Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ok, so if you look at my profile page, you'll notice that I don't follow a lot of people. Now, there are lots of people who post great content/ideas to the forums, and the reason why I don't follow more people is because I don't really see the point. Because of that, I have some suggestions for the following feature.

- More notifications
If I follow someone, it's because I'm interested in their content, so I want to know when the post something. There need to be options to get alerts when someone you follow posts a thread/message, likes someone else's content, or when someone writes a message on their profile.

This is the menu in the settings that you can toggle to choose what you get notifications for
1607096494374.png

I have some ideas for more options, so here they are.

- Someone you follow posts a thread
- Someone you follow posts a message.
- Someone you follow reacts to someone else's message.
- Someone you follow receives a reactions on one of their threads/messages
- Someone posts a message on the profile page of someone you follow

So those are all the ones I can think of. If you have more ideas, let me know and I can edit them in :) Also, sorry for so many "Someone you follow" lol.

Thanks,
Owl

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Good idea +1 I think it would have more meaning to follow someone but you could still go around following a lot of people because it is toggleable

Reactions: 404Owl

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
Yea people who follow like 100 people would probably toggle most of these off, but it would still be a nice feature.
Ya cuz I follow ppl who I wouldn’t necessarily want to see every time they post a message maybe they are staff or rlly active ppl.
I also think you should be able to toggle for each person instead of the entire group of people that you are following.

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
Yea people who follow like 100 people would probably toggle most of these off, but it would still be a nice feature.
It's always possible to make it that you have to press a special button to follow someone and get notifications from them and not right away when you press the 'follow' button.
Great suggestion!

Reactions: wxzzrd and 404Owl

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I do like the idea about giving following an extra purpose and I do agree with your suggestion. However there is 1 thing I want to mention:
- Make it possible to choose from which players you follow which content you want to see. I’m following multiple players because I really like their suggestion, but I don’t feel like to get a notification every time they receives a like/reaction. If it could be possible to choose for everyone you’re following which alerts you would receive, I would agree. Otherwise my alerts will be spammed, which I don’t want to see.

Reactions: 404Owl

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I guess you don't get alerts from it, but doesn't most of what you're asking for already exist in the News feed?

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Im pretty sure that just shows the latest postings, not just postings for people you follow. I'll double check though.
No, I only follow like 4 people and they're the only ones in my news feed.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I went ahead and implement it for you, the notifications are not there cause you’d be flooded I hope you understand:3

• Wow
Reactions: xHappyMood

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I went ahead and implement it for you, the notifications are not there cause you’d be flooded I hope you understand:3
wait did u actually implement it or is this a joke I can’t tell but anyways cool to know that it’s already a feature

Grove

Nov 4, 2020
Sinnoh
Nice idea! I don't think I even follow anyone right now, so something like that would give me a good reason to.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
It's a great idea, but I don't know if it's possible as the forums are based off a template hosted by another organization, not made completely from scratch. I agree it should be added if it can, but it might not be able to be added.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom