Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
th

I don't think this is a good idea. I would rather like a survival server for the whole community, than only for a few players who have the obsidian rank.

D

Deleted member 59979

I agree with Remi. It would be too unfair for a survival gamemode for just the small obsidian community. I do like the idea of a survival section to cubecraft and always have but for the whole community not just donators :D

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
For this to be within the limits of the EULA, players would have to connect to a different server IP address (i.e. not cubecraft.net), therefore they couldn't connect using the compass menu or similar.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
For this to be within the limits of the EULA, players would have to connect to a different server IP address (i.e. not cubecraft.net), therefore they couldn't connect using the compass menu or similar.
it's not against the EULA because it doesn't give obsidians an advantage over other players

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
it's not against the EULA because it doesn't give obsidians an advantage over other players
There's more to the EULA than in-game advantages. It's also about things like access to games.

They could not legally host an obsidian-exclusive survival server at cubecraft.net

Evidence:

https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/
"""
Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.
"""
Therefore the only way to do this would be to set up a different IP for paying players to connect to.

Here's a quotation from an email from Brandon Andersson, an Intellectual Property Enforcement Agent at Mojang:

"""
Examples of things you can sell for hard currency, “real money”, (as long as it doesn’t give the player any unfair advantage):
[...]
Access to test versions or additional games that are hosted on another server (using another connecting address, i.e. premium.example.com) included with the rank for another server, as long as any items or soft currency that are earned in them cannot be carried over to another server."
"""
Therefore again the only way to do this would be to set up a different IP for paying players to connect to.

Interestingly, if this was to be set up, I believe it could only ever be one type of rank that can have access; it's not like emerald and obsidian could both have access.

https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/
"""
You are allowed to charge players to access your server

Basically, if you’re charging for access to your server, you are selling a “ticket” and there can only be one type of ticket, regardless of how much people are willing to spend.
"""

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on caraMel's profile.
What is the new challenge?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉🎂
BicolourSine41 wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday!
BicolourSine41 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Way to late birthday wishes! Sorry!
ngl the only reason im being active on minecraft is because of my cousin
Top Bottom