Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should a survival server be added to CubeCraft?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No! (If so, why?)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Aug 29, 2019
Canada
This might have been suggested before, but what do people think of adding an almost vanilla survival mode to CubeCraft. Perhaps just a plain world, with claims, rudimentary warping, and possibly mcmmo. I believe this could add a fun experience to those who enjoy the survival side to minecraft, but enjoy playing with people.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
This might have been suggested before, but what do people think of adding an almost vanilla survival mode to CubeCraft. Perhaps just a plain world, with claims, rudimentary warping, and possibly mcmmo. I believe this could add a fun experience to those who enjoy the survival side to minecraft, but enjoy playing with people.
Im sorry but i voted no to this, I do have a few reasons tho. My main issue with this is that there really isn't much that cubecraft could add to make it "their own" special game, and imo that is my favorite part of the server, every game is unique and you can only play it on CCG. another issue is server space, survival takes A LOT of storage, you need to load massive numbers of chunks and store a lot of player data, they already had to remove some games due to a lack of server space. I also see this being an issue because it could take players away from some minigames and we could lose the already small playerbase on some games, so if someone really enjoys the game they will never be able to play it. And CCG *sorta* recently released Skyblock which is in a sense survival, and if you want the survival aspect of Minecraft they have done an AMAZING job with skyblock by adding some very unique aspects while keeping it mostly survival. If you want to play survival there are plenty of survival based servers that would be great, but I dont believe that it fits the minigame style that CCG has had since its beginning. And finally with survival comes toxicity, because there will be pvp, and there will be hackers, and these lead people (especially younger children, which this server has many) to be victims to hackers and lose their hard work, I just don't think that's what CCG wants to be part of their server (correct me if I'm wrong lol). This leads into my final point, scammers, survival is full of scams, people will do anything for items, and honestly, the staff team isn't big enough to deal with all their current responsibilities, AND deal with constant scam reports. So for these reasons I voted no.
dang, this ended up being longer than my essay for lit, sorry lol.

Reactions: CommonNonsense
Aug 29, 2019
Canada
Im sorry but i voted no to this, I do have a few reasons tho. My main issue with this is that there really isn't much that cubecraft could add to make it "their own" special game, and imo that is my favorite part of the server, every game is unique and you can only play it on CCG. another issue is server space, survival takes A LOT of storage, you need to load massive numbers of chunks and store a lot of player data, they already had to remove some games due to a lack of server space. I also see this being an issue because it could take players away from some minigames and we could lose the already small playerbase on some games, so if someone really enjoys the game they will never be able to play it. And CCG *sorta* recently released Skyblock which is in a sense survival, and if you want the survival aspect of Minecraft they have done an AMAZING job with skyblock by adding some very unique aspects while keeping it mostly survival. If you want to play survival there are plenty of survival based servers that would be great, but I dont believe that it fits the minigame style that CCG has had since its beginning. And finally with survival comes toxicity, because there will be pvp, and there will be hackers, and these lead people (especially younger children, which this server has many) to be victims to hackers and lose their hard work, I just don't think that's what CCG wants to be part of their server (correct me if I'm wrong lol). This leads into my final point, scammers, survival is full of scams, people will do anything for items, and honestly, the staff team isn't big enough to deal with all their current responsibilities, AND deal with constant scam reports. So for these reasons I voted no.
dang, this ended up being longer than my essay for lit, sorry lol.
These are quite good points, I agree that the server might not be quite large enough to handle the hackers as well as storage space required. Thank you for your input!

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
I completely agree to what @ItzEnd3r said,
I'd like to add that there will be x-ray hackers, and griefers too… Just like ItzEnd3r said again, the staff-team is too small to handle all of this, especially if they also had to check if everything said is true.. because mostly you can't catch someone live while grieving, and reporting someone you don't know would be kinda useless.
Besides… SkyBlock needs a lot of attention by its community too now :)

Reactions: CommonNonsense

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
UHC was a like a survival mode but with pvp.
Skyblock is our current survival but it’s in the sky:D
I don’t understand why any server should add a vanilla survival while you can play it always alone/with friends if it’s a realm.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom