Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
As most of you are already aware, we just released the brand new Speed EggWars mode! Rather than having 50 threads created saying the same thing, please use this thread to discuss your ideas, thoughts and suggestions for the new mode.

Have an idea on how we can make it better, let us know here! Thanks!

EDIT - Please keep posts here related to discussion about ideas to help improve the mode. Pointless posts will be deleted.

Last edited:

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
This isn't only a thing in the new gamemode, but also in normal eggwars. My idea is to inmidiantly destroy someones egg when that guy left the game, because sometimes you are doing everything you can to destroy 1 egg and than you realize that person left the game, but his egg is still there. This can be very misleading and it would help a lot if you maybe can add this.

Reactions: Cyqni

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I have something to say about this gamemode.
WARNING:
I have a personal opinion. If you're triggered by people expressing what they think, I suggest not to read this critique.

Alright.
Speed Eggwars.
When in the Discord chat, me and a few other people were talking about the "speed" part.
We said, "It's eggwars with speed 40!!11!" jokingly.
Then we hop on in game. It's Eggwars, but with speed effect.
I'm kind of.... disappointed? Like, it's very hard to fight properly, it's very hard to maneuver around, and it's easy to fall off the edge....
But, hey, let's deal with this I guess. You can make longer jumps... and other stuff....
So I went to the shop, checking the items and prices.
"Speed mode" the game should be way shorter. A big element of Eggwars is bridging. Bridging usually takes a lot of time.... and especially blocks. But heh, the block price is the same as normal mode. Uhm... alright. I guess it's alright because the islands are closer... but again, I'm sort of disappointed. I was expecting blocks to be cheaper for this speed mode.
Most is sold as the same price as before. Bows are now 20 Diamonds, even though most people still can afford that very easily, and the Punch enchantment isn't there. I'm glad there's no punch bow, but I would have appreciated if there were no bows complitely... But I guess they're a "important gameplay element" or something, and c'mon, people like them so uhm, yeah, bows. For 20 Diamonds.
I decided to go to mid. I didn't even need blocks. I just jumped down the island, and in five seconds I was already at mid. OFC, you need blocks to get back up...
Alright then, bridging isn't even a thing anymore unless wanting to rush people, which, in a speed mode, is rather appropriate.... but again, it feels... weird. Everybody can just jump to the middle. It's like Present Rush where you use fuel to buy gear instead of fueling the furnaces.... it doesn't feel like Eggwars... Is it a bad thing? Is it a good thing? The only thing I can say is, I'm not particularly interested in this mode and rather displeased.
Also +1 for enderpearls. Even though they're useless considering the islands are so close....

People (especially @PineappleMuffinTrain ) suggested speed mode SO MANY TIMES.
And each time, there clearly were specific elements.
Cheaper blocks, faster generator time, cheaper weapons, potions, no bows, etc.
It wouldn't have been this hard to take something from these suggestions.... And actually give the community what they kept asking for all day long....

In a nutshell:
Speed effect is annoying and doesn't fit the gameplay that well
Prices are not really adapted to the "game style" speed mode is supposed to make you experience.
Bows are still very common to come by even after the massive downgrade
Mid is too easy to get to and takes no effort whatsoever
Enderpearls almost useless

Hey, before saying "ohwell play normal eggwars lol pls dud kthcx bai luuuul"
I wanted to play Eggwars, without the bowspamming. Without the camping. Without the annoying anxiety of the hour long games.
But this, this thing right here that was just made, is just a big mix and match of gamemodes, elements, and other mechanics poured together in a big, giant, flavoury Eggwars mold where the only thing of Eggwars it has is the egg. The egg which in this game has no reason to exist.
Efficiency 5 pickaxes cost 10 diamonds. Obby costs 4 gold but it's not that useful, with such powerful picks being available. The islands are so small, that placing enough obsidian to cover the egg properly is bulky and annoying.

I don't "hate" the new mode. I don't want to burn it with fire, posion, and throw it in a cauldron of all world's evil, I don't think it's a "bad" gamemode.
I only think it's not Eggwars, and I'm disappointed by how it was arranged.
So please, go ahead, search me, hunt me, make me regret making this super long post, but I just wanted to give my word on this. That's it. World isn't all made of rainbows and unicorns, there's also the bad to take in.

And maybe that bad is Speed Eggwars. Who knows.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
but I would have appreciated if there were no bows complitely
Your trigger warning will not stop me from being triggered by this :p

There are actually a lot of people who practice bows only and are absolute gods with a bow. I personally would like to have as many options in pvp as possible especially the 1.9 basics (swords, axes, and bows) :P its really hard for a regular bow to knock you off a bridge if you are paying attention and as you said islands are closer so you don't even have to worry about that as much :P

But mid should definitely not be that easy to get to

As for prices if everything is closer blocks don't really need to be cheaper IMO ♡

I haven't played with the speed effect yet so I'll have to see ♡

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
The game concept is fine now.
I actually think it's a more troll version of Eggwars. It has potential

I had allot of fun playing it.
The speed 2 makes it hilarious.
Me and some friends trying to PvP but it doesn't work!
We can fly, speedbuild etc.
This mode is more for the casual players. That's why I support it!

Most games are finished between the 5 - 15 minutes. People don't camp at all.
They really fight only. Not that it works.
The speed 2 makes it impossible and that's why its so funny.
Seeing player making spastic movement,
making impossible jumps or just getting to mid in 3 sec and getting back!
"I got Full Iron in 3 seconds and won the game in less then 5 minutes.
And it wasn't solo." ~ Dotsy

Welp if I see something that I don't like I'll edit this message!

U

Unipotato

I get that it's speed and stuff should be cheaper so you can get it quickly, but obsidian for such little amounts of gold is way too OP. People can get obsidian in the first few minutes of the game, which makes rushing harder, which slows down the game. The fact that in OP you can get full obsidian in less than 30 seconds is just too much.

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I get that it's speed and stuff should be cheaper so you can get it quickly, but obsidian for such little amounts of gold is way too OP. People can get obsidian in the first few minutes of the game, which makes rushing harder, which slows down the game. The fact that in OP you can get full obsidian in less than 30 seconds is just too much.
The fact that you can get 10 diamond under 3 seconds is way too much.

Reactions: Unipotato
U

Unipotato

I hate the new modality, because isn't posible hit at the other players correctly, etc, i dont like the new update.

Are you saying that the speed affect is hard to control and PvP with? I would say stick to normal EggWars if that bugs you. Also, I believe that english is not your first language. Feel free to speak the language you speak best, as there are people that understand it.

Reactions: Shiecool

Josh Babson

Feb 10, 2017
As most of you are already aware, we just released the brand new Speed EggWars mode! Rather than having 50 threads created saying the same thing, please use this thread to discuss your ideas, thoughts and suggestions for the new mode.

Have an idea on how we can make it better, let us know here! Thanks!

EDIT - Please keep posts here related to discussion about ideas to help improve the mode. Pointless posts will be deleted.
The map Port, on Speed EggWars, the fire spread is on and the mid catches fire and burns, in a matter of minutes, due to the fireplace being too close to the wood structure. Just wanted to let you know!

Reactions: Cyqni

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Ok after playing today I can say I don't like the knockback shovel kit but I don't care if it stays as it isn't a big deal right now. The speed is just really annoying and makes running away too easy. Also the obsidian is a bit cheap maybe doubling the price would be good.

Mr_Riolu_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2016
Treasure town :D
Positive:
I really like the close play maps and the redo of forest. I also like the higher efficiency pickaxes and higher costing bows.

Negative:

Nothing expect obsidian prices.

Suggestion:

Higher obsidian prices and faster resource generation.

YouShouldRun

Feb 10, 2017
Just want to point out, it is my first post ever! Yay!
Now, time for some constructive criticism! I like the concept. It's not like it is completely horrible I will first start with the pros: It is something different. Most people are not used to change, which is understandable, so most will not like this game. Without change, the server would go no where so it is a great to see CubeCraft trying new things.
Now for the cons: I don't believe you should add anything more to eggwars. You should keep it as it is and continue to make maps for the gamemode. While you are doing that, think of some new creative games. I am starting to get tired of the same old games in the minecraft server community and I would like to see some unique and creative games. Aside from that, the PvP is not the easiest to manipulate with such a high speed. As many know, having speed really increases reach when you PvP, so a lot more hack accusing might occur. Also, it will be harder for the staff to moderate unless the hacker is completely obvious.

Just some quick thoughts about it!
Thanks,
YouShouldRun!

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love speedmode and the update that came with it, but there is one thing that triggers me.
The Walking Speed.
I think you went a little bit overboard with this one Cubecraft, It's just completely uncontrollable, especially when Pvp'ing. Any decent strafer is extremely hard to hit during fights, making them confusing and annoying. It's just not really fun anymore pvping like this. Not only that, as @YouShouldRun said, It's very easy to confuse players witch hackers now due to the extra reach, speed etc.

Suggestion:
Reduce the walking speed by half or a quarter.
It would make the gamemode more fun for everone and more bearable to play. Thanks! :D

zNarwhal

Jul 6, 2016
Just like everyone else said, I really don't like the pvp... If it was half-health I would end up spam clicking which would be surprisingly more effective (well for me at least).

Reactions: Ping Ether

Shiecool

Jan 7, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Are you saying that the speed affect is hard to control and PvP with? I would say stick to normal EggWars if that bugs you. Also, I believe that english is not your first language. Feel free to speak the language you speak best, as there are people that understand it.
Right, i am a beginner in this and i want study more and more because i think ti is a "universal" lenguage.

Reactions: Power Ranger
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thanks for all the wishes <3
UncleSpect wrote on zauuberr009's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
happy birthday!!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!1 :3
Frontlane wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈🥳
Frontlane wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎁
Top Bottom