up with more Coins if you unlock Spiders first.

Attachments

• Tower Defence Full Guide.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe

🛠️Guide Update🛠️

- Corrected the Double Income / Survival strategy
- Added an extra strategy for Double Income / Survival
- Changed the structure to make navigation easier

Reactions: Matriox
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Top Bottom