Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jigglemuffin

Dec 30, 2020
[Edited because of Fake Accounts, both Minecraft and Youtube]

I understand that some people like to stream snipe, and some creators enable this. But for me, a smaller content creator, it makes it a bit rough to play anything. Stream sniping is only disallowed when doing it to people with the YouTube rank.

Last night, I had someone [impersonating] a youtuber named Team Termite. I asked some admins and yep, he's allowed to do that.

This seems very unfair. I have multiple clips of him [and his fake account] in my chat and also targeting me in games. The rule of 'you can stream snipe as long as they dont have youtube rank' is pretty stupid IMO. I'd like to see this changed sometime soon, because that stuff should not be allowed.

TL;DR - You can stream snipe people who don't have YouTube rank. I had [someone impersonating] a youtuber (Team Termite) sniping me on stream last night. This should be changed, and sometime soon.

Last edited:

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Hello there,

I don't think this is a great idea as there are hundreds, if not even thousands of content creators on Cubecraft who currently don't have the Youtube rank, and implementing your idea would lead to many innocent people who don't care about small content creators enough to be aware of their existence getting banned for "Stream Sniping". If you want to avoid being stream sniped, you can try one of the following strategies: using an alt account and hiding your username from the chat (not completely sure if it works on Bedrock tho), hiding your screen while you're joining a game, or just completely destroying the stream snipers, which will lead to them eventually stopping.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your suggestion.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Ok so 2 things,

1. I did not stream snipe you last night because I have no clue who you even are.

2. It would be impossible for me to stream snipe you last night because I was also live on MY OWN channel gathering clips for a montage (go ahead and look at my channel. I was live for almost 2 hours).

As for your suggestion, I think that in very EXTREME circumstances it should be punishable for regular players. For example a player named RealJayCG who does not have YouTube rank went 3 streams in a row being sniped, lobby hopped, and cross teamed on by 2 snipers. It was basically harassment. When he would die to the snipers they would immediately leave the game and wait to snipe him for the next game.

This though would be hard to moderate. Even for the stream sniping rule for us content creators we need LOTS of evidence to make a report. I don’t think it would really be worth the time.

Jigglemuffin

Dec 30, 2020
Ok so 2 things,

1. I did not stream snipe you last night because I have no clue who you even are.

2. It would be impossible for me to stream snipe you last night because I was also live on MY OWN channel gathering clips for a montage (go ahead and look at my channel. I was live for almost 2 hours).

As for your suggestion, I think that in very EXTREME circumstances it should be punishable for regular players. For example a player named RealJayCG who does not have YouTube rank went 3 streams in a row being sniped, lobby hopped, and cross teamed on by 2 snipers. It was basically harassment. When he would die to the snipers they would immediately leave the game and wait to snipe him for the next game.

This though would be hard to moderate. Even for the stream sniping rule for us content creators we need LOTS of evidence to make a report. I don’t think it would really be worth the time.
in addition to you LITERALLY BEING IN MY CHAT, I was live ~2 hours before you were.

Attachments

• termite you liar.png
    termite you liar.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 186

Jigglemuffin

Dec 30, 2020
I understand that some people like to stream snipe, and some creators enable this. But for me, a smaller content creator, it makes it a bit rough to play anything. Stream sniping is only disallowed when doing it to people with the YouTube rank.

Last night, I had someone with a YouTube rank sniping my stream (Team Termite). I asked some admins and yep, he's allowed to do that.

This seems very unfair. I have multiple clips of him in my chat and also targeting me in games. The rule of 'you can stream snipe as long as they dont have youtube rank' is pretty stupid IMO. I'd like to see this changed sometime soon, because that stuff should not be allowed.

TL;DR - You can stream snipe people who don't have YouTube rank. I had a youtuber (Team Termite) sniping me on stream last night. This should be changed, and sometime soon.
I do know that this would be difficult to implement. I'm suggesting like if someone is very obviously targeting, i.e. being in your chat and saying 'im trying to snipe' (some people actually do this :/) then they get like a kick or temp ban.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
in addition to you LITERALLY BEING IN MY CHAT, I was live ~2 hours before you were.
That's a fake Team Termite account. I was not in your chat as I don't even know what your channel is. Also, what was the name of the account that was stream sniping you?

Jigglemuffin

Dec 30, 2020
That's a fake Team Termite account. I was not in your chat as I don't even know what your channel is. Also, what was the name of the account that was stream sniping you?
sorry, its very hard to tell as you can't find someones channel via yt chat. the account name was team termite k or something.

I did try to check if there were fake 'team termite' channels, and I could not find any.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
sorry, its very hard to tell as you can't find someones channel via yt chat. the account name was team termite k or something.
I do not own any other minecraft account apart from "RelatedNoobs". If you want to verify it is really me next time, ask to see my [YouTuber] tag and I will talk in chat showing the prefix to prove its me. If the account sniping you who claims to be me cannot show you they have the [YouTuber] prefix they are fake. I am sorry this has happened to you and I understand how frustrating fake accounts can be. I will report them for impersonation though.

Jigglemuffin

Dec 30, 2020
I do not own any other minecraft account apart from "RelatedNoobs". If you want to verify it is really me next time, ask to see my [YouTuber] tag and I will talk in chat showing the prefix to prove its me. If the account sniping you who claims to be me cannot show you they have the [YouTuber] prefix they are fake. I am sorry this has happened to you and I understand how frustrating fake accounts can be. I will report them for impersonation though.
Thank you, sorry for the hassle.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs
D

Deleted member 347571

I agree that 'snipers' should be possible since they only want to annoy regular players or want to be toxic on their main or alt acocunt. Let's be honest, in FFA it happens a lot even in smaller games it happens a lot because the playercount is lower. And yes it's hard to report but after a while people might stop doing it because they're scared of the consequences.

If i had an alt i could easily snipe a lot of players on cubecraft without any effort, you could friend them yourself on your main and then snipe their games on your alt so you can see where they join, you could ask one of your friends to check where they join. If you're live on twitch then it doesn't matter if you have an alt or not, people can see when you make a kill and then find out who you are, it's easier as a youtuber to avoid getting sniped.

Something should be done against alting as well, it only brings problems and toxicity, you can be toxic on your alt with a VPN, nobody cares about their alt anyways with other words they can be toxic as much as they want. Alts is causing streamsniping, bypassing, hacking, mute bypassing and catfishing.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
We are aware that 'Streamsniping' is an issue and we are currently working on ways to improve and prevent 'streamsniping' from happening in the future. Currently, 'streamsniping' is only punishable if a streamer is a Partner and CLEARLY states that they don't want to be sniped. These changes will include new features to the Partner rank and changes being made to the /nick command which is available to all partners and staff to make it much much harder for players to try and snipe others when in a stream.

If you are interested in joining our Partner program you can view all the requirements at https://cbecrft.net/yt

D

Deleted member 347571

We are aware that 'Streamsniping' is an issue and we are currently working on ways to improve and prevent 'streamsniping' from happening in the future. Currently, 'streamsniping' is only punishable if a streamer is a Partner and CLEARLY states that they don't want to be sniped. These changes will include new features to the Partner rank and changes being made to the /nick command which is available to all partners and staff to make it much much harder for players to try and snipe others when in a stream.

If you are interested in joining our Partner program you can view all the requirements at https://cbecrft.net/yt
I agree that 'snipers' should be possible since they only want to annoy regular players or want to be toxic on their main or alt acocunt. Let's be honest, in FFA it happens a lot even in smaller games it happens a lot because the playercount is lower. And yes it's hard to report but after a while people might stop doing it because they're scared of the consequences.

If i had an alt i could easily snipe a lot of players on cubecraft without any effort, you could friend them yourself on your main and then snipe their games on your alt so you can see where they join, you could ask one of your friends to check where they join. If you're live on twitch then it doesn't matter if you have an alt or not, people can see when you make a kill and then find out who you are, it's easier as a youtuber to avoid getting sniped.

Something should be done against alting as well, it only brings problems and toxicity, you can be toxic on your alt with a VPN, nobody cares about their alt anyways with other words they can be toxic as much as they want. Alts is causing streamsniping, bypassing, hacking, mute bypassing and catfishing.
It's also annoying for regular players, not just creators.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
It's also annoying for regular players, not just creators.
We understand that, but at this time we don't have the resources to make it a global rule. Maybe in the late future when we might be able to add a similar rule but for the time being the rule only applies to Partners.

D

Deleted member 347571

We understand that, but at this time we don't have the resources to make it a global rule. Maybe in the late future when we might be able to add a similar rule but for the time being the rule only applies to Partners.
Why would you need resources that add a rule?

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Yesterday a YouTuber called Flironic played Mega Eggwars on stream allowing stream sniping. Just decided to bring that to light.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Says a mod ;)
Evidence for stream sniping can be between 20 minutes and an hour, depending on the amount of games someone plays in the timespan. This means that it takes a bunch of moderation time, which we currently can’t really expect from moderators.

Reactions: Egg🥚
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom