Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nikboo

Heyy.
This is an idea from Lemoncloud which I personally think is quite effective.

Rename Staff Abuse -> Staff Feedback.

This'll mean we can give either constructive criticism on a staff member or praise for a staff member for doing a certain action.

This will mean administrators can also go to their staff members and say "well done for doing this..." or something and it'll make staff members more pleased for doing their jobs. It would increase morale within the staff team if players are praising staff.

Also, we can criticise the staff team in general with a responce from an administrator responding to the suggested improvements.

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Seems good to me. Could cause some confusion to newer members, however I'm sure that people would get the message eventually. Being able to post general feedback is really useful, for everyone, however keep in mind that although
we can give either constructive criticism
, there would most likely be a lot of hate as well. To those having a small (yet legitimate) problem with a staff member, seeing "Staff Abuse" may make them shy away from letting the right people know, so this idea could help improve that.

Would be nice to see this implemented :)

Reactions: xLuiiJox and Nikboo
N

Nikboo

Well they should definitely reply to open staff abuse threads first tho :rolling_eyes:

Quite funny how I report a staff member for quite a minor offence of skipping a swear word mentioned in Discord and it gets answered within a couple of hours - a day or so. Then I report a staff member for targeting chat offences directly to myself in PM and it being the staff member's second offence and it still hasn't been answered... (It's been like 4 days now...) lol.

Management should review the section more tbh. One member told me there is an unanswered abuse thread which is dating over a week now...

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I would love to see this. Staff should be praised accordingly, but everyone is looking for improvement to see how to change a few things to become a better staff member.

EDIT: Sent too early ;-; Problem is there's a lot of clutter that would be sent there. It would be good to have people taking it seriously, however they can be skipped. :P

Reactions: Nikboo and xLuiiJox

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Yeah sure, but if you're going to praise staff just put it on their profile, rather than disrupting a private forum which is used for much more important things like serious abuse report threads?
I see your point there to be honest. Some staff have their profile private though, so it may be awkward. On the other hand they can start a conversation with them. It seems a little counter productive.

N

Nikboo

lol what

I'm sure Tacosbefriends has much better things to do than read cringy threads from Helper wannabes about how well Skifby is doing :rolleyes:

So what if he spends the time reading through it? He's the staff manager and it's his duty to make sure the staff team is doing well and the community likes (to an extent ofc) the staff member.

Plus, If I'm honest, the staff team is quite un-motivated and older staff members aren't finding will to stay. Praise from the community may help this.

Yeah sure, but if you're going to praise staff just put it on their profile, rather than disrupting a private forum which is used for much more important things like serious abuse report threads?

It's a lot easier and quicker to go through private PM rather than creating a thread in the Staff Abuse forum. Most staff abuse threads are just left there rn tbh... (personal experience of using this forum).

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
So what if he spends the time reading through it? He's the staff manager and it's his duty to make sure the staff team is doing well and the community likes (to an extent ofc) the staff member.
He's doing a crap enough job as it is. We don't need any more rubbish distracting him.

N

Nikboo

I agree, but I also think this will be unfair for the staff members who are not praised.
I think giving tips to staff members is okay, but this is also luring haters.

Not really unfair if there is nothing to praise...
For example, if a staff member is never active and isn't getting praised and is getting upset due to that, I think the situation kind of explains itself really.

Also, all hate is sent directly to Tacos who will deal with it as part of his job. Tacos doesn't have to relay it to his fellow staff members.

He's doing a crap enough job as it is. We don't need any more rubbish distracting him.

If that's true, a new staff manager should come in because a staff manager should be able to deal with all of this.
A healthy staff team is a good staff team and this suggestion would encourage praise for good actions.

N

Nikboo

somebody sent soph a message praising her activity

No need to pinpoint staff members on this thread. This isn't a "pinpoint a staff member and **** on them" thread.

If you have something to say about her activity, then you should be able to give your opinion in this new staff feedback section. :P

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Is our praise of certain staff members really worth being viewed by the top staff though? Right now when I see people report for staff abuse most of the threads are made by people who had been banned by sentinel an believe a staff member banned them... If it was just called "Staff Feedback" the junk that's already probably posted their would be even more from "helper wannabes" talking about how much they love staff. Feedback could just as easily be provided via conversation directly to the staff member or I'm sure tacosbefriends would be happy to take any concerns that are really staff abuse worthy since he's the staff manager if you didn't want to contact to staff member directly.

Reactions: Rob_the_Giraffe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom