Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
This is not a bug! It's how the command system works after 1.13. Post 1.13 command works by guessing the commands. This happens mostly client side, some commands that exist on Cubecraft do not exist in Vanilla Minecraft thus do not work completely for every command. The /tell command included, also for /report. If this a problem just switch to 1.12.2 or earlier version of the game

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
This is not a bug! It's how the command system works after 1.13. Post 1.13 command works by guessing the commands. This happens mostly client side, some commands that exist on Cubecraft do not exist in Vanilla Minecraft thus do not work completely for every command. The /tell command included, also for /report. If this a problem just switch to 1.12.2 or earlier version of the game
Tried testing on other servers and singleplayer in 1.15.2. /tell tab autocomplete works immediately, but it doesn't on Cubecraft.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I know that the /report command doesn't auto complete because of this. The /tell command is part of Vanilla Minecraft, but Cubecraft has changed it so that when you use it displays a message "Use command like this, /msg" This means the command has been altered and Minecraft doesn't know how to auto complete. You can see that it just says [argument] and not [player] [message]. In the other server where you tried it out, they most likely didn't change how the command works.
Hopefully this answers your question better!
~Fesa

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
I know that the /report command doesn't auto complete because of this. The /tell command is part of Vanilla Minecraft, but Cubecraft has changed it so that when you use it displays a message "Use command like this, /msg" This means the command has been altered and Minecraft doesn't know how to auto complete. You can see that it just says [argument] and not [player] [message]. In the other server where you tried it out, they most likely didn't change how the command works.
Hopefully this answers your question better!
~Fesa
Why'd they change that? Also, if the command is client sided, why would the client care that the command was changed server side? As far as the client would know, the /tell command is still the same, right?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Since Cubecraft changed to command, Minecraft doesn't detect it as the /tell so it doesn't know how to complete it. And just give a [argument] message.
They changed it because the /tell command is essential /whisper which is not what the server wants, it needs the /msg command.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom