Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tostao ☕

Novice Member
Hello!
Well before commenting on my criticism that it is actually a good and constructive criticism, I want to make it clear that it is personal and that I really appreciate the work that this entails, but what I will comment will be so that they have it and so they can improve <3.

So, my native language is Spanish, however I am more or less fluent in English and understand many things.
I have always used the game in the English language to learn more, in addition to the large servers where I can select the languages, I also put them in English.

One day curious, he gave me to put the language in Spanish, which really seems to me a very good job on your part to do this since it takes many hours of work and effort, I value it too much.
But here comes my criticism, I consider that to have a more or less large team of translators the translation is very pessim, a large part of the translations is as if I copied and pasted in the google translator, many of the short sentences and easy to understand sometimes they are translated without context and without meaning. Others are combined with English and Spanish, (I know that some minigames and sections are untranslated, that's not what I mean, I mean short sentences and in minigames that a large part are "translated"), and it would not make any sense to select a language if it is combined with other languages and they have no context, I could perfectly copy that sentence and paste it in a translator that will translate it super bad
and without any context.

So, @Elenahh who is the team leader, should look and evaluate who they are in the team or how these translations are being carried out, rather follow up or evaluate the translations before launching them in the game, I go back and clarify this It is a constructive criticism so that they take it well and thus improve more and more.

Greetings and I really hope for a strong response from you, since suggestions are always made and are never reprimanded.

Thanks ^^

Reactions: DrHam

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hey hey! :)
Thanks for giving me an opportunity to share some things related to the Java and Bedrock network translations.

Currently, the translations you see in-game have not been done by our translation team. They have been done long before the team was founded and I am not even sure myself who the real translators are - possibly previous members of the Moderation team who never got the time or resources to provide good quality translations.

We are aware of the bad quality the translations have and how little they are (approximately 5-17% of the network has been translated into the languages you see in the Settings menu.) Unfortunately, our translations will be seen by the community only when we are done translating the server on 100%.

I'm here if you have any further questions or concerns ^.^

Tostao ☕

Novice Member
Ohhh, really thank you very much for your answer, it was very timely and forceful.

I really didn't know that these translations had been done by other people, and I was not aware of the translations being implemented when they were 100% certified, that's very good, I was almost sure that the translations were being implemented gradually.

I just have a question, Is there an estimated date to complete these translations? I know that this question is very difficult since this is taking place when translations are carried out, the number of translation staff, etc.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I just have a question, do I have an estimated date for the completion of these translations? I know that this question is very difficult since this is taking place when translations are carried out, the number of translation staff, etc.
Since May 2019, which is the time when the team began truly functioning and developing, we have been mainly focused on website translations, expanding, motivating and organizing our team.

Due to the lack of resources, namely a website for the Java and Bedrock translations part, we were unable to work on this kind of translations efficiently until this day. Fear not, though, we used that time pretty productively and are now able to get into the strings with full strength!

You are correct that it is a bit hard for me to give you an estimated time when they will be finished. We are just starting now and an answer like that would depend on many factors. Factors I have not gotten to see just yet. However, my impressions until now of the team motivation, activity, as well as the workings of the new translating methods, tell me you will see the translations of our largest language teams in a couple of months.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Alright, glad it is all good now.
Psst, our translator applications are open and seeing how interested you are in our server translations, I would be happy to see an application from you. Who knows.. you may end up seeing our progress with your own eyes and participating in it!

If anyone has more questions or concerns, you know where to find me. :)
- Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Top Bottom