Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Decided to check the Spanish translations. Some improvements could be made
  • Spanglish/: There are rules titles translated totally, other are just in English (eg “Evadir Sanciones”, “Multiaccounting”, “chat del party”). That looks really bad and unprofessional.
  • Lack of consistency, kinda like above:
    • the punishment track the word “Prohibición” is used, while on the Drag Clicking rule it says “puede ocasionar un ban de sentinel”)
    • In-game rules refer punishments to “sanción”, gameplay rules refer to “prohibición”
  • Poor, too literal, translations: Some translations are unneeded and are bad (eg no one, even on Spanish speaking servers, says “Prohibición”, we just use “Ban”)
    • “No hacer solicitudes en publicaciones.“ what is this even supposed to mean? (“Do not make petitions on threads”)
    • “El equipo del personal”. Use staff or “equipo”, everyone gets it and “equipo del personal” is redundant
    • “Punishment track” =/= “duración del castigo” (Punishment length). A more accurate translation would be “Sanción” or similar
That’s all
Si os ofende, os aguantáis :) es una crítica constructiva de cómo creo que se podrían mejorar

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
Feel free to apply for translator yourself HERE!

About the suggestion, Spanish can be perceived in many ways and you can’t translate exactly from English to Spanish. The translation team works very diligently 24/7 to ensure everyone can be a part of the server. It is understandable even if it is a little off!

D

Deleted member 469419

Totalmente de acuerdo! De hecho hace tiempo que lo comenté con alguien, no se muy bien con quién, pero hay traducciones tanto en juego como foros hay bastantes fallos. Una cosa en la que me he fijado también esque en algunas ocasiones usan "su blabla" y alguna otra vez usan "tu blabla" deberían usar una sola forma por cuestión de marketing.

Reactions: DrHam

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
If I recall from when I was part of the proofreading team back in March, for the Spanish side of the Translations Team, we had made a better version than the current one, it was just never updated/changed.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Hey!

We have a special project with the shiny name ''Quality Assessment'' which sounds way harder than it is. Basically, we review the qualities of translations via that system.
Though, at this moment all translations projects have currently been put on hold due to some internal changes we're doing and haven't finished doing yet.Once we're finishing making the changes, we'll restart all our translations projects including the QA one.
I'll be forwarding your message to our Spanish proofreaders and will bump the QA project internally.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Feel free to apply for translator yourself HERE!
Nah
se muy bien con quién, pero hay traducciones tanto en juego
Por lo que tengo entendido, las del juego son anteriores a que se creara el equipo de traductores y se están haciendo de nuevo, por eso no comento de ahí
Spanish can be perceived in many ways and you can’t translate exactly from English to Spanish.
That's the difference between a good and a bad translation. I know some words/expressions are difficult to translate (eg Punishment track), but some stuff is ridiculous (eg "Personal del equipo ", instead of just staff or "equipo). There's also a lack of consistency:
usan "su blabla" y alguna otra vez usan "tu blabla" deberían
Hey!

We have a special project with the shiny name ''Quality Assessment'' which sounds way harder than it is. Basically, we review the qualities of translations via that system.
Though, at this moment all translations projects have currently been put on hold due to some internal changes we're doing and haven't finished doing yet.Once we're finishing making the changes, we'll restart all our translations projects including the QA one.
I'll be forwarding your message to our Spanish proofreaders and will bump the QA project internally.
But as Spanish proofreader, count this feedback noted!
Thank you:3

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
If I recall from when I was part of the proofreading team back in March, for the Spanish side of the Translations Team, we had made a better version than the current one, it was just never updated/changed.
But as Spanish proofreader, count this feedback noted!
Hey, to add onto the replies above, the rules were also updated once again before the improved versions of the team managed to get added. This made our improvements to need to be improved again before any implementations.

Patience is key to success. Thanks for the feedback though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.
Thank you for the follow!