Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Aug 5, 2017
I respond to this because it is the main one, I wanted to say that it should not spam in a post of yours, since as I said, that is spam, I would advise you to edit your message and not write more messages in your thread
It is spam if I reply to others in this thread? Another weird rule, in all other forums I know, it is perfectly fine if you respond to the replies of others even in a thread that you started yourself. Replying via main post? Do others still get an alert then for being quoted? Because otherwise they would only stumble upon my response by chance.

Idk what you're talking about. As regards to the staff members' ages, 4 are 15 and the other 14. Pretty sure there are other staff under 16 whose ages are not specified.
As a reason for censoring swear words etc. it has been stated/is a common reasoning that there is children playing on the server who shouldn't be exposed to this kind of stuff. Clearly, some people think that very young people need to be protected and sheltered from that, which shows that they have neither trust in young people to be reasonable nor do they respect them, which they show by belittling and patronizing them. This is something that goes beyond this server, actually.

Now, about the ages: Those staff members are still barely below 16. I chose "below 16" as a number, but what I am mostly referring to is children of the ages 12 and less, while for those between 12 and 16 it is not rare to still be treated like they are 10 or something. I think it is rather obvious that I referred less to very specific ages and more to a nebulous age range, a period in one's life where one is often patronized.

Efcluke95

Jul 11, 2016
wherever she is
twitter.com
i don't believe that the cubecraft staff think users are stupid but there are people of 9 or 10 years that play in cubecraft i believe that if your name is unusual is very probable that some people take the name like offensive but also I believe that cubecraft have to send a warning to the user Instead of directly banning the user

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
i don't believe that the cubecraft staff think users are stupid but there are people of 9 or 10 years that play in cubecraft i believe that if your name is unusual is very probable that some people take the name like offensive but also I believe that cubecraft have to send a warning to the user Instead of directly banning the user
The name "Christian Morales" offends me. Do you think you deserve to be banned?

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
As a reason for censoring swear words etc. it has been stated/is a common reasoning that there is children playing on the server who shouldn't be exposed to this kind of stuff. Clearly, some people think that very young people need to be protected and sheltered from that, which shows that they have neither trust in young people to be reasonable nor do they respect them, which they show by belittling and patronizing them. This is something that goes beyond this server, actually.

Now, about the ages: Those staff members are still barely below 16. I chose "below 16" as a number, but what I am mostly referring to is children of the ages 12 and less, while for those between 12 and 16 it is not rare to still be treated like they are 10 or something. I think it is rather obvious that I referred less to very specific ages and more to a nebulous age range, a period in one's life where one is often patronized.
Swearing isn't allowed as some kids are extremely impressionable and will say those words if they hear them/their parents don't want them to know those words exist but not all kids are like that. You're still accusing the staff of generalising ppl bc of their age (which some staff members are those ages) as dumb, unconscious to all danger and completely dependent on being near a responsible adult at all times. I've been at home on my own sometimes ever since I was 12.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
The name "Christian Morales" offends me. Do you think you deserve to be banned?
The name HScozzy offends a giant group of people
Ban Him, Ban Him, Ban Him
What I am trying to say is you that things that aren't usually deemed offensive to all or a big group are more what can call for a ban
Just saying I am offended by someone's name with no other major group or majority agreeing that is deemed offensive means it isn't really deemed offensive

Aug 5, 2017
What the hell is offensive about my name?

Swearing isn't allowed as some kids are extremely impressionable and will say those words if they hear them/their parents don't want them to know those words exist but not all kids are like that. You're still accusing the staff of generalising ppl bc of their age (which some staff members are those ages) as dumb, unconscious to all danger and completely dependent on being near a responsible adult at all times. I've been at home on my own sometimes ever since I was 12.
Oh I knew this was coming, it is such an obvious argument. Now, those parents that don't want them to know those words exist are... unreasonable, in my opinion. The kids will learn of those words no matter what happens, sooner or later. Besides... what is the point of not wanting them to know those words? Does a puppy die everytime someone says a swear word? I didn't think so. This is exactly the issue... people patronize, try to create "safe spaces". Infringe on liberty in the name of protection against that which noone needs protection from. It is ridiculous. The parents you describe seem very childish to me.

So now there is suddenly staff members you know of that are even younger, 7, 8 maybe? Meanwhile you pointed out yourself that it is true and children can be reasonable and independent to a degree that is largely underestimated by those that overly shelter them. The helicopter parents are the issue here.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
The name HScozzy offends a giant group of people
Ban Him, Ban Him, Ban Him
What I am trying to say is you that things that aren't usually deemed offensive to all or a big group are more what can call for a ban
Just saying I am offended by someone's name with no other major group or majority agreeing that is deemed offensive means it isn't really deemed offensive
Thanks for proving my point. I completely agree with you, if the server banned people for just "his name offends me plz ban" that would be ridiculous.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
What the hell is offensive about my name?

Oh I knew this was coming, it is such an obvious argument. Now, those parents that don't want them to know those words exist are... unreasonable, in my opinion. The kids will learn of those words no matter what happens, sooner or later. Besides... what is the point of not wanting them to know those words? Does a puppy die everytime someone says a swear word? I didn't think so. This is exactly the issue... people patronize, try to create "safe spaces". Infringe on liberty in the name of protection against that which noone needs protection from. It is ridiculous. The parents you describe seem very childish to me.

So now there is suddenly staff members you know of that are even younger, 7, 8 maybe? Meanwhile you pointed out yourself that it is true and children can be reasonable and independent to a degree that is largely underestimated by those that overly shelter them. The helicopter parents are the issue here.
Ok its obvious that in 2017 kids will inevitably find out about the existence of swear words, whether their parents are ok with it or not. The staff are not patronizing, they're trying to keep bullying on the server to a minimum and banning swearing is a way to make bullying harder.
Anyone who applies for staff needs to be at least 13 years old as players who are 13 or older are much more likely to be mature enough for the role than players who are 12 or younger, so no, idk any staff members who are 7.

Reactions: Gatsbe
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on Fodjdkd999's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you need help with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member! :D
Reesle wrote on jtdogzone6843's profile.
Welcome to the Forums!! :)
UncleSpect wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
Top Bottom