💙 Admin Team
- Jun 26, 2016
We bring you an exciting yet massive change that is coming to the Translation Team! After the change in leadership, there was a lot of review and discussion over how the Translation Team works and how we could improve it. This has led to many plans about how we can change the system to facilitate the team's end goal, which is translating the network!
Minor tweaks have occurred to allow for a more streamlined and efficient process. This means that there is now new information to read and continued transparency with the community as well.
To summarize some of the changes; the recruitment for developers has been moved to an internal process, applying to be a translator will not mean an instant move up to proofreader (or any other part of the team), requirements and what we look for in an applicant have been tweaked - updated in a thread here, along with the way we recruit being public there too.
Closing Developer Applications
This means that any developers we may need will be from our translators on the team instead. While this was not an easy decision to make, it was one we found to be a necessity. The main reason is due to the fact that the goal of the translations team is about translating for the server. As such we will not always have projects for the developers and want to ensure they are able to help out in other ways too! This will also allow us to put all of our focus on finding amazing people that have a heart for translating.
In the past, there was a rare possibility that someone applying to be a translator could instantly be put in a proofreader position if their skills showed to be of that quality. While this is an amazing thing, with the restructuring of the team, it was not something that we desired to continue. As such, we will now only be accepting applicants as translators. This will also allow them to learn about the team, our mission, and what we do before being given extra responsibility.
This also means that our requirements, and what we look for in an applicant, have been tweaked slightly. Any changes made will be seen in the application information thread mentioned above.
As a final note, we wanted to allow for transparency with you all on how it is we handle the recruitment process. We feel this is an important factor, as it allows you all to understand the steps and also what it entails from our perspective. This process was tweaked as well, which will be the way they are handled moving forward and explained in the application information thread mentioned above.
Translation Team Ranks
The ranks as a whole have been completely changed. As for the staff rank, it will be changed to SrTranslator. However, those who had Translator rank before, but are not a SrTranslator now, will be grandfathered in with the Translator rank until they leave the Translation Team.
As for the internal ranks, there used to be Heads, Team Leads, Proofreaders, Recruitment, Events, Development, Translators, and Report Translators. There is now a more simplified structure, which is as follows:
Will be the ones that work alongside the Proofreaders and the Admin Team to ensure the team's purpose is filled/motivation consistent. They will be assisting with events and assurance that the team is accomplishing goals. They will be handling responsibilities like recruitment, translation bug tracking, and monitoring their language teams.
These will have the in-game, forums, and discord rank SrTranslator!
Will be the ones that help to ensure their teams are accomplishing strings of great quality, including the resolution of bugs found with the translations. The proofreaders will also work alongside the SrTranslators to help with motivation, recruitment, and monitoring the welfare of their respective language teams.
Will be the ones providing quality translations of our network's information. This will vary depending on the tasks at hand and the future, but as of currently this relates to our Java & Bedrock network, as well as our Helpdesk Articles.
There will be those that solely help with translating for the Moderation team, but that will be while that language team grows. Once they reach 5 members, they will be translating that language onto the server as well!
Extra Backend Information
- Everything the team translates ranges from in-game strings to helpdesk articles. Our end goal is to allow people to be able to access our server in the language that they are native in.
- This used to be done through Google Groups, but has now been moved to a more efficient and equipped site!
- All of this is now accomplished through utilizing applications like Discord and Weblate, which allow us to get the strings translated and published at the best quality possible.
- Now, alongside @AnimalTamer1, @Cynamooo and @Calichin will be assisting in overseeing the team!
- Cynamooo will be assisting with the recruitment side of the team, monitoring the progress, and supporting the SrTranslators.
- Meanwhile, Calichin will be assisting in overseeing the welfare and motivation of the team!
What we can give you
- Experiences and Knowledge
- Feeling a sense of duty and belonging, collaborating with many into determining the success of a massive project!
- Having your work seen by the community and assisting in improving the gaming experience of one of the largest Minecraft networks in the world!
- An environment that allows you to learn and grow by providing personal feedback, a great variety of tools, training, and role opportunities.
- To thank you for your volunteering, we are also willing to write a job reference and an employer can reach out to the CubeCraft Administration for confirmation of contributions.
- Enjoy the fun and unique games, events, and competitions that we do as a team!
- Meet, socialize and build invaluable friendships with kind and helpful individuals from around the world!
Interested? Apply Now!
We are excited to continue to see the translation team grow and allow our network to be understood by people all over the world! We hope you all are too!
If you are interested in applying, you can find more information on that here and go to apply here.