Not open for further replies.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, I think that currently CubeCraft Moderation is overly strict and resorts straight to punishing people when it is not actually needed, there is a lot of flaws with the way CubeCraft moderate its server and sometimes it’s even unprofessional, which is not a good thing. I think CubeCraft should be more lenient with their rules and overall punishing people, people should be punished when what they have done has affected other people negatively, not whenever a moderator wants an extra punishment on their record.

First of all, I know a suggestion has been forwarded that highlighted the fact CubeCraft isn’t making good use of their chat filter bot on the discord, they are not adding swearing to the chat filter when it is obviously much better to prevent than to let it happen and then punish. Where I see a problem currently is that when people send discord advertisements and when people send swears in the future and it is filtered, people still get punished, even tho no harm has been done to anyone nor has anything bad been seen by people. There are a number of reasons people would accidently send advertisements and swears into chat and they include not having read the rules and forgetting a rule, these are innocent things. People not having had previously read the rules is a problem that has been here for a long time, and will never go away, no one makes it their mission to read the rules the minute they join the server, they just want to join and have some fun first. Now, why are the rules written? If there is no reason behind why they’re written, why are we following them? They are all questions I keep asking when it comes to CubeCraft Moderation. The advertisement rule was written, to my knowledge, to keep people from stealing activity from CubeCraft to another server, well? How in the world are they stealing activity from Cubecraft when you send a link and it doesnt stay in chat for a millisecond. Why is the swearing rule here? So people don’t get sweared at and feel unwelcome and disrespected? I assumed so too, but it’s not quite true on the discord. I assume that swearing will be handled the same way as advertising and people will be punished after the message that was deleted was sent into some sort of delete logging channel from the filtering bot. But why do they have to be punished? If the meaning of the rule is too keep these words away from peoples eyes, why punish people when they are not being seen by anyone’s eyes? Take for example the server chat filter, people don’t get punished for breaking rules on this filter, but it is used for helper recruitment, I say the same should go for the discord bot, if someone is overall toxic and has a lot of swearing deleted by the discord bot then yes, they shouldn’t be helper, but that doesn’t mean they should get a ban for it on their permanent record, the swearing or advertising never was seen by anyone and therefor didn’t affect anyone, if you’re still punishing people when something hasn’t affected anyone, why are we even listening the rules. The rules are here to keep people feeling safe and welcomed, not to increase moderators punishment count. TLDR: IMO The Discord Chat Filter should filter and delete everything rule breaking but should not punish anyone as nothing has been seen by anyone that would affect them. Cubecraft need to focus on prevention before punishing.

Secondly, this Sentinel appeals system is quite a mess, for the sole reason that it is so confusing beyond belief. I really think appeals should be centralised to the appeal site, it would make it so much easier for people to understand. Most of these Bedrock players are very young, they don’t have email accounts and definitely don’t know how to use email, so i really think some sort of simple appeal system where you press a button and you tell the moderators or devs what happened with some sort of guide at the side of the page stressing the exact information you need to include to ensure if you have been false banned you will be unbanned, not having like too different appeals and resorting to different emails after this and all this which is the one thing i’ve never understood since i joined Cube, i literally have no idea how these sentinel appeals work. and it doesn’t say it on CubeCrafts appeal help article either.. maybe creating a thread explaining all this and updating the help article would help too if you don’t want to centralise appeals to the appeals site.

Thirdly, on the CubeCraft server itself i really think spamming should be changed from 3 messages spammed to 5 messages spammed is considered spamming. Three doesn’t affect anyone, 5 may actually affect people and annoy people because it does spam up chat in some ways. There are a lot of reasons that people may spam and most of the times its an accident, for example; auto chat malfunctioning or something annoying like that. If someone really wanted to join the server to spam and cause harm they would spam five messages, not an accidental three.

Fourthly, Staff have gotten this trolling in TD thing all wrong, placing three towers on spots not designed for them is not trolling, its strategy. please implement this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/trolling-tower-defence-missplacing.277194/ (solution 2).

Fifthly(?), Moderators are being overly strict when it comes to speaking the wrong language in language channels, when its someones first day on the discord and someone speaks spanish in english chat a helper doesn’t need to run to the reports channel and report them and then tell them how they are disrespecting CubeCrafts rules, they simply need to tell them the correct channel to go to, no punishment needed here(as long as the person complies). As well as this Moderators are punishing people for saying one little thing like “bonjour” in english chat even when all the rest of the conversation was english, this is just stupid and needs to stop.

Lastly, i made a suggestion about making the rules completely clear here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-rules-completely-clear.300861/ however, it was denied as it would make the rules “too long”, who cares about the rules being too long? If we are going to have to follow the rules they need to be written down for us to see. So if it’s making it too long or whatever then i suggest using spoilers like this:

2 - Server Chat Rules​

Server chat rules apply to ALL server chat, including party chat and private messages.

2.1 - Swearing​

Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users or communities. Swearing is strictly prohibited. Bullying punishments are at the discretion of the moderation team. Masking swear words, extreme toxicity and controversial discussions (like politics) may result in a punishment. Acronyms are allowed unless they are targeted to a user.
Swearing or threatening in your appeal will result in a punishment. Harassing players falls under this rule. If you believe a player is harassing you in real life, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124 and we will be happy to help.
Punishment track: Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.2 - Hate Speech​

Any message sent with the purpose to offend a player or group of players based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc. is considered Hate Speech and is not allowed on our server.
Punishment track: 14 days mute → 30 days mute → Permanent mute

2.3 - Threats​

Threats are defined as any language used with the intent of threatening another player with real-life actions such as assault, DDoS, or doxxing. Threats are strictly prohibited. Suicide encouragement and death/disease wishes fall under this rule.
Punishment track: 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.4 - Chat Trolling​

Chat trolling is defined as any language meant to confuse, trick, or troll other players. This includes tricks like telling players to press Alt+F4, using colour codes to make fake private messages, faking Plus rank messages, tricking other players into breaking the rules, and other methods of trolling others. Chat trolling is strictly prohibited.
Punishment track: Warning → 1 day mute → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.5 - Spamming​

Spamming is defined as posting unwanted or unnecessary messages, often repeatedly in a short amount of time. Spamming includes but is not limited to posting random strings of symbols in 3 or more different messages (or twice in case the message is too long), using the same message or content over and over without reason or asking for free ranks. Spamming is strictly prohibited.
The spamming rule is more lenient in Among Slimes, where the rule applies to 5 or more messages if they are related to the game.
Punishment track: Warning → 1 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.6 - Impersonation​

Impersonation is defined as any attempt to trick other players into believing you are a member of staff or a YouTuber. Impersonation is strictly prohibited.
Punishment track: Warning → 1 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.7 - Scamming​

Scamming is defined as any attempt to trick a player into revealing any personal information such as their password, home address, financial information, or more. Scamming is strictly prohibited. Scamming will result in an immediate permanent mute. Selling accounts, OptiFine capes will result in a scamming mute. This rule doesn’t apply to YouTube giveaways.
Punishment track: Permanent mute

2.8 - Advertising​

Advertising of other servers, social media accounts, or any other goods or services is not allowed. Advertisement of Youtube videos, channels or streams is allowed but will result in punishment if it is spammed or abused. Users with the YouTuber rank may advertise their channels and other social media accounts.
Punishment track: Warning (social media advertisement only) → 1 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.9 - Doxxing​

Doxxing is defined as leaking any private information without consent, typically for a malicious purpose. This practice can result in a ban from the entire network.
If this happens to you, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124

2 - Server Chat Rules​

Server chat rules apply to ALL server chat, including party chat and private messages.
Inappropriate language includes swearing, bullying, controversial discussions, harassment and inappropriate references. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Using language such as profanities, expletives, or language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users or communities
  • Using abbreviations of swear words targeted at other players
  • Masking swear words
  • Extreme toxicity and bullying, extreme toxicity is defined as saying something toxic to another multiple(3+) times and is seen as bullying
  • Inappropriate words, references and language
  • Controversial discussions include but are not limited to religion and politics.
  • Harassing players
Swearing or threatening in your appeal also falls under this rule. If you find harassment is affecting your real life too, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124.

Hate speech is defined as abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group or person. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Any message sent with the purpose to insult someone based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender etc.
Hate speech isn't tolerated on the Cubecraft

Threats are defined as any language used with the intent of threatening another player with real-life actions such as assault, DDoS, or doxxing. Disallowed conduct under this rule is as follows:
  • Threatening real life death on someone
  • Encouraging suicide
  • WIshing illness on people
  • Threats of DDoS or Doxxing
Threatening death is punished at the discretion of the moderation team, it is important to know - through context - whether the person meant in game or in real life. It will only be punished if the threat was a real life threat, not in game.

Chat trolling is defined as any language meant to confuse, trick, or troll other players. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Tricking players, for example asking someone to press Alt+F4
  • Using colour codes to fake private messages and plus join messages
  • Faking regular join messages
  • Making users do something in return for a prize, for example a cash prize, a free rank or an in game advantage like free diamonds or speed
Chat trolling is strictly prohibited.

Spamming is defined as posting unwanted and unnecessary messages. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Sending a message with the same or similar content more than three times in five minutes. This rule is more lenient in Among Slimes, you are allowed to send the same or similar message five times in five minutes to allow for easier communication in meetings
  • Sending a message requesting a free rank
Spamming is strictly prohibited.
Impersonation is defined as any attempt or action done in order to trick other people into believing you are a member of the staff team of a Youtuber. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Telling someone you are a Youtuber, with or without an official Cubecraft Partner title
  • Telling someone you are a member of staff
Impersonation is strictly prohibited.

Any attempt to sell goods on the server or trick someone into revealing any personal information like their home address, financial information, pass word, phone number etc. is considered scamming and is not allowed. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Using the server to sell goods or services. This includes Minecraft accounts, Optifine Capes, Labymod Cosmetics etc. This is to protect players from scams
  • Asking anyone to reveal personal information about themselves like their home address, financial information, password, phone number etc.
Scamming is strictly prohibited.

Advertising of other servers, social media accounts, or any other goods or services is not allowed. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Advertising social media accounts like TikTok, Facebook or Twitter.
  • Advertising other servers; for example, asking someone to join you in another server, or advertising an SMP
  • Advertising goods and services is not allowed, this means that you are not allowed send a message with the purpose to influence one's purchases of anything
  • Advertising a Twitch stream or Youtube video/channel more than once every ten minutes
  • Advertising a discord server
If you would like to advertise your social media account on the server you can apply for partner here: https://partners.cubecraft.net/. If you would like to be able to advertise your discord server in game please apply for External Community organiser here:
Doxxing is defined as leaking any private information without consent, typically for a malicious purpose. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Leaking any personal information about someone else without their consent. This includes real life names, phone numbers, addresses etc.
This is incredibly strict, anyone found breaking this rule could receive a ban from all Cubecraft services and platforms. Should this happen to you, please create a player safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124

TLDR: imo this should change:
- Use the discord chat filter more but don't punish when no one has seen anything but still use deleted stuff to help in helper applications etc.
- Centralise appeals to the appeals website, don't bring emails into it
- Change server spamming from three to five
- Don't be overly strict with using the incorrect language in language channels, if after telling someone to use a different language and they don't comply, then punish them
- Make rules completely clear

Last edited:

Akai Shuichi

Feb 16, 2022
Yes,i agree for the part "rule not completely clear",my brother forum acc has been banned until july,and the reason is submitting other people evidence,but…on the rule web site didn't wrote "can't" submit other people video,i help my brother double checked the rule,but same,i didn't found there wrote it is punishable,and then i go to the player report guide, finally i saw it is not allowed,but the problem is it didn't write on the rule web site!it wrote on "guide",you can go google to search what is means guide,my brother understand how to report player that's why he didn't go to read that thread.(btw,my brother now beside me=_=)Of course you should not be unfamiliar with my brother, because he is Joe.

