Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Divide skywars into Normal/Speed modes.
As we already have speed mode in Eggwars:
2018-05-22_00.59.08.png

I think we could add a classic mode in Skywars:
2018-05-22_00.58.29.png

Why divide between normal and speed:
  1. Different kits, we only have 5 seconds to repick a kit if the vote switches to no projectiles, having it in a different mode means we don't have to rechoose a kit.
  2. Players can still experience classic skywars, with it's projectiles, even if 80% of players with ranks seem to prefer no projectiles, there are still players that want the traditional gameplay.
  3. Two different play styles, one is oriented towards taking out the other players as fast and as efficiently as possible, the other is more for those that enjoy the longer games, allowing for fun gameplay, enabling players to troll/trap etc.. and want to play other than rushing mindlessly with a sword to kill as many people as possible.
  4. Distance between islands also favors for 1 on 1 fights and not massive brawls, as it is often the case, and it what some players prefer.

So what would change between normal and speed?

CLASSIC SKYWARS

Projectile Votes: Normal Projectiles, Soft Blocks
Refills start happening after 6 minutes.
Kits:
- Enderman kit receives first enderpeal after 8 minutes.
- Kits with projectiles. (Bow, Chicken...)

Typical map layout: Islands spaced out 8-16 blocks apart.
upload_2018-5-22_1-35-26.png

Including:
Music (pictured above), Bones, Canyon, Castle, Desert, Drought, Nether, Savanah, Rainbow, Sport, Temple, Trees, TNT

SPEED SKYWARS
Projectile Votes: Normal Projectiles, No projectiles
Normal projectiles contains few projectiles.

Refills start happening after 2 minutes.
Kits:
- Enderman kit receives first enderpeal after 3 minutes.
- No projectile kits.

Typical map layout: Short distance between islands, very little void.
upload_2018-5-22_1-16-6.png

Including:
Bamboo (pictured above), Beach, Birdhouse, Candy, Circuit, End, Flowers, Glass, Jungle, Mushroom, Paris, Pokemon, Snakes, Snowy, Sundae, Taiga, Time, Tron.

oh that's better .

yeah it's bad idea for normal skywars but i think it's will be better in new skywars mode so that mean .....
new suggestion :

RUSH SKYWARS ( or insane skywars mode ) :
so what's different ?
-all islands are near the mid, that means you don't need to build a long bridge with the probability of taking a shot .
-big middle area and less void spaces in the map .
-refile chests in half the time of normal skywars .
-chests can contain potions ( like fire resistance ) and pets ( like horse to ride or cow, sheep, zombie attacking enemy ) and potions arrows ( like weakness or slowness or poison but with little time effect ) .
-no fall damage .
-after 2 minutes from game start borders will activates and it will stop after 15-20 minutes at an area of 20 * 20 blocks in this space you can't place blocks that means you can't camp .
-in the middle are special chests
( ender chests or chests with particles ) spawned in a random places with a special gear ( like bow power 2, flint and steal, hoe with knockback 1,iron sword with fire aspect 1,ender pearls) .
-there is no vote to prevent projectiles and
-if you killed someone you will get regeneration 2 and strength 2 effects for 5 seconds .
-some game events ( like random effects, ender dragon spawn etc .... )

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-22_1-6-30.png
    upload_2018-5-22_1-6-30.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
A

A pigeon

I really dont want this, i’d much rather play will full access to all maps, all kits and all voting options, even if no proj is voted all the time.

Skywars is already very speedy. I dont want to take that aspect away. Maybe we cpuld have some kind of slow skywars with far islands

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
speed skywars just looks bad imo...
just doesn't look like it will play out well. the map shown just looks as if you can go anywhere without bridging, and bridging is a huge part of skywars.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Ghoste

Nov 30, 2016
the computer
I never seen a long game of Sky Wars they just end in like 5 minutes or so, unlike Egg Wars.
I really dont want this, i’d much rather play will full access to all maps, all kits and all voting options, even if no proj is voted all the time.
I pretty much agree with this quote ^^

Reactions: CommunistCactus

ItsColorful

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
I never seen a long game of Sky Wars they just end in like 5 minutes or so, unlike Egg Wars.

I pretty much agree with this quote ^^
Definitely agreeing with you! I dont see a point in making speed sw just for the reason that sw already end pretty quickly.

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017
Divide skywars into Normal/Speed modes.
As we already have speed mode in Eggwars:
View attachment 146146

I think we could have the same in Skywars:
View attachment 146147

Why divide between normal and speed:
  1. Different kits, we only have 5 seconds to repick a kit if the vote switches to no projectiles, having it in a different mode means we don't have to rechoose a kit.
  2. Players can still experience classic skywars, with it's projectiles, even if 80% of players with ranks seem to prefer no projectiles, there are still players that want the traditional gameplay.
  3. Two different play styles, one is oriented towards taking out the other players as fast and as efficiently as possible, the other is more for those that enjoy the longer games, allowing for fun gameplay, enabling players to troll/trap etc.. and want to play other than rushing mindlessly with a sword to kill as many people as possible.
  4. Distance between islands also favors for 1 on 1 fights and not massive brawls, as it is often the case, and it what some players prefer.

So what would change between normal and speed?

CLASSIC SKYWARS

Projectile Votes: Normal Projectiles, Soft Blocks
Refills start happening after 6 minutes.
Kits:
- Enderman kit receives first enderpeal after 8 minutes.
- Kits with projectiles. (Bow, Chicken...)

Typical map layout: Islands spaced out 8-16 blocks apart.
View attachment 146152
Including:
Music (pictured above), Bones, Canyon, Castle, Desert, Drought, Nether, Savanah, Rainbow, Sport, Temple, Trees, TNT

SPEED SKYWARS
Projectile Votes: Normal Projectiles, No projectiles
Normal projectiles contains few projectiles.

Refills start happening after 2 minutes.
Kits:
- Enderman kit receives first enderpeal after 3 minutes.
- No projectile kits.

Typical map layout: Short distance between islands, very little void.
View attachment 146149
Including:
Bamboo (pictured above), Beach, Birdhouse, Candy, Circuit, End, Flowers, Glass, Jungle, Mushroom, Paris, Pokemon, Snakes, Snowy, Sundae, Taiga, Time, Tron.
it's nice to see you liked my suggest but you need more than some maps with little void to make a new game from the original skywars .
somethings like ...

some PERKS
Bat Shield : spawn with 3 bats flying around you that intercept enemy arrows, bats respawn every 30s.
Monster hunter: Every player you kill as a 50% chance of increasing the protection level of one of your armor pieces by 1.
Lifesteal: 10-18% of your damage is converted into healing.
Void Chest: When knocking a player into the void, you have a 30% chance of spawning a chest with their inventory after their death.
Head hunter: Players drop their heads when you kill them, heads give regeneration 2 for 5s and speed II for 7s on right click.

You can choose only one perk !

some GAME FEATURES
You can ride your ender pearl.
If you got a piece of armor better than the armor you wear, it will be replaced with the best armor and the other piece will dropped automatically.

somethings like that ;)

needs more ideas

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I personally wouldn't want to play speed skywarsthat. But I'm all for this if it can make the normal skywars less speedy, have some larger spaced maps again and no no-projectiles mode. I don't mind some games lasting 30 minutes.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
speed skywars just looks bad imo...
just doesn't look like it will play out well. the map shown just looks as if you can go anywhere without bridging, and bridging is a huge part of skywars.
Speed skywars is basically what we have now, I just want to be able to play classic again.

Skywars is already very speedy. I dont want to take that aspect away. Maybe we cpuld have some kind of slow skywars with far islands
This is about adding the classic skywars gamemode back, the changes between them don't differ that much, except that classic doesn't have a no projectiles vote.

Reactions: Sweetenerera
D

Deleted member 352903

I’d rather have Projectiles everywhere, but
I think people who like no projectiles would rather have projectiles in maps with little void like bamboo, since the chances to fall are lower

One more thing. If we add this, perhaps we could update all the maps so we could play all of them in this two different modes? For example, map canyon (classic skywars): we could add “sub-mid” and more islands and add it to speed SkyWars too, and have one map Canyon for speed (with more islands) and one map Canyon for normal (with less islands)
Everyone would enjoy SkyWars

Hey this is the first step to have projectiles back, I like it

Reactions: CubeTale

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015

Thanks god

Reactions: Ghoste

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Please, no. The normal Skywars is already speedy enough with those tryhards, who immediately rush to other people and kill them, and if you want to make it even more speedy, then you can choose the speed potions as your kit.

D

Deleted member 352903

Please, no. The normal Skywars is already speedy enough with those tryhards, who immediately rush to other people and kill them, and if you want to make it even more speedy, then you can choose the speed potions as your kit.
Speedy SW would be the same as the actual SW with no projectile kits
Normal SW would be the old SW, with projectiles

Reactions: Ducky

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Speedy SW would be the same as the actual SW with no projectile kits
Normal SW would be the old SW, with projectiles
Owh, oops. Then still no because I like Skywars how it was and how it should be, with projectiles. But because all those tryharders want to play games without projectiles, you almost can't even play an original Skywars game, so with projectiles. No Speed and Classic mode like Eggwars has.

D

Deleted member 352903

Owh, oops. Then still no because I like Skywars how it was and how it should be, with projectiles. But because all those tryharders want to play games without projectiles, you almost can't even play an original Skywars game, so with projectiles. No Speed and Classic mode like Eggwars has.
Yeah that’s the point of this thread I think. We want projectiles back. That’s why we should add a classic/normal sw, to be able to play with projectiles

Reactions: Sweetenerera

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015
Yeah that’s the point of this thread I think. We want projectiles back. That’s why we should add a classic/normal sw, to be able to play with projectiles
But you are still able to play with projectiles...

D

Deleted member 100818

They already had to remove no kits/abilities because it was everything but popular. Look at speed eggwars, unpopular but it's there for a reason, because regular eggwars games could take hours if you're really "lucky". Speed eggwars prevents this from happening. Skywars however, is a game that's already very quick itself. Making this even quicker would ruin the game experience for me at least. In other words, I honestly think this'll die as soon when is released.

I think we should search for some lifesaving solutions for no projectiles now. Here's an example: You can only vote *insert number* times for the no projectiles option a day. (This will be separated for team and solo). It won't add much but as there are too many rankers, but if we decrease tis number to like 3 it'll do its job.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Top Bottom