Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No(explain why)

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
Cubecraft could add kind of “filter” to remove messages like “ez” “L” or strong language. and when you try to say ez, the server will change it for a funny message, for example, you are very good. or something like that.

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Cubecraft had a chat filter before, but it ends up everyone is just complaining about the chat filter and normal words in a certain language are blocked because of another language. There is still kind of a chat filter, with the current chat filter you can see your own message but others can't. I don't know if "ez" and "L" are blocked, but "noob" is blocked if I'm right. You will always have toxicity in chats...

Fiefens

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2019
Cubecraft could add kind of “filter” to remove messages like “ez” “L” or strong language. and when you try to say ez, the server will change it for a funny message, for example, you are very good. or something like that.

Here are some options for you:

1: Be kind to them. There are going to be toxic people in this world. Just dont be one of them. If you die, say "lol". You have probably heard this a thousand times, but treat people kindly, and they might become kind too.

2: Report them on the ReportSite. Toxic people are like a virus. The more you encounter them, the more likely it is to spread and create even more toxic people. Reporting them gives them a likely warning, thus keeping them from being toxic and spreading toxicity itself.

3: Deal with it. The best solution by far, remember that toxic people cant hurt you unless you let them.

Please, everyone, get over suggesting chat filter upgrades, and PLEASE no one else suggest that derogatory messages should be replaced with "kind cheerful messages". Thats like saying

"there are rude people on planet earth, so lets inject a chip in them that completely changes whatever they have to say"

Thanks, and take care.

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019

2: Report them on the ReportSite. Toxic people are like a virus. The more you encounter them, the more likely it is to spread and create even more toxic people. Reporting them gives them a likely warning, thus keeping them from being toxic and spreading toxicity itself.

Thanks, and take care.
Reports site doesn’t accept reports like “L” “ez” ):

thats a reason of why cubecraft is dying
i agree. ;/

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
thats a reason of why cubecraft is dying
Yeah sure it's dying because of toxic people..

Anyway, this has been suggested a million times and turned down a million times. If you stumble across someone that's being toxic: ignore them. Either by not paying attention or by literally doing /ignore
They'll find a way to be toxic regardless

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
and when you try to say ez, the server will change it for a funny message, for example, you are very good. or something like that.
This been suggested a lot, including recently: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/cubecraft-problems-v3.224963/
Please check the forums if you have an idea that doesn't sound original to begin with, chances are it's been suggested before, saves you time, saves me time, saves everyone's time.

These are the exact words I wrote under that thread:
"This doesn't work, Other games, such as Overwatch, make use of this exact system (probably where you got the idea from). The results are 1. People bypassing it (you even noted that yourself, there is no difference between "noob" and "noop" , "shit" and "sh*t" or "ez" and "izi". But also, within minutes of playtime everyone in the community will know your "nice sentences" by heart, resulting in them knowing what your actual message said anyways. This then gets exploited, said "nice messages" become toxic ones. Don't believe me? Play 1 game of Overwatch with a toxic kid and you will for sure see a premade sentence come up in chat.

And the minecraft community is waaay worse than that of Overwatch so trust me when I tell you this will get exploited heavily the moment the update drops.
Deleting toxic messages the way they're currently doing is fine, it doesn't resolve the issue, but deleting will always be better than replacing.
imo, they just need to ask some community members (or play on their own server for an hour) to find out what the new slang is for "easy" and "noob" and simply ban those words. Update it monthly or something idk, at least make it harder for us epic gamers to get mad at our opponents."

You're gonna find toxic players in every competetive online videogame, it's part of the gaming community as a whole. Deal with it.

Reactions: remio and zRinne

saztper9

Jan 6, 2020
Yeah sure it's dying because of toxic people..

Anyway, this has been suggested a million times and turned down a million times. If you stumble across someone that's being toxic: ignore them. Either by not paying attention or by literally doing /ignore
They'll find a way to be toxic regardless
its dying because it is dying idk
dont respond to this bad comment pls thx ok

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
This will not work mainly because

People bypassing it

I also liked what was said here, solid gold A+ advice

1: Be kind to them. There are going to be toxic people in this world. Just dont be one of them. If you die, say "lol". You have probably heard this a thousand times, but treat people kindly, and they might become kind too.

3: Deal with it. The best solution by far, remember that toxic people cant hurt you unless you let them.

Please, everyone, get over suggesting chat filter upgrades, and PLEASE no one else suggest that derogatory messages should be replaced with "kind cheerful messages". Thats like saying

"there are rude people on planet earth, so lets inject a chip in them that completely changes whatever they have to say"

Thanks, and take care.

Unfortunetly, you will meet many types of player who vent their frustrations online, because they can't do so in reality.
It was, however, not a bad suggestion and would love to see more coming from you. :)

I will be locking this as there really is not much to say.
Looking forward to your next suggestion(s) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool Forums member!! 🥳✨
Reesle wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
UncleSpect wrote on _EliteDavy's profile.
thank you for the follow my friend! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
Top Bottom