Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Not really unfair if there is nothing to praise...
For example, if a staff member is never active and isn't getting praised and is getting upset due to that, I think the situation kind of explains itself really.

Also, all hate is sent directly to Tacos who will deal with it as part of his job. Tacos doesn't have to relay it to his fellow staff members.

If that's true, a new staff manager should come in because a staff manager should be able to deal with all of this.
A healthy staff team is a good staff team and this suggestion would encourage praise for good actions.
OOh, yes it's alright

N

Nikboo

Is our praise of certain staff members really worth being viewed by the top staff though? Right now when I see people report for staff abuse most of the threads are made by people who had been banned by sentinel an believe a staff member banned them... If it was just called "Staff Feedback" the junk that's already probably posted their would be even more from "helper wannabes" talking about how much they love staff. Feedback could just as easily be provided via conversation directly to the staff member or I'm sure tacosbefriends would be happy to take any concerns that are really staff abuse worthy since he's the staff manager if you didn't want to contact to staff member directly.

A lot of staff resign because they are demotivated. When I say a lot, I really do mean a lot.
There's no drive which really keeps a staff member going once they've experienced it all except from praise.

When I was a staff member, if a community member said something like "You should be the next sr.mod", it kinda made me happy that members like me as a staff member.

A seperate section to show appreciation towards staff members who do a good job for me is quite important and higher up staff really should keep a good eye on the staff members who are doing well.

Most people wouldn't really PM praise about a certain staff member if it's not encouraged. That's why I feel this new section would be nice.

Reactions: GeldHaftige

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016
Heyy.
This is an idea from Lemoncloud which I personally think is quite effective.

Rename Staff Abuse -> Staff Feedback.

This'll mean we can give either constructive criticism on a staff member or praise for a staff member for doing a certain action.

This will mean administrators can also go to their staff members and say "well done for doing this..." or something and it'll make staff members more pleased for doing their jobs. It would increase morale within the staff team if players are praising staff.

Also, we can criticise the staff team in general with a responce from an administrator responding to the suggested improvements.
No, we report them because they abuse there rank... So -1

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
A lot of staff resign because they are demotivated. When I say a lot, I really do mean a lot.
There's no drive which really keeps a staff member going once they've experienced it all except from praise.

When I was a staff member, if a community member said something like "You should be the next sr.mod", it kinda made me happy that members like me as a staff member.

A seperate section to show appreciation towards staff members who do a good job for me is quite important and higher up staff really should keep a good eye on the staff members who are doing well.

Most people wouldn't really PM praise about a certain staff member if it's not encouraged. That's why I feel this new section would be nice.
if staff members are resigning because they don't get praise for every little thing they should never have been a staff member.
Feedback can be both negative or positive.
You don't say!

N

Nikboo

if staff members are resigning because they don't get praise for every little thing they should never have been a staff member.

Staff members are working completely voluntary.
Staff members using their own free time to help Cubecraft.
Staff members deal with A LOT of hate.
Staff members only usually get negative stuff when Tacos PM's them.

A simple "well done" or "thank you" goes 1000000 miles.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Perhaps it is because they expect too much of it, you should become a staff member because you like helping out the network.
I personally love helping our the network, but don't need anything in return, I keep doing this because I like doing this.

Of course some events are pretty cool and exciting, especially the promotion from helper to mod, where they give and trust you a lot of power.
And a "thank you" from time to time would be nice, but I don't want an admin that 'thanks me' once in a while in order to make me stay. If it's not your thing to thank anyone you shouldn't do it, as simple as that. Just show respect to your staff team and try to defend them to a certain limit

And for the suggestion, i'm not sure if it will work out that well. I assume that most feedback will negative, which is fine, but that stuff should go straight to our staff manager so he can sort it out with the staff member in the dm's. Kind of agree with one of the power rangers here.

N

Nikboo

Perhaps it is because they expect too much of it, you should become a staff member because you like helping out the network.
I personally love helping our the network, but don't need anything in return, I keep doing this because I like doing this.

Of course some events are pretty cool and exciting, especially the promotion from helper to mod, where they give and trust you a lot of power.
And a "thank you" from time to time would be nice, but I don't want an admin that 'thanks me' once in a while in order to make me stay. If it's not your thing to thank anyone you shouldn't do it, as simple as that. Just show respect to your staff team and try to defend them to a certain limit

And for the suggestion, i'm not sure if it will work out that well. I assume that most feedback will negative, which is fine, but that stuff should go straight to our staff manager so he can sort it out with the staff member in the dm's. Kind of agree with one of the power rangers here.

I agree with you on the fact that nothing should be expected in return but a staff member is more likely to stay if they like the team's spirit and attitude.

The "thank you" from an administrator isn't meant to be a bribe or anything, lol. It's just there for them to appreciate that you're here and helping out.

Regarding negative feedback, it would probably be best if it's sorted in one section instead of spammed into Tacos' inbox. With the staff abuse section, negative feedback isn't really abuse so people aren't positing it here. It would probably make the life of Tacos easier if it was sorted into one section.

Reactions: skifby

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
but a staff member is more likely to stay if they like the team's spirit and attitude.
Totally agree on that, staff members probably would work harder as well when the team spirit/attitude goes up.
However, improving this can be quite hard. Time and a lot of communicating should help though.

Reactions: Nikboo
G

Gamerfull

the abuse of the staff is a very rare thing to see, since the staff members, in this case the helpers are chosen very well, which is not often the case.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I would love to see this. I always see staff reports on forums of big servers.But I think that they deserver some more love and if we could create it by giving a lot of positive feedback about someone it can only make the person trying to do his job better. I also study Social Sience where I need to learn about Human behavior. I have seen that negative feedback will only make your staff members do their job worser or even bad. Just because of the fact that negavtive feedback will mentally break someone and some people can't handle it. If you wanna see good working staff member you need to give positve feedback , They will be motivated and they will be trying to their job better. This is just because you said 1word that kept them doing their job. I can undrstand that negative information is also a neat but think about your team and give them some love. But like some people know this section will be messed up just because they are working with postive or negative feedback. This means that the will not understand if the thread is lovely or negative.

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Nikboo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom