Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you support this idea?

• Total voters

he77789

Sep 4, 2020
Spawn trapping may seem to be a cheap and annoying tactic, but it's not a move that only give you kills; it bring in risk. That's why I think it should be allowed. If you decide to spawn trap and kill farm, you forfeit time that could be used to collect more resources, and put your egg at risk. IMO the risk and the reward is balanced.

You may ask: Hacking is not allowed because it annoys people without a way to escape, so why is spawn trapping legal? They have fundamental differences. There's no in game way to counter a hacker that flies around and one shot everyone, so admins have to implement an out of game way to stop them, i.e. reporting. However, spawn trapping is easily avoidable. All players start with the same amount of materials, so if he can get enough obsidian to spawn trap, you also have enough time to prevent him from doing so, e.g. shooting him down when he comes too close, rush him and break his egg first, build defenses, kill him before he can build the cage etc. Someone hacking is not your fault, but you getting spawn trapped is 100% your own fault. If you get annoyed because you got outplayed, /leave is always there.

Obviously, it's still not legal if there's no 3rd team as there's no more ways to make the spawn trappers stop spawn trapping, so that would clog up the servers.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
It is allowed. Just not if you want to be pathetic about it and farm kills or just to annoy them.

Trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another player. Trolling is strictly prohibited. Trolling can take many forms, like killing/injuring teammates, breaking crafting tables to steal from teammates, breaking defenses for no reason in games like Blockwars, spamming a player with friend/party invites or intentionally blocking teammates from building towers in Tower Defense. Trolling can also be used in games like EggWars where players will purposely block players in their spawn with obsidian to farm kills or to just keep them stuck, and not getting their egg.

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Kill farming is not allowed because it annoys other players, and gives you too many points. If you just kill other people over and over, it's not fun for the person being killed over and over, and it will result in them leaving, because there isn't anything they can do. If you kill them over and over, as you get a few points for each kill, you will be able to get ridiculous amounts of points really fast. If there are only two teams left, you will just generate infinite points. Also as someone else said above this, people's statistics will be ruined, having potentially 10+ deaths just from a single game due to you killing them over and over. Big fat no. -1

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Kill farming is not allowed because it annoys other players, and gives you too many points. If you just kill other people over and over, it's not fun for the person being killed over and over, and it will result in them leaving, because there isn't anything they can do. If you kill them over and over, as you get a few points for each kill, you will be able to get ridiculous amounts of points really fast. If there are only two teams left, you will just generate infinite points. Also as someone else said above this, people's statistics will be ruined, having potentially 10+ deaths just from a single game due to you killing them over and over. Big fat no. -1
i was playing eggwars earlier and my friend made like 7 people leave by just killing them once or twice, imagine how triggered people get from spawn trapping them

• Wow
Reactions: MeliodasWrath

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Spawn trapping may seem to be a cheap and annoying tactic, but it's not a move that only give you kills; it bring in risk. That's why I think it should be allowed. If you decide to spawn trap and kill farm, you forfeit time that could be used to collect more resources, and put your egg at risk. IMO the risk and the reward is balanced.

You may ask: Hacking is not allowed because it annoys people without a way to escape, so why is spawn trapping legal? They have fundamental differences. There's no in game way to counter a hacker that flies around and one shot everyone, so admins have to implement an out of game way to stop them, i.e. reporting. However, spawn trapping is easily avoidable. All players start with the same amount of materials, so if he can get enough obsidian to spawn trap, you also have enough time to prevent him from doing so, e.g. shooting him down when he comes too close, rush him and break his egg first, build defenses, kill him before he can build the cage etc. Someone hacking is not your fault, but you getting spawn trapped is 100% your own fault. If you get annoyed because you got outplayed, /leave is always there.

Obviously, it's still not legal if there's no 3rd team as there's no more ways to make the spawn trappers stop spawn trapping, so that would clog up the servers.

Hello, thanks for taking the time and make a suggestion!

Unfortunately I disagree with your suggestion any spawn/trapping/kills, gives you the advantage of farming kills faster which makes it illegal as some players still remain in the game until their egg is broken. In my opinion it shouldn’t be changed and remain in the state that currently is.

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020

It is allowed. Just not if you want to be pathetic about it and farm kills or just to annoy them.
Try to do that to me, I’ll get out. I’m just saying that it is hard to spawn trap me.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I would like to debunk the point being made about statistics and points. Points you don't get anymore only like 3 times killing a person after that you don't get them anymore with stats if someone wants to boost stats you can just keep killing you friend if you want kill stats this wouldn't be very smart if you want kills. And who cares about the stats they're just for urself and if someone would want them stats they would do it another way. Myself I think it should stay punishable I remember the fun of point farming off a noob but also remember having no fun when being kill farmed I think it just gives the person being killed farmed a reason to quit cubecraft if they'll get kill farmed a lot if they make it allowed

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I would like to debunk the point being made about statistics and points. Points you don't get anymore only like 3 times killing a person after that you don't get them anymore with stats if someone wants to boost stats you can just keep killing you friend if you want kill stats this wouldn't be very smart if you want kills. And who cares about the stats they're just for urself and if someone would want them stats they would do it another way. Myself I think it should stay punishable I remember the fun of point farming off a noob but also remember having no fun when being kill farmed I think it just gives the person being killed farmed a reason to quit cubecraft if they'll get kill farmed a lot if they make it allowed
lots of people care about stats for some reason, i personally dont see the point of it

he77789

Sep 4, 2020
Well then just add a cap on how much xp you can get from killing one person in 1 match. problem solved.

Wood_456

Novice Member
Jan 23, 2018
The Netherlands
I disagree the statistics will be unfair and dont forget about the younger players or the new players on the server that aren't that good at the game. I think this will ruin their whole experience on the server.
Believe me, it does ruin your experience as you said especially for new players. This is the worst way of getting introduced to the gamemode since there is no way to get out of it aside from leaving the game.

he77789

Sep 4, 2020
Hacking and spawn trapping have the same basic idea behind them, which is 1. To troll and 2. To get good stats, so sorry, it’s a no from me

Everyone focus on the fact that a number on your profile will be larger. Just add a cap on how many kills will the scoreboard count per person per game.

Having the team list have an extra entry may mislead the other team, so it's not entirely just for trolling.

If your argument is that "new players will get frustrated", then well getting their egg broken or accidentally falling into the void is also frustrating, yet no one wants them get removed.

D

Deleted member 554749

So I believe your claim is not smart. I’ve been spawn killed many times and it leads to the point of rage quitting. It’s one of those things that’s happened on many servers because they trap you in a box, and don’t allow you to escape. They taunt your egg even if there’s no defense and they could easily take it. Spawn killing shouldn’t be allowed and I think personally it should be punishable if done to a harrassing extent. I think you are missing the point many people including me are trying to make. Of coarse we understand you risk your egg and resources. But if your spawn killing the last team with full diamond or extremely good gear, your never going to die. What is someone with a fist going to do against a full diamond in a 1 v 1 trapped in an obsidian cage? Those are my thoughts:

D

Deleted member 554749

Well then just add a cap on how much xp you can get from killing one person in 1 match. problem solved.

BUT THEY WILL STILL CONTINUE KILLING YOU. Half of the spawn killers just enjoy seeing you have a bad time.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom