Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
i think ctf does have spawn protection but i dont think it lasts long enough to prevent spawnkilling

AusarRitter

Feb 23, 2022
United States
I can see how this would be annoying but spawn in EggWars and BlockWars CTF are different. In EggWars, the spawn isn't protected and you don't spawn in with gear, therefore it's bannable because you have an unfair advantage against your opponent. With BlockWars CTF, your spawn is protected by having a small obstacle, wall(s), or being in the air while also spawning in with gear at full durability and new blocks allowing you to possibly escape since the enemy could use their items and lose durability and gear. Plus, there are more ways to escape a spawn trap easily.

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
I can see how this would be annoying but spawn in EggWars and BlockWars CTF are different. In EggWars, the spawn isn't protected and you don't spawn in with gear, therefore it's bannable because you have an unfair advantage against your opponent. With BlockWars CTF, your spawn is protected by having a small obstacle, wall(s), or being in the air while also spawning in with gear at full durability and new blocks allowing you to possibly escape since the enemy could use their items and lose durability and gear. Plus, there are more ways to escape a spawn trap easily.
i know but what i meant is that it should be punishable by the intent of doing it

Katsukka

Mar 1, 2022
Pronouns
She/They
i agree even if they have the same gear as you if they don't have the same skill as you then that won't stop you from being able to spawn kill them
And also sometimes teams can be unbalanced, like there could be 5 people spawnkilling 3 people. That's just mean tbh

• Agree
Reactions: solarxysm

Katsukka

Mar 1, 2022
Pronouns
She/They
It’s a valid strategy though, I can usually hold off a team with one other user on some maps(bridges). It’s a strategy just as much as defend/attack
well, I was just in 2vs8 match. Very fair and balanced. Me and my teammate got spawnkilled the whole time. :D I can see your point if teams are even close to equal but in cases like this (and yes it happens A LOT) spawnkilling should not be your go-to method.

• Wow
Reactions: Silco

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
well, I was just in 2vs8 match. Very fair and balanced. Me and my teammate got spawnkilled the whole time. :D I can see your point if teams are even close to equal but in cases like this (and yes it happens A LOT) spawnkilling should not be your go-to method.
Wow that must be an interesting game of Blockwars, considering Blockwars are 5v5! You can always leave a game if it’s that awful to play through.
I meant it's mean when teams are unbalanced, like 2vs8 for example, it's called basic human decency
Also that’s a bit over the top, it’s hardly that bad. It’s only keeping a player temporarily dead, and those are rare cases. So spawnkilling is not being a decent human being?

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Lots of people kill farm in block wars bridges its unfair and turns people off the game I agree with disallowing it, the point is to score points and kill people trying to score points in your pit, not to kill farm people the minute they spawn

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Lots of people kill farm in block wars bridges its unfair and turns people off the game I agree with disallowing it, the point is to score points and kill people trying to score points in your pit, not to kill farm people the minute they spawn
But what is the difference between killing everyone who passes the centre and killing them as they spawn? They’re gonna die anyway they just live for like 10 seconds more

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
But what is the difference between killing everyone who passes the centre and killing them as they spawn? They’re gonna die anyway they just live for like 10 seconds more
Standing at the other teams spawn point and just knocking then into the void for the whole game is much more clearly kill farming than killing people as they're running to your pit over the bridge

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Standing at the other teams spawn point and just knocking then into the void for the whole game is much more clearly kill farming than killing people as they're running to your pit over the bridge
True, I see your point I just think banning it will create more bow spammers waiting to shoot them down as they approach. That or blockades at the centre.

Reactions: Matriox

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
it’s not mean it’s called using specific tactics to win the game
What? It is also a tactic to spawn kill in EggWars, which is not allowed anymore.

Obviously this is a tactic right now, one that gets on players' nerves. That's why it has been suggested to be disallowed. That's the whole point of this thread.

In my opinion, spawn killing in any form could be considered trolling, and should be disallowed in any form

• Agree
Reactions: solarxysm

Katsukka

Mar 1, 2022
Pronouns
She/They
Wow that must be an interesting game of Blockwars, considering Blockwars are 5v5! You can always leave a game if it’s that awful to play through.

Also that’s a bit over the top, it’s hardly that bad. It’s only keeping a player temporarily dead, and those are rare cases. So spawnkilling is not being a decent human being?
2022-04-07_17.02.07.jpg

I might disagree that they are 5vs5

And I think you'd agree if 8 people were just spawnkilling you constantly

Last edited:

Katsukka

Mar 1, 2022
Pronouns
She/They
this is a bedrock discussion isnt core from java

edit - although it can be applicable to java too but i’ve never played java in my life so i wouldnt know what its like in java
oof I did not notice the tag, just saw the name blockwars :)

edit: and, well, yea, spawnkilling is problem on java too

• Haha
Reactions: Silco
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
Top Bottom