Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jedidiahh

Apr 27, 2020
Hey there!

I have quite interesting suggestion. This command appears on almost every single minecraft server, but it's still unavailable on CubeCraft. I'm talking about /stats command. I think it's really good option for players, because they can see, if such a player is decent at the game, or not. Level isn't good determinant of being actually good at a game. I'm pretty sure, many players will be amazed, if this option would come out. What do you think about it?

I wrote this thread a month ago. Some people decided to give it a try. There were 9 votes for "Of course, It would be great", however 6 people voted for "I don't think so" because they didn't want their privacy to be invaded. I predicted that already and here are lists of commands that should appear, when statistics update would actually come out.

/stats allows you to check your own statistics of the game

/stats <Player123> allows you to check other player statistics. If of course they agree, using the command below.

/togglestats allows you to turn your statistics invisible to other players. This thing should exist, so people won't be worried for their statistics privacy to be invaded.

/stats reset, /stats reset confirm allows you to irreversibly reset your stats (not level). This command would be really risky, so that's why command /stats reset confirm is necessary (Just to make sure a player knows what he's doing) .

You can check your stats ONLY IF YOU'RE CURRENTLY IN GAME!
You cannot also check your statistics from other game than the one you're playing at the moment.
This means you don't have possibility to check your, for example skywars stats, while you're currently playing eggwars, or check your statistics while in lobby.

WHAT WILL BE SHOWN IN STATISTICS?

RANKING:
GAMES PLAYED:
WINS:
KILLS:
DEATHS:
K/D:
POSSIBILITY OF WINNING (PERCENTAGE):

Now i'll explain everything one by one.

Ranking: shows you're place in the global leaderboard.
Games played: shows how many games you've played already
Wins: shows how many games have you won.
Kills: How many players have you killed.
Deaths: How many times have you lost. Leaving an ongoing game will count as death too.
K/D: it's a division amount of your kills, by amount of your deaths.
Possibility of winning: It's a division of games you won, by the games you've played, multiplied by 100%

Okay, I think I've explained everything for now.
Do you have any questions?
Feel free to ask.
Let's discuss about this again.
I hope you'd like this idea!
God bless you ;)

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I do like this idea, however I think it should have a limit of uses (and maybe only for ranked users). Stats could cause toxicity, but it’s nice to be able to see it your teammates will be any good, or if the good person in your game has a lot of wins etc. It would be interesting to see how this would affect the community. Right now the community is relatively not toxic, and I don’t think that a stats option would affect this. However, toxic players could enjoy this because they have more fuel to attack someone with. Such as “Look at your .2 K/D you’re TRASHHH” if this is persists, yes they can get muted but this could hurt the younger players on the server. Right now Cubecraft does have a /stats but I believe that it is only for staff, so they might have to change that I do not know. I think this is a good idea overall so I’ll support it as long as there’s a cool down. +1

LlTE

Jul 20, 2019
Turkey
It will be good, but there will be a great injustice for the players when his level will never play with anyone, he will be alone and the goal of the game is to be together and enjoy.

Reactions: Jedidiahh

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Possibility of winning: It's a division of games you won, by the games you've played, multiplied by 100%
That’s a a win/loses ratio, not the probability of winning, which should take into account other players’ w/l, k/d, proximity to player’s island, etc

Jedidiahh

Apr 27, 2020
I do like this idea, however I think it should have a limit of uses (and maybe only for ranked users). Stats could cause toxicity, but it’s nice to be able to see it your teammates will be any good, or if the good person in your game has a lot of wins etc. It would be interesting to see how this would affect the community. Right now the community is relatively not toxic, and I don’t think that a stats option would affect this. However, toxic players could enjoy this because they have more fuel to attack someone with. Such as “Look at your .2 K/D you’re TRASHHH” if this is persists, yes they can get muted but this could hurt the younger players on the server. Right now Cubecraft does have a /stats but I believe that it is only for staff, so they might have to change that I do not know. I think this is a good idea overall so I’ll support it as long as there’s a cool down. +1
Toxic players always have existed and there's nothing to do about it. You're totally right, that statistics option may affect their toxicity but if a player feels offensed, he can just toggle his stats without any problem, or report bully to a staff. First off we need to stand against the toxicity, not just avoid it.
It will be good, but there will be a great injustice for the players when his level will never play with anyone, he will be alone and the goal of the game is to be together and enjoy.
It works in both ways. Decent players can't find themselves and then gather a cool team. I'm pretty sure new player would be accepted by a party when they find out that he's actually good at the game because if not, he wouldn't find a squad anyway.

Reactions: LlTE

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
I don't think players should really see their own statistics on CubeCraft. I would personally allow displaying, Win's, Losses, W/L Ratio. Introducing, KD into CubeCraft doesn't serve much purpose or would help the community. There will be an influx of players being toxic towards each other. However, there isn't much competition between players on CubeCraft. The server is mainly displayed and targeted towards a community / friendly server. Instead of being all about competition between players. The server was made with the intention to allow players to have fun and not worry about such statistics. But the statistics I mentioned won't have much impact on the server. This is due to players either being different Network levels or being as active, thats why such statistics like Wins and Losses won't introduce toxicity like KD.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Toxic players always have existed and there's nothing to do about it. You're totally right, that statistics option may affect their toxicity but if a player feels offensed, he can just toggle his stats without any problem, or report bully to a staff. First off we need to stand against the toxicity, not just avoid it.
I agree, I was just pointing this out. I think Cubecraft should make sure that players you’ve ignored can’t see your stats. Toxic players are always gonna be here and having stats isn’t going to affect that.

Jedidiahh

Apr 27, 2020
I agree, I was just pointing this out. I think Cubecraft should make sure that players you’ve ignored can’t see your stats. Toxic players are always gonna be here and having stats isn’t going to affect that.
I totally agree.
I like the idea BUT I do not agree only the "/stats reset" suggestion. I think you shouldn't be allowed to reset your statistic.
It's risky I know, however I'm pretty sure some people would like to see this option available. Maybe it should be paidful?
I don't think players should really see their own statistics on CubeCraft. I would personally allow displaying, Win's, Losses, W/L Ratio. Introducing, KD into CubeCraft doesn't serve much purpose or would help the community. There will be an influx of players being toxic towards each other. However, there isn't much competition between players on CubeCraft. The server is mainly displayed and targeted towards a community / friendly server. Instead of being all about competition between players. The server was made with the intention to allow players to have fun and not worry about such statistics. But the statistics I mentioned won't have much impact on the server. This is due to players either being different Network levels or being as active, thats why such statistics like Wins and Losses won't introduce toxicity like KD.
SkyWars is all about competition, as well as EggWars, Lucky Islands, Tower Defence, FFA and MinerWare.

Reactions: Technosword

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I strongly disagree. KD is the most important statistic, along with win percentage.
I am not hugely in favour of a /stats command (mostly due to win farmers being able to flex their false mansion/rome wins which is truly disgusting), but should it be added, it MUST include KD and win percentage in order for a true comparison, because let's be honest, comparison is the idea behind a /stats command.

Jedidiahh

Apr 27, 2020
I strongly disagree. KD is the most important statistic, along with win percentage.
I am not hugely in favour of a /stats command (mostly due to win farmers being able to flex their false mansion/rome wins which is truly disgusting), but should it be added, it MUST include KD and win percentage in order for a true comparison, because let's be honest, comparison is the idea behind a /stats command.
You're right!

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I have a question for you @Enixer. Should this be enabled or disabled by default? Personally I think disabled because a more oblivious audience are the people most likely to be targeted by toxic players with this. However, Cubecraft could do one of the chat announcements to say something like “Disable your stats with /stats off to hide your stats from other players” I’d like to hear your view on this!

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com

However, introducing statistics for players will just create controversy among players and cause unnecessary toxicity/arguments.

Jedidiahh

Apr 27, 2020
I have a question for you @Enixer. Should this be enabled or disabled by default? Personally I think disabled because a more oblivious audience are the people most likely to be targeted by toxic players with this. However, Cubecraft could do one of the chat announcements to say something like “Disable your stats with /stats off to hide your stats from other players” I’d like to hear your view on this!
Good question! Personally I think it should be enabled because, if it wouldn't be, nobody will even notice that stats started existing. Whether a player feels offensed, he has possibility to easily toggle stats, so there's actually no problem with privacy and toxicity anymore.
However, introducing statistics for players will just create controversy among players and cause unnecessary toxicity/arguments.
As I said before " we need to stand against the toxicity, not just avoid it". Everything is controversial and may affect many arguments if we're looking in the "worse" point of view every time.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
This already happens from people seeing your level in chat. I don't see how this would increase toxicity further.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
Top Bottom