Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Also: As a wise man once said: "Patience is a virtue"
and this is clearly working out great.
When things like custom shields have been in the "Soon" for almost a year, you shouldn't be surprised when people lose faith in the "patience" and "soon" comments.
If Cube's player base doesn't like UHC, so be it. Cube can't force the liking of UHC down their throat.
It isn't only the fact that players don't like UHC, it's that the execution was horrible. the "original worlds" almost nobody liked, then the fact that when they added vanilla worlds, you still couldn't select them but had to hope that map was selected, and not to forget bugs like these:
Same, but I dont play it because you get disconnected when you are in the middle of the game; a bug which hasnt been fixed yet.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
i also kinda agrea with you look at the s*** ton of expensive stuff they have just for a stream:
i dont want my money see get spend on stream stuff. i want to see that they hire 20 devs to make more awesome games!
Hiring more Devs will cost money, but will be worth it for more amazing games. Maybe a new and better version of eggwars? Who knows? ;)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
and this is clearly working out great.
When things like custom shields have been in the "Soon" for almost a year, you shouldn't be surprised when people lose faith in the "patience" and "soon" comments.
So what do you expect them to do now?
Release shields, parkour, some game suggestions and a vanity update all in the course of a week?
There's surely a priority list for them already.

It isn't only the fact that players don't like UHC, it's that the execution was horrible. the "original worlds" almost nobody liked, then the fact that when they added vanilla worlds, you still couldn't select them but had to hope that map was selected, and not to forget bugs like these:
If you look at the average player on the server: Do you expect them to like a game where all damage is only recoverable by regeneration effect?
The bug should've defintely been fixed by now, completely agree with that. However, that still doesn't mean dozens of players will love to play UHC on a daily basis.

i also kinda agrea with you look at the s*** ton of expensive stuff they have just for a stream:
i dont want my money see get spend on stream stuff. i want to see that they hire 20 devs to make more awesome games!
You bought a product from the store. It isn't donating in this case, so they get to do whatever they want with the money. If they spend it on streaming equipment, fine. They get to decide what to do with it.

L

Lightning McQueen

Thy dont say “buy stuff so we can get 10 rolexs” they said its a “donation”. Its completely justified that people want them to spend money on devs instead of streams that nobody watches
Release shields, parkour, some game suggestions and a vanity update all in the course of a week?

If you look at the average player on the server: Do you expect them to like a game where all damage is only recoverable by regeneration effect?
The bug should've defintely been fixed by now, completely agree with that. However, that still doesn't mean dozens of players will love to play UHC on a daily basis.

You bought a product from the store. It isn't donating in this case, so they get to do whatever they want with the money. If they spend it on streaming equipment, fine. They get to decide what to do with it.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I'm sure they aren't wasting money on streaming equipment. Look at their new merch for example. They invested money into t-shirts, posters, mugs and badges. I'm pretty sure all that stuff wasn't cheap. Besides not only the Developers need to get paid. People who work at the office (aka Management) and Builders get paid too you know.

Caaaaarman

Jun 1, 2017
The Cat Store.
www.cubecraft.net
Yes, I agree there is a lot of games that are dead. Blockband was one of them, really one or two people play it. And now in eggwars (lobby 1) there was only 14 players. We need more games.

(Just Wanted to Say, When School Starts there is not many people who play. But in the summer there is a LOT more)

Reactions: Deeds

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
13 games just simply isn't enough.
easier said than done. If you want to help creating games you can apply for developer, but making whole games isn't something a developer can do in 1 day.

Actually read the good suggestions made by the community that people agree with. I absolutely HAAAAATE it when these little "ban this hacker" threads get more attention than incredible suggestions.
That you don't see us replying doesn't mean we don't see it or don't forward it to higher staff.

In a nutshell:
Step up your game Cube, I doubt you will be able to survive as a "big" server for a decent amount of time with that crap in the screenshots. Blockwars, Island Games, UHC. 20 players total. UHC, supposedly one of the most fun game modes there is, but obviously not. 2 players. 2. Just unacceptable.
Come up with some solutions and i'll listen. Complaining about it doesn't help, creating sollutions helps more.

It's hard to find people that want to develop for your server and qualify for most of the things, like being experienced with developing things, working an amount of hours every week, etc. It's just like the grown up world, where you have job applications and etc. I'm not enterily sure how developer applications work, but i'm sure they don't get a lot of good applicants as being a minecraft developer isn't really a known job + it costs money to hire them.

tl;dr hiring 20 developers is easier said than done and we can't create games in a couple days, test and release them.

Reactions: SpringWarz

Pandaa

Forum Expert
Not only does Cubecraft stream for themselves, they also stream for other major companies. Hence the name, Digital Tree Media.

Having more games would be great, though as stated before, easier said than done. CCGN has already released 3 new original games in the past month. Game making is hard and time-taking. You first need to come up with a good and balanced idea. Then the developers need to transfer that idea into the code. When they're done with that, there's testing. So it would at least take two weeks with everybody hard at work to make a game. Do not quote me on this, this was just an ESTIMATION.

Reactions: Marieke2001

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
What Marieke said is true, people need to give devs a break from creating new games. Also devs need plan the game and they have code it and test it before releasing it etc.

(Im trying to make sense here)

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
https://stats.cubecraft.net/ shows us that we only get that amount of players on server down times, when it is 5-9am European time and 11 - 3 am American time, Our player base is mainly European, so as an American you may find that if you log in earlier from 11am to 3pm US time you'll be on along with 10 000+ other players
I get that, but still.
3 of what shohld be really popular games only have 20 players online, while the server has 2,600 players online. Obviously that is at Cube’s low point of the day, but it is still more players than most servers get.

2.600 players, take away Island Games, the newest gamemodes in which holds 14 players
2.600 players, take away Blockwars, a decently fun gamemode in which holds 4 players.
2.600 players, take away UHC, a thrilling, blood rushing gamemode in which holds 2 players.

We’re talking about 20 players stretched out across three different gamemodes. That’s 2.580 players elsewhere on the network. THREE games, with 2.600 players on the server, with just 20 out of 2,600 players. I just don’t see that as a good thing.

Once the server is at a high point, would the ratio of those three games to the number of players stay the same?

but making whole games isn't something a developer can do in 1 day.
I am aware of that.
They probably come out with a game at what rate, about every few months? We just can’t settle for that. If the devs worked hard with upper level management every day to try and expand their game menu, we could probably recieve a new game/ major server update every 1-2 months, instead of every 5-7 months. I just don’t think that they use their time very efficiently as they could.

give devs a break
No.
They have a paid job, I doubt that taking a break would help anyone. Us players are suggesting new content, specifically for the developers to code and insert in into the game. If they slack, then you can kiss decent updates goodbye.

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
just make all games also on 1.8.. than also people from hypixel and smaller servers will go play on cubecraft. because cubecraft has some good games. only most players (dont show stats i mean pvp minigame players) like the spamclick pvp. i only switch to 1.9 if i wanna play lucky islands or tower defence i think if every game can be played on both version cube would get more players

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I get that, but still.
3 of what shohld be really popular games only have 20 players online, while the server has 2,600 players online. Obviously that is at Cube’s low point of the day, but it is still more players than most servers get.

2.600 players, take away Island Games, the newest gamemodes in which holds 14 players
2.600 players, take away Blockwars, a decently fun gamemode in which holds 4 players.
2.600 players, take away UHC, a thrilling, blood rushing gamemode in which holds 2 players.

We’re talking about 20 players stretched out across three different gamemodes. That’s 2.580 players elsewhere on the network. THREE games, with 2.600 players on the server, with just 20 out of 2,600 players. I just don’t see that as a good thing.

Once the server is at a high point, would the ratio of those three games to the number of players stay the same?
20 players in lobbies =/= players playing said game

I am aware of that.
They probably come out with a game at what rate, about every few months? We just can’t settle for that. If the devs worked hard with upper level management every day to try and expand their game menu, we could probably recieve a new game/ major server update every 1-2 months, instead of every 5-7 months. I just don’t think that they use their time very efficiently as they could.
Why not?
If Cube keeps adding more gamemodes, other ones will slowly be left to die again. You can't do both: Add more gamemodes at a constant rate, and, remedy the thin player count on dead gamemodes. One is going to cancel the other out unless Cube magically gets hundreds of new regular players that happened to all prefer the dead games.
Currently, all of their recent updates (excluding Island Games) have almost entirely been based off of community suggestions. Look at Skywars, Eggwars & Minerware. Eggwars finally got enderpearls in normal mode + respawn timers.
Skywars finally got a rebalancing of chests and kits, while also improving maps to the players' liking.
Minerware actually got a hard mode difficulty.
UHC got vanilla maps & vanilla mechanic options.
All of the above were suggested by the community. Why? It's hard to be against that & there was a huge majority that supported these features.
Adding an entirely new game is pretty difficult to do, since you're basically starting from scratch. Every little aspect needs to be considered, from hiding in spots to camping the enemy. Some games are even way too complicated on threads, meaning that a lot will have to be changed resulting in a game that wasn't true to the suggestion.
Suggesting, and adding a game to the network really isn't that simple.
No.
They have a paid job, I doubt that taking a break would help anyone. Us players are suggesting new content, specifically for the developers to code and insert in into the game. If they slack, then you can kiss decent updates goodbye.
It's not the developers' choice. They can implement something when they are asked to by the management team.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I want them to stop using the word "soon" when it's obviously not going to happen soon, because it makes the word soon and themselves lose credibility.
That you don't see us replying doesn't mean we don't see it or don't forward it to higher staff.
That is exactly the part I don't understand. Communicate with the Community.
What's the disadvantage of that? you're only making things clearer.
Come up with some solutions and i'll listen. Complaining about it doesn't help, creating sollutions helps more.
Well, to start off, fix the bugs and make a possibility to select vanilla words. Oh, and also the nether border.
UHC got vanilla maps & vanilla mechanic options.
See above

only most players (dont show stats i mean pvp minigame players) like the spamclick pvp.
In context of ALL playes, yes.
In context of Cubecraft players, no.

D

Deleted member 169486

If I see one person say "this is similar to blahblahblah so we shouldn't add it" I'm going to lose it. As long as it's not an exact copy then we should have it, I suggested having Skywars with wings and everyone said another server had it so we shouldn't. Literally one other server has it, and did it pretty poorly.

D

Deleted member 169486

That is exactly the part I don't understand. Communicate with the Community.
What's the disadvantage of that? you're only making things clearer.
THIS! I still see so many threads about a /report commands that leads you to the report site, and a rejoin command and the only thing I've seen from staff is their opinion on the topic. If staff said something as small as 'Forwarded' then had some post about suggestions being discussed by management this would stop the same threads from being made over and over again.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
There should be a beta lobby, I see so many good suggestion for new games and many good suggestions for games that already exist. A beta lobby may be the answer to all our problems, it will let us decide what would be good for us and maybe for the server. Staff should really take this into consideration since that has been suggested more than once. The beta lobby would allow developers to Think out of the box, but since it’s a beta game it won’t require as much work as a full release game. I agree with everything in the thread.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
There should be a beta lobby, I see so many good suggestion for new games and many good suggestions for games that already exist. A beta lobby may be the answer to all our problems, it will let us decide what would be good for us and maybe for the server. Staff should really take this into consideration since that has been suggested more than once. The beta lobby would allow developers to Think out of the box, but since it’s a beta game it won’t require as much work as a full release game. I agree with everything in the thread.
b-b-b-b-b- but hypickle has this!111!1 urigunal!1 1!
/s

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Apparently I'm getting reports that server routing is broken in some countries. One of my friends (he's from Kuwait) got redirected to Asian servers and got higher ping as a result. He has better ping in EU than in Asia. Could you guys look into it? Thanks
I really do hope that things will be better this month.

Noooooooooooooooooo-
I had a similar idea, I had already collected all the screenshots and informations- noooooo-
1000078266.jpg
Mintypie231 wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉 🎂
Reesle wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Reach's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom