Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Meme thread was locked because community feedback indicated that people were sick of clickbait titles on suggestions. Frankly, clickbait titles aren't helpful and actually make it more difficult to review valid suggestions, so yes, title alone is justification for locking a thread whether you agree with it or not. There are also way too many threads posted in suggestions that aren't actually suggestions, it isn't helpful and just adds clutter. There is a section already for discussion, moving discussion topics to it is to help make the forum more usable for everyone. If you have specific threads in mind which you feel have been locked without explanation (note this doesn't mean an explanation you personally disagree with) then feel free to use staff feedback to raise your concerns.

F

Facelurite

Meme thread was locked because community feedback indicated that people were sick of clickbait titles on suggestions. Frankly, clickbait titles aren't helpful and actually make it more difficult to review valid suggestions, so yes, title alone is justification for locking a thread whether you agree with it or not.
When the playerbase consists of teens/childeren, you gotta expect that they’ll never be 100% serious. Sure a non-serious title may hint at the suggestion being poorly thought out, but straight up locking it without even skimming through content is absurd imo at least.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
title alone is justification for locking a thread whether you agree with it or not.
There's also an option to change the title, it's 10 times easier and will save you a lot of drama.
There is a section already for discussion, moving discussion topics to it is to help make the forum more usable for everyone.
Where exactly?
If you have specific threads in mind which you feel have been locked without explanation (note this doesn't mean an explanation you personally disagree with) then feel free to use staff feedback to raise your concerns.
No.
Staff should give us the reason on lock. That's the whole idea behind the suggestion im making.

Last edited:
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
While I do understand your concerns regarding a lock, and the clarity of the reason may be a bit off, you are free to ask them for further reasoning and they should give you an honest answer. I understand that some locks may be unfair at times, but this is an issue to raise either to the staff member who locked the thread, or to staff feedback.

For the request for Winston Churchill skins to be banned, we simply cannot ban people for it. Yes, Churchill may have killed people, but you can
not compare him to someone like Hitler, who killed people out of prejudice.

For feedback, moderators are able to forward suggestions to other staff members and management, and obviously you guys are notified by this too, when we give the thread an “escalated” tag, as well as some feedback. We tend to get responses from people on the staff team, and management will probably take a look at the suggestion - even if they do not respond to it, there’s still that exposure to them. I can assure you, though, that management are trying to take suggestions under their wing and fit them where possible.

If you have further concerns regarding a staff member’s actions, then staff feedback is your place to go. Hope this cleared things up a bit. :)

F

Facelurite

While I do understand your concerns regarding a lock, and the clarity of the reason may be a bit off, you are free to ask them for further reasoning and they should give you an honest answer. I understand that some locks may be unfair at times, but this is an issue to raise either to the staff member who locked the thread, or to staff feedback.

For the request for Winston Churchill skins to be banned, we simply cannot ban people for it. Yes, Churchill may have killed people, but you can
hi i dont want to get into this really, i made that thread hoping i could change the title after implemented tag but

He did kill people out of prejudice... or atleast let them die.

For feedback, moderators are able to forward suggestions to other staff members and management, and obviously you guys are notified by this too, when we give the thread an “escalated” tag, as well as some feedback. We tend to get responses from people on the staff team, and management will probably take a look at the suggestion - even if they do not respond to it, there’s still that exposure to them. I can assure you, though, that management are trying to take suggestions under their wing and fit them where possible.

If you have further concerns regarding a staff member’s actions, then staff feedback is your place to go. Hope this cleared things up a bit. :)
Really nice of you guys to assign escalated tags and all, but a lot of good suggestions still get left out. And proof that you’re listening is in SSurvival and QCraft. However I’d just like management to be more transparent. “Hey were aware of this issue” “hey were coming out with maps soon” They leave us in the dark waaayyy too much. Example 1.12
Weve been asking over a year still no solid response

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
you are free to ask them for further reasoning and they should give you an honest answer
Just a reason in the first place would be nice to start with. Some threads even get locked without any reason at all, that issue was the main intention for this post.
Second step would be to actually give a good reason and don't blame it on silly stuff like 'meme dumping'.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Meme thread was locked because community feedback indicated that people were sick of clickbait titles on suggestions.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dis-is-not-da-wae.203186/#post-948071
Nobody in that thread complained about "clickbait titles". That's a fact.
There are also way too many threads posted in suggestions that aren't actually suggestions, it isn't helpful and just adds clutter.
That has nothing to do with the thread locked for "meme dumping", considering it was indeed a valid suggestion.
If you have specific threads in mind which you feel have been locked without explanation (note this doesn't mean an explanation you personally disagree with) then feel free to use staff feedback to raise your concerns.
Considering you haven't actually explained why you locked that thread since nobody in that thread complained about clickbait and you could also just have changed the title,
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dis-is-not-da-wae.203186/#post-948071

Before you say;
(note this doesn't mean an explanation you personally disagree with)
What I just mentioned wasn't an opinion, it is a fact.

If it was an honest mistake and if you would have done things differently now you can just tell us and you won't owe us an explanation. Remember, we're all for better communication.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Really nice of you guys to assign escalated tags and all, but a lot of good suggestions still get left out. And proof that you’re listening is in SSurvival and QCraft. However I’d just like management to be more transparent. “Hey were aware of this issue” “hey were coming out with maps soon” They leave us in the dark waaayyy too much.
There’s a certain threshold of transparency that they can really go to - they can’t just say “we’re releasing x game with y features” and expect the community to be shocked by the release. It’s a balancing act though.

Reactions: Story
F

Facelurite

There’s a certain threshold of transparency that they can really go to - they can’t just say “we’re releasing x game with y features” and expect the community to be shocked by the release. It’s a balancing act though.
No, not features, but just tell us you’re working on updating the game. That way there is no possible way for anything to get leaked. For ex: eggwars and SG havent had an update for over a year and lack of communication has made us uncertain about whats to come.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
If it was an honest mistake and if you would have done things differently now you can just tell us and you won't owe us an explanation. Remember, we're all for better communication.
Eh, at no point was locking that thread a mistake. You are free to disagree with the reasoning, that doesn't make the reasoning invalid.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Eh, at no point was locking that thread a mistake. You are free to disagree with the reasoning, that doesn't make the reasoning invalid.
"I am right and you are all wrong, you can disagree, but you are wrong".
Talking about good communication...

Also the reason itself "This is a suggestion board, not a meme dump.".
So having a meme in the title makes the entire thread a meme dump? It's way too vague. Again, bad communication from your end.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I think we can all agree that having a suggestion locked without a comment is too little transparency.
According to your previous message, your reasoning is that:
-People complained about clickbait
-There are a lot of suggestions that aren't actually suggestions.

Nobody in the thread complained about clickbait, and the thread was an actual valid suggestion, so your second point is irrelevant.
Considering cold hard facts go above reasoning not backed up by facts, that does make the reasoning invalid.

EVEN IF your reasoning was valid, what was stopping you from changing the title and deleting the "meme dump" comments on the thread instead of locking it altogether even though there was a valid suggestion made?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Stop copying me I said that first.
I saw yours afterward

Also the joke is so obvious it is just who gets to it first
When the playerbase consists of teens/childeren, you gotta expect that they’ll never be 100% serious. Sure a non-serious title may hint at the suggestion being poorly thought out, but straight up locking it without even skimming through content is absurd imo at least.
Bananas

While I see where you are coming from
Well just to say Locked on a very liked suggestion isn’t the best way to tell them that
If you are then the escalated tag is there to help

D

Deleted member 169486

*cough* "This is not the place for a political discussion" *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Top Bottom