So i agree this,hope cubecraft completely clear they rules ,thanks.

Edit:This acc all control by me,not him.

Reactions: Matriox

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
This thread needed to be made, it's like a championship on who punishes the most people.

I got punished for linking my suggestion on my status on the forums asking for people to check it out. The rule only says:
Don't ask for likes/agrees or farm messages with the only objective of increasing your forum stats. Liking several posts in a row to boost other user(s) stats falls under this rule too.

I just wanted people to share their thoughts, not with the 'only objective of increasing my forum stats'. I didn't even ask for agree votes and I can't even increase forum stats with agree/disagree votes 🤦‍♂️

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Hello!
I'm changing the prefix of this suggestion to planned as it will be added in the next rules update.

Regarding the rules, this may take a few days as we are looking at the best way to make the rules more detailed without making everything extremely long. It is likely that we will merge the forums, discord and server chat rules into one section (for example, the swearing rule is practically the same on 2.1, 3.1 and 4.1). This is something we will review with the moderators.
About the Discord filter, I can't give details about it but we have a project in progress.
About appeals, unfortunately I can't give you an estimated date. I know having everything related to appeals in the same site would be ideal, but at the moment we can't prioritize it.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
so have the
- Don't punish people who break rules when the message gets deleted straight away
- The changing spamming on the server from 3 -> 5
- The don't be overly strict with using the incorrect language channel
- Changing the TD trolling rule
been accepted or denied?

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
so have the
- Don't punish people who break rules when the message gets deleted straight away
- The changing spamming on the server from 3 -> 5
- The don't be overly strict with using the incorrect language channel
- Changing the TD trolling rule
been accepted or denied?
- Don't punish people who break rules when the message gets deleted straight away: No. Sadly this isn't going to be implemented as it will be abused. We will consider instantly deleted messages on staffhelp (for using the channel incorrectly), but no more than that.
- The changing spamming on the server from 3 -> 5: It is going to be discussed with the mod team, but I agree with your suggestion.
- The don't be overly strict with using the incorrect language channel: It's going to be discussed with the mod team, but I agree with your suggestion.
- Changing the TD trolling rule: Yes, it will be implemented.

💀 Camgames 🎃

Aug 18, 2021
Hello, I think that currently CubeCraft Moderation is overly strict and resorts straight to punishing people when it is not actually needed, there is a lot of flaws with the way CubeCraft moderate its server and sometimes it’s even unprofessional, which is not a good thing. I think CubeCraft should be more lenient with their rules and overall punishing people, people should be punished when what they have done has affected other people negatively, not whenever a moderator wants an extra punishment on their record.

First of all, I know a suggestion has been forwarded that highlighted the fact CubeCraft isn’t making good use of their chat filter bot on the discord, they are not adding swearing to the chat filter when it is obviously much better to prevent than to let it happen and then punish. Where I see a problem currently is that when people send discord advertisements and when people send swears in the future and it is filtered, people still get punished, even tho no harm has been done to anyone nor has anything bad been seen by people. There are a number of reasons people would accidently send advertisements and swears into chat and they include not having read the rules and forgetting a rule, these are innocent things. People not having had previously read the rules is a problem that has been here for a long time, and will never go away, no one makes it their mission to read the rules the minute they join the server, they just want to join and have some fun first. Now, why are the rules written? If there is no reason behind why they’re written, why are we following them? They are all questions I keep asking when it comes to CubeCraft Moderation. The advertisement rule was written, to my knowledge, to keep people from stealing activity from CubeCraft to another server, well? How in the world are they stealing activity from Cubecraft when you send a link and it doesnt stay in chat for a millisecond. Why is the swearing rule here? So people don’t get sweared at and feel unwelcome and disrespected? I assumed so too, but it’s not quite true on the discord. I assume that swearing will be handled the same way as advertising and people will be punished after the message that was deleted was sent into some sort of delete logging channel from the filtering bot. But why do they have to be punished? If the meaning of the rule is too keep these words away from peoples eyes, why punish people when they are not being seen by anyone’s eyes? Take for example the server chat filter, people don’t get punished for breaking rules on this filter, but it is used for helper recruitment, I say the same should go for the discord bot, if someone is overall toxic and has a lot of swearing deleted by the discord bot then yes, they shouldn’t be helper, but that doesn’t mean they should get a ban for it on their permanent record, the swearing or advertising never was seen by anyone and therefor didn’t affect anyone, if you’re still punishing people when something hasn’t affected anyone, why are we even listening the rules. The rules are here to keep people feeling safe and welcomed, not to increase moderators punishment count. TLDR: IMO The Discord Chat Filter should filter and delete everything rule breaking but should not punish anyone as nothing has been seen by anyone that would affect them. Cubecraft need to focus on prevention before punishing.

Secondly, this Sentinel appeals system is quite a mess, for the sole reason that it is so confusing beyond belief. I really think appeals should be centralised to the appeal site, it would make it so much easier for people to understand. Most of these Bedrock players are very young, they don’t have email accounts and definitely don’t know how to use email, so i really think some sort of simple appeal system where you press a button and you tell the moderators or devs what happened with some sort of guide at the side of the page stressing the exact information you need to include to ensure if you have been false banned you will be unbanned, not having like too different appeals and resorting to different emails after this and all this which is the one thing i’ve never understood since i joined Cube, i literally have no idea how these sentinel appeals work. and it doesn’t say it on CubeCrafts appeal help article either.. maybe creating a thread explaining all this and updating the help article would help too if you don’t want to centralise appeals to the appeals site.

Thirdly, on the CubeCraft server itself i really think spamming should be changed from 3 messages spammed to 5 messages spammed is considered spamming. Three doesn’t affect anyone, 5 may actually affect people and annoy people because it does spam up chat in some ways. There are a lot of reasons that people may spam and most of the times its an accident, for example; auto chat malfunctioning or something annoying like that. If someone really wanted to join the server to spam and cause harm they would spam five messages, not an accidental three.

Fourthly, Staff have gotten this trolling in TD thing all wrong, placing three towers on spots not designed for them is not trolling, its strategy. please implement this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/trolling-tower-defence-missplacing.277194/ (solution 2).

Fifthly(?), Moderators are being overly strict when it comes to speaking the wrong language in language channels, when its someones first day on the discord and someone speaks spanish in english chat a helper doesn’t need to run to the reports channel and report them and then tell them how they are disrespecting CubeCrafts rules, they simply need to tell them the correct channel to go to, no punishment needed here(as long as the person complies). As well as this Moderators are punishing people for saying one little thing like “bonjour” in english chat even when all the rest of the conversation was english, this is just stupid and needs to stop.

Lastly, i made a suggestion about making the rules completely clear here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/make-rules-completely-clear.300861/ however, it was denied as it would make the rules “too long”, who cares about the rules being too long? If we are going to have to follow the rules they need to be written down for us to see. So if it’s making it too long or whatever then i suggest using spoilers like this:

2 - Server Chat Rules​

2.1 - Swearing​

Swearing is defined as the use of offensive language such as profanities, expletives, or other language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users or communities. Swearing is strictly prohibited. Bullying punishments are at the discretion of the moderation team. Masking swear words, extreme toxicity and controversial discussions (like politics) may result in a punishment. Acronyms are allowed unless they are targeted to a user.
Swearing or threatening in your appeal will result in a punishment. Harassing players falls under this rule. If you believe a player is harassing you in real life, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124 and we will be happy to help.
Punishment track: Warning → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.2 - Hate Speech​

Any message sent with the purpose to offend a player or group of players based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc. is considered Hate Speech and is not allowed on our server.
Punishment track: 14 days mute → 30 days mute → Permanent mute

2.3 - Threats​

Threats are defined as any language used with the intent of threatening another player with real-life actions such as assault, DDoS, or doxxing. Threats are strictly prohibited. Suicide encouragement and death/disease wishes fall under this rule.
Punishment track: 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.4 - Chat Trolling​

