Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iFantazy

Novice Member
Mar 22, 2017
SkyWars
Have you ever played a game of Eggwars and your opponent is just sitting there unable to be damaged? This is how I feel. Changing it would make minigames like Eggwars quicker and easier to win. Decreasing the amount of spawn protection would also help as it gives players less time to run away, unharmed.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
This has been suggested quite a lot of times, and most of the people don't agree... Think of it like as yourself
If you were getting raided and your egg was getting destroyed, you would probably be able to do nothing as yo're quite good as dead.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
If the spawn protection wasn't there you could easily spawn kill, also, there's no way to defend your egg when you don't have spawn protection, why? You may ask.
When you're killed by someone that is about to destroy your egg, most of the time, he tries to kill you before he breaks the egg when he's breaking the obsidian or sandstone, there's no way for you to keep out I think.
Also, this has been suggested many times before.

Reactions: ElPtricko

Golapagos

Novice Member
Jan 14, 2017
Atlantis, The Ocean
If the spawn protection wasn't there you could easily spawn kill, also, there's no way to defend your egg when you don't have spawn protection, why? You may ask.
When you're killed by someone that is about to destroy your egg, most of the time, he tries to kill you before he breaks the egg when he's breaking the obsidian or sandstone, there's no way for you to keep out I think.
I think the spawn protection is fine as it is! Just as scottness said, the spawn protection is your last resort to find a way to come back!

PyjamaBanana

Novice Member
Jan 17, 2017
Spawn protection should NOT be removed or even decreased, it makes the game impossible to win if you die then lose your egg.
You have said it makes it too easy to escape, it doesn't, one can easily destroy a no-gear enemy even if they run, and who doesn't enjoy a bit of chase? ;)

To summarise the spawn protection should not be removed or decreased as:
-It doesn't really affect the game hugely.
-It gives the opposition more of a chance in the game which means it is enjoyed more.
-It makes the game more fun for both sides.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Urgh, here we go again:
This has been suggested quite a lot of times, and most of the people don't agree... Think of it like as yourself
If you were getting raided and your egg was getting destroyed, you would probably be able to do nothing as yo're quite good as dead.
I think the spawn protection is fine as it is! Just as scottness said, the spawn protection is your last resort to find a way to come back!
Spawn protection should NOT be removed or even decreased, it makes the game impossible to win if you die then lose your egg.
You have said it makes it too easy to escape, it doesn't, one can easily destroy a no-gear enemy even if they run, and who doesn't enjoy a bit of chase? ;)

To summarise the spawn protection should not be removed or decreased as:
-It doesn't really affect the game hugely.
-It gives the opposition more of a chance in the game which means it is enjoyed more.
-It makes the game more fun for both sides.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/about-the-eggwars-spawnprotection.185821/
Most people actually do agree that spawn protection needs to be changed, It's your own fault that you died and there is no reason you should have an advantage over someone who is clearly better than you. It's your last hope you say? What about the hope of the player who trying to destroy your egg, who is being attacked like this? Where's his hope? Where's his "fair chance"? It's everything BUT a fair chance for him.

It does affect the game hugely, it gives everyone a much fairer chance and would make the game much more fun if it were to change.

"Spawnprotection is nothing but a source of the most unfair, bad and cheapest wins for opponents while they clearly had no chance of winning anymore."
~@Earth

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I agree that it might be too OP, but you too need to have some strategy of winning, Eggwars is all about strategy. Most of the time, when you don't get rushers. Which is also a strategy. So overall, nerfing it slightly wouldn't hurt.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
In my honest opinion, I think one of the main reasons people do this is because 10 seconds is not long enough to get anywhere and you'll be shot before escaping the island. So, to be fair, 5 seconds of island square protection, meaning going to the extreme points of the island, and making a rectangle and 20 seconds outside island squares, meaning if you leave the island you'll gain +15 seconds of spawn protection which is lost if you go back onto the island. 20 seconds is more than enough to get to any other island.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
In my honest opinion, I think one of the main reasons people do this is because 10 seconds is not long enough to get anywhere and you'll be shot before escaping the island. So, to be fair, 5 seconds of island square protection, meaning going to the extreme points of the island, and making a rectangle and 20 seconds outside island squares, meaning if you leave the island you'll gain +15 seconds of spawn protection which is lost if you go back onto the island. 20 seconds is more than enough to get to any other island.
Or just make it so that when they hit you, their protection gets removed.
It gives the chance for running away/gearing up, where the spawn protection is supposed to be for,
but doesn't give them an unfair advantage by being invulnerable and able to fist the attacker indefinitely, where the spawn protection isn't for.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
Urgh, here we go again:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/about-the-eggwars-spawnprotection.185821/
Most people actually do agree that spawn protection needs to be changed, It's your own fault that you died and there is no reason you should have an advantage over someone who is clearly better than you. It's your last hope you say? What about the hope of the player who trying to destroy your egg, who is being attacked like this? Where's his hope? Where's his "fair chance"? It's everything BUT a fair chance for him.

It does affect the game hugely, it gives everyone a much fairer chance and would make the game much more fun if it were to change.

"Spawnprotection is nothing but a source of the most unfair, bad and cheapest wins for opponents while they clearly had no chance of winning anymore."
~@Earth
The people that have lost their egg usually ends up losing anyways and the times where they don't it shows that the player is good. The spawn protection is in the actual game, its not cubecraft that has implemented it, its still in your singleplayer worlds.
It just kind of seems like everyone thinks its cubecraft who made this happen and that its their fault.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The people that have lost their egg usually ends up losing anyways and the times where they don't it shows that the player is good. The spawn protection is in the actual game, its not cubecraft that has implemented it, its still in your singleplayer worlds.
It just kind of seems like everyone thinks its cubecraft who made this happen and that its their fault.
@CrazymanJR Can you confirm?

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
@CrazymanJR Can you confirm?
I have seen other youtubers play in a regular vanilla world and he tried to make a player killing machine but it wasn't fast enough as he had to wait for the spawn protection timer thing to wear off. Its XisumaVoid, in his hermitcraft season 3 world in case you wanted to know.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy Birthday
UncleSpect wrote on Basketman's profile.
Basket 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
thanks for the follow my cutie friend! 🤍
xEefster wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happybirthday bbg!! ❤🥳
Thjis wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Gefeliciteerd Eva!
Top Bottom