Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MythicalGod909

Novice Member
May 27, 2020
Invite Mee6 to the server, it will add a ranking system and many more option that are yours to choose, it will also show how how active members are based on there level on the server! 😉

Reactions: Gregeyy

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Hey! Thanks for taking the time to suggest.
I'd advise you to add a poll so the community can express their opinion without replying to the thread.

In my opinion, I don't think this is something the Discord server needs. I'm sure the team will be working hard in creating an own Discord Bot designed specifically for the network over the next months.

Have a nice day! :heart:

Reactions: Lyriie

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I personally dislike having something like levelling on our server. As we have around 20,000 members, it'll get very messy very quickly if everyone has a different level to each other when, realistically, it only shows how much they're message. It sorta reflects that if someone wants to join our Discord community that there is a barrier to entry for it, as someone who is level 63 would have "more respect" than someone who is level 1. We're all accepting for new community members, and I feel like something like this may deter them.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I personally dislike having something like levelling on our server. As we have around 20,000 members, it'll get very messy very quickly if everyone has a different level to each other when, realistically, it only shows how much they're message. It sorta reflects that if someone wants to join our Discord community that there is a barrier to entry for it, as someone who is level 63 would have "more respect" than someone who is level 1. We're all accepting for new community members, and I feel like something like this may deter them.
Adding rankings and levels won't cause an atmosphere of social status, or act like there's a barrier for joining at all. How do I know this? Years upon years of experience of being on Discord. I've been the high message count/level person on servers, as well as the low level brand new person on servers and not once have I felt excluded, left out or disrespected because of my level. People already compare messages on cube often anyway and I don't get this sort of a feeling at all. In fact, despite having as it stands the 3rd most messages on the server, I'm not one of the most respected, liked or well known person at all on the Discord. I'm constantly meeting new people who have far less messages than me and know it who are more well known, respected and cared about. I can see why you could possibly believe this but in practice it is most definitely not a thing.
It would just become very chaotic adding bots to a Discord server of it's size. It is a great idea but bots can just become overwhelming.
How would it become chaotic/overwhelming? Bots don't post in chat every 5 seconds, or make everything go wack rainbow colours. Even if it did do something like giving people colours based on levels, that doesn't look messy at all (coming from experience with seeing and using hundreds of different servers. Literally all that bots will change in practice is that they'll appear in the user list as well as they'll need an extra channel for commands, which will be completely separate from other channels and you can just mute and ignore all you want.
In my opinion, I don't think this is something the Discord server needs. I'm sure the team will be working hard in creating an own Discord Bot designed specifically for the network over the next months.
No Discord server needs a bot. This doesn't mean that they aren't great additions to the server. They add more things to do and more ways to enjoy yourself on Discord, at essentially no cost. I don't see why you wouldn't add one.
I think this just encourages spam.
As much as it might seem like that, in practice this rarely happens. Every single Discord server I've been on there have been next to no/minimal incidents of spam and even when there was someone trying to spam and increase their level, it is extremely easily dealt with - especially with the tools that bots like mee6 can have.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Tripleee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday eef
Top Bottom