Chat trolling is defined as any language meant to confuse, trick, or troll other players. This includes tricks like telling players to press Alt+F4, using colour codes to make fake private messages, faking Plus rank messages, tricking other players into breaking the rules, and other methods of trolling others. Chat trolling is strictly prohibited.
Punishment track: Warning → 1 day mute → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.5 - Spamming​

Spamming is defined as posting unwanted or unnecessary messages, often repeatedly in a short amount of time. Spamming includes but is not limited to posting random strings of symbols in 3 or more different messages (or twice in case the message is too long), using the same message or content over and over without reason or asking for free ranks. Spamming is strictly prohibited.
The spamming rule is more lenient in Among Slimes, where the rule applies to 5 or more messages if they are related to the game.

2.6 - Impersonation​

Impersonation is defined as any attempt to trick other players into believing you are a member of staff or a YouTuber. Impersonation is strictly prohibited.

2.7 - Scamming​

Scamming is defined as any attempt to trick a player into revealing any personal information such as their password, home address, financial information, or more. Scamming is strictly prohibited. Scamming will result in an immediate permanent mute. Selling accounts, OptiFine capes will result in a scamming mute. This rule doesn’t apply to YouTube giveaways.
Punishment track: Permanent mute

2.8 - Advertising​

Advertising of other servers, social media accounts, or any other goods or services is not allowed. Advertisement of Youtube videos, channels or streams is allowed but will result in punishment if it is spammed or abused. Users with the YouTuber rank may advertise their channels and other social media accounts.
Punishment track: Warning (social media advertisement only) → 1 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

2.9 - Doxxing​

Doxxing is defined as leaking any private information without consent, typically for a malicious purpose. This practice can result in a ban from the entire network.
If this happens to you, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124

2 - Server Chat Rules​

Inappropriate language includes swearing, bullying, controversial discussions, harassment and inappropriate references. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Using language such as profanities, expletives, or language intended to belittle, offend, or upset other users or communities
  • Using abbreviations of swear words targeted at other players
  • Masking swear words
  • Extreme toxicity and bullying, extreme toxicity is defined as saying something toxic to another multiple(3+) times and is seen as bullying
  • Inappropriate words, references and language
  • Controversial discussions include but are not limited to religion and politics.
  • Harassing players
Swearing or threatening in your appeal also falls under this rule. If you find harassment is affecting your real life too, please create a safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124.

Hate speech is defined as abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group or person. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Any message sent with the purpose to insult someone based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender etc.
Hate speech isn't tolerated on the Cubecraft

Threats are defined as any language used with the intent of threatening another player with real-life actions such as assault, DDoS, or doxxing. Disallowed conduct under this rule is as follows:
  • Threatening real life death on someone
  • Encouraging suicide
  • WIshing illness on people
  • Threats of DDoS or Doxxing
Threatening death is punished at the discretion of the moderation team, it is important to know - through context - whether the person meant in game or in real life. It will only be punished if the threat was a real life threat, not in game.

Chat trolling is defined as any language meant to confuse, trick, or troll other players. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Tricking players, for example asking someone to press Alt+F4
  • Using colour codes to fake private messages and plus join messages
  • Faking regular join messages
  • Making users do something in return for a prize, for example a cash prize, a free rank or an in game advantage like free diamonds or speed
Chat trolling is strictly prohibited.

Spamming is defined as posting unwanted and unnecessary messages. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Sending a message with the same or similar content more than three times in five minutes. This rule is more lenient in Among Slimes, you are allowed to send the same or similar message five times in five minutes to allow for easier communication in meetings
  • Sending a message requesting a free rank
Spamming is strictly prohibited.
Impersonation is defined as any attempt or action done in order to trick other people into believing you are a member of the staff team of a Youtuber. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Telling someone you are a Youtuber, with or without an official Cubecraft Partner title
  • Telling someone you are a member of staff
Impersonation is strictly prohibited.

Any attempt to sell goods on the server or trick someone into revealing any personal information like their home address, financial information, pass word, phone number etc. is considered scamming and is not allowed. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Using the server to sell goods or services. This includes Minecraft accounts, Optifine Capes, Labymod Cosmetics etc. This is to protect players from scams
  • Asking anyone to reveal personal information about themselves like their home address, financial information, password, phone number etc.
Scamming is strictly prohibited.

Advertising of other servers, social media accounts, or any other goods or services is not allowed. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Advertising social media accounts like TikTok, Facebook or Twitter.
  • Advertising other servers; for example, asking someone to join you in another server, or advertising an SMP
  • Advertising goods and services is not allowed, this means that you are not allowed send a message with the purpose to influence one's purchases of anything
  • Advertising a Twitch stream or Youtube video/channel more than once every ten minutes
  • Advertising a discord server
If you would like to advertise your social media account on the server you can apply for partner here: https://partners.cubecraft.net/. If you would like to be able to advertise your discord server in game please apply for External Community organiser here:
Doxxing is defined as leaking any private information without consent, typically for a malicious purpose. Disallowed conduct under this rule includes:
  • Leaking any personal information about someone else without their consent. This includes real life names, phone numbers, addresses etc.
This is incredibly strict, anyone found breaking this rule could receive a ban from all Cubecraft services and platforms. Should this happen to you, please create a player safety report here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/player-safety.124

TLDR: imo this should change:
- Use the discord chat filter more but don't punish when no one has seen anything but still use deleted stuff to help in helper applications etc.
- Centralise appeals to the appeals website, don't bring emails into it
- Change server spamming from three to five
- Don't be overly strict with using the incorrect language in language channels, if after telling someone to use a different language and they don't comply, then punish them
- Make rules completely clear
Overly strict about application Denials, also

D

Deleted member 486292

It's a running joke in my friend group to keep track of how silly your reason was for getting banned, or how many times you've been banned from the CC discord. I think that says something on its own.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Hello!
I'm changing the prefix of this suggestion to planned as it will be added in the next rules update.

Regarding the rules, this may take a few days as we are looking at the best way to make the rules more detailed without making everything extremely long. It is likely that we will merge the forums, discord and server chat rules into one section (for example, the swearing rule is practically the same on 2.1, 3.1 and 4.1). This is something we will review with the moderators.
About the Discord filter, I can't give details about it but we have a project in progress.
About appeals, unfortunately I can't give you an estimated date. I know having everything related to appeals in the same site would be ideal, but at the moment we can't prioritize it.
can i help?
- Don't punish people who break rules when the message gets deleted straight away: No. Sadly this isn't going to be implemented as it will be abused. We will consider instantly deleted messages on staffhelp (for using the channel incorrectly), but no more than that.
- The changing spamming on the server from 3 -> 5: It is going to be discussed with the mod team, but I agree with your suggestion.
- The don't be overly strict with using the incorrect language channel: It's going to be discussed with the mod team, but I agree with your suggestion.
- Changing the TD trolling rule: Yes, it will be implemented.
for Number one where he says it I think it should apply to somethings
Like staff help, becayse one time a long time ago I was warned like 10minutes later after sending a message in staff help
(I kinda got confused cause they were gaving a convo their previously, but I deleted my message as it was in StaffHelp, but I still ended up getting a warn

Obviously swearing, slurs and bringing up controversial topics should still be punished even if they were deleted. But some things very small like accidentally using a wrong channel should not be

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Hello!
With today's rules update, we have changed the format of the rules completely. This allowed us to add more details and situations, without making the rules page extremely long.
Unfortunately there were parts of your suggestion that we have not implemented:
-The spam rule will continue to be 3 messages on our server, but we have added exceptions as it will not be our goal to be extremely strict with non-harmful messages like "gg".
-The suggestion about not punishing for deleted messages will not fully implemented, but the moderators will be more lenient with messages sent by mistake in staff-help and in a language incorrect to the corresponding Discord channel.
Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom