Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Aug 5, 2017
Good evening my dear friends,

I would like to suggest that you change something. To be more accurate, banning people for having a name such as mine is quite laughable.

I could go on now, but it would only give you more "reasons" (if you can even remotely call it that) to censor this. It is very likely because based on what you've just shown me, there is no, literally no reason at all for me to assume that you are even remotely capable of taking criticism without throwing a tantrum, because that would require maturity, respect towards others and an open mind. And don't tell me about how I probably "damage children's minds" with my name or something. You are assuming that children are incapable of reasoning and thinking for themselves and easily take psychological damage. In fact, any Cubecraft players who are below 16 should be made aware of the fact that you, the server staff, do not take them seriously or respect them in any way, and that you, the server staff, instead assume that they are stupid.

Last edited:
F

Facelurite

So you were banned for the name Kush? Its ridiculous , wiki states its the name of a mountain and means 'happy'

Cannabis indica is purple kush , which i believe is used in labs only? I googled this stuff up a long time ago .

Even I have been banned for my name previously. The word kush does not intoxicate anyone's mind , although the drug may have its effects on the nervous system. I truly believe your ban was not justified.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
When it comes to weed related stuff it really depends on which Staff saw the report. I asked a Staff member a while back if a cannabis Optifine cape could be considered as inappropriate and they said "I wouldn't ban for it". Not sure if they currently think different about it.

Reactions: hgbf
F

Facelurite

When it comes to weed related stuff it really depends on which Staff saw the report. I asked a Staff member a while back if a cannabis Optifine cape could be considered as inappropriate and they said "I wouldn't ban for it". Not sure if they currently think different about it.
Because they obviously are not allowed to ban capes. Staff should be more transparent , perhaps make reports public ? Easier to hold them accountable and have a uniform system of judgement.

Reactions: Lilleh__
Aug 5, 2017
My name is CannabisIndica, which is one of the 3 species of Cannabis. Purple Kush is one of many strains that encompass the 3 species of the plant. There is nothing even remotely offensive about this. In fact, I chose this name not because I heavily associate with drugs but because it opens up a vast amount of jokes and memes for me to tell on servers for the amusement of others and myself.
Thanks for your support, Sylvaly, very much appreciated. ^^

I am NOT willing to change my name, because on other servers this name is my identity and what I am known by and I especially do not see an issue with this name.

I don't remember the staff's name, it happened very suddenly. All I read was that he said something along the lines of "too much weed, man", or something like that. Not sure, maybe that was someone else.

F

Facelurite

Technically it's just another plant apart from being a part of meme culture . Should not be bannable just because of its negative egfects of the human body. I mean , everything around us has the potential to be lethal , doesnt mean that certain names ahould be bannable. I have a feeling LucianYOLO banned you , idk how , just a strong feeling.

Aug 5, 2017
The saddest thing is probably that I am most likely considered a radical for thinking there should be no censorship at all. Why can't there just be a plugin for servers, or something by Mojang, which filters chat content based on age. So, if a person below 12 plays on a Minecraft server, messages that contain too many swear words would be automatically filtered. But even that is too much, in my opinion. I am wondering when people will ever realize that swear words and mentioning drugs etc. won't damage their children. Children ain't stupid. Just because I have a name that refers to a drug doesn't mean kids suddenly overdose on Heroin inside a train station toilet. Someone saying FUCK or SHIT won't turn children into maniacal monsters. They will probably just laugh. In fact, they do. When they hear swear words, they usually laugh. And if a child is sensitive and can't take it, its parents should install a mod that automatically filters those messages. But stop infringing on the right to free expression. I don't care if there is no constitution for video games that gives you the right to freedom of expression.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 I doubt the majority of kids will know what cannabis is and just having the name of a drug as your name will not encourage kids that do know what it is to do that drug.
any Cubecraft players who are below 16 should be made aware of the fact that you do not take them seriously or respect them in any way, and that you instead assume that they are stupid.
There are staff on here who are under 16, you do know? (talking about @Cynamooo @Marieke2001 @Nikoshka @Unstrafeless and @Younisco as they could take offence to you saying under 16s shouldn't be taken srsly or respected and assumed to be stupid so I highly advise against anyone taking that advice)

Reactions: CannabisIndica
D

Deleted member 169486

Someone saying FUCK or SHIT won't turn children into maniacal monsters.
Please keep in mind that this is still a server that children play on, so try and keep the language to a minimum.

Regarding the rest of your post, it really depends on the staff member that looked at the report. Some may find your name offensive while others may not. Marijuana is currently a controversial topic and a username like yours may begin an argument which may lead up to flame war, which is not necessary. I personally do not see your username as being an issue, but that is not really my choice.

Aug 5, 2017
+1 I doubt the majority of kids will know what cannabis is and just having the name of a drug as your name will not encourage kids that do know what it is to do that drug.

There are staff on here who are under 16, you do know? (talking about @Cynamooo @Marieke2001 @Nikoshka @Unstrafeless and @Younisco as they could take offence to you saying under 16s shouldn't be taken srsly or respected and assumed to be stupid so I highly advise against anyone taking that advice)
Uh, I never said that. What I said is that the server staff doesn't seem to take people below 16 seriously or respect them at all. I guess I should clarify that by editing the post to point that out. This apparent lack of respect towards younger people is one of the things I criticize...

@AnonymousVoter: I have never seen a flame war started by my name. I also want to point out that the majority of Minecraft players are young people, who usually either do not know what exactly Marijuana is yet, don't care about it or think it should be legal, or possibly even consume it themselves.

Fun fact: Today, on CUBECRAFT, there was someone who said they were below 18 and smoked weed, and I advised them to stop smoking it, at least for now, because it isn't healthy. I assume staff can follow all chat history and private messaging of the last at least 12 hours, meaning if this wasn't true it could be proven. So no, I am not making this up.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Uh, I never said that. What I said is that the server staff doesn't seem to take people below 16 seriously or respect them at all.
That is bs. There are FIVE STAFF MEMBERS under the age of 16, which I tagged when I called you out for that.
Fun fact: Today, on CUBECRAFT, there was someone who said they were below 18 and smoked weed, and I advised them to stop smoking it, at least for now, because it isn't healthy. I assume staff can follow all chat history and private messaging of the last at least 12 hours, meaning if this wasn't true it could be proven. So no, I am not making this up.
Now that is a good thing to do.

Aug 5, 2017
That is bs. There are FIVE STAFF MEMBERS under the age of 16, which I tagged when I called you out for that.
Well if they DO take people below 16 serious, why do they act as if those people needed to be sheltered and couldn't think for themselves? That does quite frankly not make sense. How old are those staff members, exactly, anyways?

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Because they obviously are not allowed to ban capes
They used to ban people for inappropriate capes but that's not the point.
The point I'm actually trying to make is that Weed related stuff isn't really inappropriate enough to get you banned.

Pitufo01

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2017
A Little Village Somewhere inPortugal
Good evening my dear friends,

I would like to suggest that you change something. To be more accurate, banning people for having a name such as mine is quite laughable.

I could go on now, but it would only give you more "reasons" (if you can even remotely call it that) to censor this. It is very likely because based on what you've just shown me, there is no, literally no reason at all for me to assume that you are even remotely capable of taking criticism without throwing a tantrum, because that would require maturity, respect towards others and an open mind. And don't tell me about how I probably "damage children's minds" with my name or something. You are assuming that children are incapable of reasoning and thinking for themselves and easily take psychological damage. In fact, any Cubecraft players who are below 16 should be made aware of the fact that you, the server staff, do not take them seriously or respect them in any way, and that you, the server staff, instead assume that they are stupid.

I respond to this because it is the main one, I wanted to say that it should not spam in a post of yours, since as I said, that is spam, I would advise you to edit your message and not write more messages in your thread

B

Britney Spears

I think it's ridiculous to ban someone for having a name related to drugs or whatsoever, what's even more funny is that your name's just a certain specy of the drug, not like you're supporting the use of drugs or something with a name like "LetsDoCannabis". I hope they'll take a second look and make clearer rules whether a name is inappropriate or not cause there's just too much confusion honestly.

D

Deleted member 169486

I think it's ridiculous to ban someone for having a name related to drugs or whatsoever, what's even more funny is that your name's just a certain specy of the drug, not like you're supporting the use of drugs or something with a name like "LetsDoCannabis". I hope they'll take a second look and make clearer rules whether a name is inappropriate or not cause there's just too much confusion honestly.
They need better clarification on pretty much every rule

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Because they obviously are not allowed to ban capes. Staff should be more transparent , perhaps make reports public ? Easier to hold them accountable and have a uniform system of judgement.
They used too
The rule at 1 point were no inappropriate names, skins, or capes but they removed the caped part

As for the "problem" if I can even call it that
If your name is something like a slur, a swear, a deadly disease that has a certain context, or a word associated with things such as Nazis it is obvious that isn't going to be allowed
A drug name however is complicated because if your name is something like iSmokeWeed4Fun than I really don't know what you are thinking will come out of that however if it is something like just saying Weed than no I don't think that is fair

However once again it is a matter of opinion
So it really shouldn't be unfair as they may think it is not allowed

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Well if they DO take people below 16 serious, why do they act as if those people needed to be sheltered and couldn't think for themselves? That does quite frankly not make sense. How old are those staff members, exactly, anyways?
Idk what you're talking about. As regards to the staff members' ages, 4 are 15 and the other 14. Pretty sure there are other staff under 16 whose ages are not specified.
I think it's ridiculous to ban someone for having a name related to drugs or whatsoever, what's even more funny is that your name's just a certain specy of the drug, not like you're supporting the use of drugs or something with a name like "LetsDoCannabis".
Agreed. Back in 2015 I played on a small server and on it there was a player who for just over a month his name was "iiSmoke" and I remember them having a rule about names but he didn't get banned. So even names in which a player admits smoking isn't considered encouragement to how is just a drug's name for a name encouragement?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom