Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

R9 Slain

Novice Member
Nov 10, 2020
1. I did not stream snipe you last night because I have no clue who you even are.
He said someone impersonating you xP

Evidence for stream sniping can be between 20 minutes and an hour, depending on the amount of games someone plays in the timespan. This means that it takes a bunch of moderation time, which we currently can’t really expect from moderators.
Why can't it fall under Harassment or Bullying?
They are obviously doing it maliciously to have someone have a horrible experience on the server just for clicking a "Go Live" button

Some people, Teens and young adults like cubecraft that they stream on it because they believe it is fun.
I don't disagree with them there...

But the cubecraft community is VERY toxic and there is a lot of horrible people like those people stream sniping, teaming, or even hacking against the streamers just to make them feel bad, sad and down about themselves.
It just makes them feel like they don't want to stream anymore, or even play cubecraft

I disagree with the "20m minutes of gameplay" statement too, because if I were to stream I can link the time stamps of games as well as them typing in my stream chat.
So that 20 minutes of gameplay can change into a 5minute report.

Then again, bug reports would take a similar time or even more than this as well.

We understand that, but at this time we don't have the resources to make it a global rule. Maybe in the late future when we might be able to add a similar rule but for the time being the rule only applies to Partners.
Make a format for it, like said above

Make it a rule that the Reporter MUST give all time stamps as well as messages in chats!

R9 Slain

Novice Member
Nov 10, 2020
(Last edited: Jul 31, 2021)

you were a bit late to the conversation...
smhmhmh

Eggward is disappointed
1628615116701.png

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Why can't it fall under Harassment or Bullying?
They are obviously doing it maliciously to have someone have a horrible experience on the server just for clicking a "Go Live" button

Some people, Teens and young adults like cubecraft that they stream on it because they believe it is fun.
I don't disagree with them there...

But the cubecraft community is VERY toxic and there is a lot of horrible people like those people stream sniping, teaming, or even hacking against the streamers just to make them feel bad, sad and down about themselves.
It just makes them feel like they don't want to stream anymore, or even play cubecraft

I disagree with the "20m minutes of gameplay" statement too, because if I were to stream I can link the time stamps of games as well as them typing in my stream chat.
So that 20 minutes of gameplay can change into a 5minute report.

Then again, bug reports would take a similar time or even more than this as well.
Doesn’t matter where it falls under, more so that it takes a long time to review the evidence. If a player is being attacked, it’s not immediately stream sniping, even if its in 3 games in a row + without a spectator POV its even harder to make the evidence conclusive. The 20 minutes of evidence is not a statement, it’s a fact since moderators are already allowed to punish partners that are being stream sniped. I’ve checked out reports myself a few times and the longest it took me to punish someone with conclusive evidence was 1.5-2 hours, since they were playing in big eggwars teams. I watched the stream for 2 hours, to see if the players were really stream sniping. Generally its much more shorter, but this does often happen when players are very on the edge with their behavior. 5 minutes is definitely nowhere near enough to get someone punished for the first time for stream sniping, that generally needs more evidence.
I’m also not quite sure what bug reports have to do with this suggestion?

The hardest part is proving that players are stream sniping, as they’d need to run to the streamer their base immediately in a few games + it can’t be a coincidence. Raw evidence helps the most in these cases, where timestamps could lead to incorrect opinions/biased evidence imo.

Last edited:

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Just going to say that on Flironic's stream last night, his title was "Come Stream Snipe Me".
If they're okay with it, it's allowed.
Them's the rules.

R9 Slain

Novice Member
Nov 10, 2020
The hardest part is proving that players are stream sniping, as they’d need to run to the streamer their base immediately in a few games + it can’t be a coincidence. Raw evidence helps the most in these cases, where timestamps could lead to incorrect opinions/biased evidence imo.
Exactly, so if you got a 1hour stream, and they do it 4 games in a row

Besides watching the whole game, you can look at the players behaviour at the start and after

Examples:
Player targets Streamer off spawn,
Player Leaves Fight A to team against streamer in Fight B
Player passes up other Players to target streamer
Player leaves the match after breaking and killing streamer
Player is waiting in lobby next to the streamers gamemode
Player is typing in Stream chat and is the one sniping in game

You don't need to watch the entire game to figure out what is happening, you can watch the before the game starts, when the game starts, and after the ending.

And what happens when the players stream sniping are literally told to stop stream sniping or they will get reported?

What if the streamer asks them repeatedly to go away and stop sniping them? Isn't that harassment at that point and they should be looked at in a more extensive way?

I think it's horrible that a lot of these people get away with this stuff especially on smaller streamers. They have nobody to help them and I feel terrible for the OP because I know what it's like.

It sucks, and you can't do anything about it

Atleast the bigger streamers have access to
/nick
And I believe something that shows there Actual name in chat over their /nick name

But these smaller streamers have nothing and the only thing they can do about it is to just end the stream

They don't even have a "Streamer Mode" in game like in Fortnite or Apex legends where it will say

Reaper[425] Killed SunStrider[047]

or Mirage[247] Knocked Valkyrie[225]

Not even a jumble text name that would say like

01ekemi20ari over Marieke2001

the only thing they could do is disable chat, but by then the player can just do @{streamer} in game chat to see if they got into the same lobby

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Atleast the bigger streamers have access to
/nick
And I believe something that shows there Actual name in chat over their /nick name
What about bedrock? I don't think there's a /nick in bedrock.

But here's my opinion. If the streamer allows stream sniping, then you can do it, otherwise it's a bannable offence. It'll be hard for Sentinel to detect this because they have to check the stream to see if there's any text that says stream sniping is on. And it could ban people for no reason. So it should only be a staff ban, not a Sentinel ban.

R9 Slain

Novice Member
Nov 10, 2020
What about bedrock? I don't think there's a /nick in bedrock.
there is
But here's my opinion. If the streamer allows stream sniping, then you can do it, otherwise it's a bannable offence.
That's how it's been, and always will beT
It'll be hard for Sentinel to detect this because they have to check the stream to see if there's any text that says stream sniping is on. And it could ban people for no reason. So it should only be a staff ban, not a Sentinel ban.
Sentinel doesn't handle these reports, moderators do.
Sentinel doesn't handle half the reports for a reason because it's things only a person can see

same with Xteaming, reach, AltMods like ESP, Minimap, Aimbot(assisted) and others

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom